watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Midfield just not up to it

Started by Whitesideup, November 21, 2014, 11:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Just weren't good enough today. Collectively they are just not up to it. When a team takes the game to us we don't have the presence or the wit to stop them and build our own game. There were some good touches from Parker, even a couple of good forward balls, but he is supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the Championship. He did not exercise anywhere enough influence today and wasn't on the ball anywhere near enough.

All the Ruiz fans ... how did you think he did today? No doubt brilliantly, but then I am always watching another game to you. When the going gets tough...Ruiz disappears. Totally ineffectual.

LVC - I'm a fan but today was a tough game and it wasn't his best. However, robbed of a penalty at the death,and like Parker he had some good moments. And George, well, promising player, but he struggled today against strength and pace, and with the others was unable to get a hold on the game.

This does not augur well. We must improve.

One Martin Thomas

In the first half, the midfield was non-existent.  Where was the leadership ? 

fulhamben

i must of missed the good parker bits. thought george was the only one of the four to come out of it without looking pants today. thought he did well tracking back an extremily decent right sided pairing. would like to see more of him going forwards, but when our spine just knock it into the corner flags time and again, that isnt going to happen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zu-Meister

Parker and LVC should be midfield starters.....but with a holding mid behind them. allowing them to be the box to box players they are.
as for Ruiz..........2 years ive been saying he is useless in the english game. and no David on the bench, bizarre.

Whitesideup

Quote from: fulhamben on November 21, 2014, 11:48:52 PM
i must of missed the good parker bits. thought george was the only one of the four to come out of it without looking pants today. thought he did well tracking back an extremily decent right sided pairing. would like to see more of him going forwards, but when our spine just knock it into the corner flags time and again, that isnt going to happen
RE Parker, I always try to see the positives. And yes, I would certainly not fault George for his work-rate or some of the stuff on the ball, particularly a couple of instances down the line.  But as I said "with the others" wasn't able to get us a good handle on the game, and wasn't able really to exert influence. Tough to do against strength, pace and the effort Brentford put into the game,but that's what we will have to do to do well in this league.

fulhamben

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 21, 2014, 11:53:36 PM
Parker and LVC should be midfield starters.....but with a holding mid behind them. allowing them to be the box to box players they are.
as for Ruiz..........2 years ive been saying he is useless in the english game. and no David on the bench, bizarre.
lol, parker has never been a box to box player. let alone it his age now
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JDH101

Parker is a liability.
Ruiz in non existant.
Williams did well enough.
Why oh why are we not giving Patrick Roberts a game?
We are so reliant on Ross McCormack who is rapidly becoming one of my all time favorite Fulham players.
Our defending at times is beyond shocking.
Kit is not the man to take this club beyond mid table security. I'm not changing my tune, I've always thought this.

simplyfulham

Broadly agree with you. We lost the game in midfield today.

Not enough pressure on the ball in the middle when we were defending and didn't work anywhere near hard enough to find space to retain possession. Which is partly why you can't blame te defence for hoofing it so much.

Disagree about LVC.

Worked extremely hard to retain the ball and get up and down the field. Was always available for layoffs and one twos and pressed as much as he could. Looked years ahead of himself today at times. Can't do it all on his Larry though can he?