watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today is a special day

Started by Nightwind15, November 14, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

As an American fan I am grateful for this club for the support they have shown to some of our national team players over the years.  I watched the Prem prior to following McBride to Fulham but it was the club that bonded me to the league and more importantly to the club itself.  This year has been a strain keeping up with the action but I confident in due time we will climb out of the lower level and get back into the fray of the top division.  I hope Fulham will continue its support of the our national team players and in turn they learn what true club loyalty is by giving their all to Fulham.  Good luck to the USA and make the Cottage your home field today. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

cmg

As an English fan I would like to thank you for your kind words. But I think, really, we should be grateful to the USA for the players that have  served us so well. They weren't all outstandingly successful, but most were and some have rightly earned iconic status. All showed admirable standards of commitment, enthusiasm and sportsmanship.
The tradition continues with Hyndeman and Luca De La Torre (who, with a name like that should really be a baseball pitcher or a Mafia hit man but will, hopefully, become a full international like all (I think) his countrymen who have played for us).

Scrumpy

Quote from: cmg on November 14, 2014, 06:11:42 PM
As an English fan I would like to thank you for your kind words. But I think, really, we should be grateful to the USA for the players that have  served us so well. They weren't all outstandingly successful, but most were and some have rightly earned iconic status. All showed admirable standards of commitment, enthusiasm and sportsmanship.
The tradition continues with Hyndeman and Luca De La Torre (who, with a name like that should really be a baseball pitcher or a Mafia hit man but will, hopefully, become a full international like all (I think) his countrymen who have played for us).

Nicely put CMG. I hate to generalise, but you know what you're going to get with the yanks. Honest, hard-working, team players. Bocanegra, McBride, Dempsey - we've had some crackers. I hope the link continues and I hope that our American fans can get to see us back in The Premiership (and on TV) within a year or two.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Nightwind15

Just please do not sign Jose Altidore.....I could not endure the pain.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

love4ffc

For this yank I still say well done to Fulham for having Hyndman, Lucas in the U18 and the two twins In the U12 academy.  Well done for that. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

Wouldn't be fulham without an american in and around the squad of players.

jags24

One American I would fancy seeing in a full jersey is Michael Parkhurst.  Very intelligent player.

HatterDon

No more Americans at Craven Cottage. I'm still on eggshells with Hyndman.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

"Tor" means "goal" in German and possibly other languages so maybe he is in the right sport!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gerrys

Quote from: Holders on November 15, 2014, 08:10:13 AM

"Tor" means "goal" in German and possibly other languages so maybe he is in the right sport!
"De La Torre" is Italian for "of the tower"........could be interesting for a centre-forward......bit like Torres, I suppose...

BarryP

Quote from: gerrys on November 15, 2014, 01:12:03 PM
Quote from: Holders on November 15, 2014, 08:10:13 AM

"De La Torre" is Italian for "of the tower"........could be interesting for a centre-forward......bit like Torres, I suppose...

Since it seems he is an attacking midfielder perhaps we will have to petition for a name change.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HatterDon on November 15, 2014, 05:18:47 AM
Never fear HatterDon Emerson will become a key player for us in the near future. He has already shown he can play and have an impact at this level. Under Kit he is being played out of position and too deep but his reading the game and technique is premiership level. He is similar to LVC but has the abilty to create time and space on the ball  from now where, I believe the two when played together will form an impressive duo with all the big clubs chasing them. I have seen Luca only 3 times so far but have been impressed, similar level of technique to Emerson but more attacking, can take players on but doesn't put his head down so releases the ball when he needs to.

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on November 15, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Just get Texas to declare independence from the USA (I know, it didn't work out so well last time, but the US army is tied up in its world policeman role now, so this is a good time to strike) and you can watch most Yanks play for us with complete indifference to how successful they are.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.