Awesome crowd at the Cottage today!

Started by Nightwind15, November 14, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I played in the first match I ever saw!

love4ffc

Quote from: Nightwind15 on November 14, 2014, 08:40:52 PM
Hugely successful event it seems!

I heard the announcer say it was a record-setting crowd thanks to Craven cottage for hosting this. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Berserker

Yes it was great, really enjoyed myself. The whole stadium was full, mostly columbians, and we all stood the whole match.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nightwind15

I played in the first match I ever saw!

David Allen Crankshaw

Hopefully some of the spectators who haven't visited before may want to become regular supporters.

HatterDon

The biggest crowd the Cottage will see this season and the best footballing side the Cottage will see this season.

Colombia are awesome. They played the best football at the World Cup and haven't skipped a beat since.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Yes Columbia was very skillful and played bueatiful football. USA was very organised and disciplined though, defended well and goalie was excellant. Diffent types of football but both good

- Martin Luther King Jr.

love4ffc

Quote from: Berserker on November 15, 2014, 06:09:10 AM
Yes Columbia was very skillful and played bueatiful football. USA was very organised and disciplined though, defended well and goalie was excellant. Diffent types of football but both good
Berserker you are being kind.  We were lucky to get the pk.  While it was a good test for the US we were not up for the challenge. 

Very glad though that it was a success for the cottage. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Holders

Just watched the highlights. A stupid penalty to give away, and nearly saved, but what an equaliser!

Under the old offside rule it wouldn't have counted, though, and I can't but think that the offside player (who left it alone) must surely have distracted the defenders. I really preferred the rule as it was - everyone knew where they were with it.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

btings

Fun game, saw a few US supporters who hadn't seen the Cottage before say nice things about it on twitter.

Beamer

As a neutral watcher, how can anyone seriously believe that a player standing clearly offside but right next to the ball cannot be involved in or be influencing the play. At the very least he is a major distraction. It is the same when a player ducks or pulls his foot away to allow a shot to go past him in similar circumstances.
If that is what the rule was introduced to allow then it is a daft rule and should be changed. Perhaps 'clearly' not involved or influencing play would be better and allow the ref to make the call.
What would the position be if he had stood still and the goalie had parried the shot back to him. Would he be deemed to have been offside at the time of the incident or because he wasn't offside at the time of the shot and it came off the keeper last he is onside.
Just seems ridiculous to me.

Riverside

Wonderful atmosphere and an entertaining game.
Most fun I have had at the Cottage for some time

Berserker

The American guys in the next row down swopped around so that the shortest of them was in front of me. I thought that was so gentlemanly.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamphil

Quote from: Berserker on November 14, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
Yes it was great, really enjoyed myself. The whole stadium was full, mostly columbians, and we all stood the whole match.
Note to administrators, this is how you create atmosphere at football grounds and make for a compelling matchday experience. Grounds need to offer seating of course for those who prefer it. But defined standing areas, as offered in Germany, are what football folk want. Why do we put up with so much bull from the UK's nanny state 'we know best' mentality? The constant up and down in recent weeks from H block cretins demanding, "Stand up for the Kit Symons" drives me crackers. Seat people where they can enjoy the game undisturbed and let the rest stand and enjoy football in the old traditional way. It's not rocket science.

filham

Quote from: fulhamphil on November 15, 2014, 11:59:26 AM
Note to administrators, this is how you create atmosphere at football grounds and make for a compelling matchday experience. Grounds need to offer seating of course for those who prefer it. But defined standing areas, as offered in Germany, are what football folk want. Why do we put up with so much bull from the UK's nanny state 'we know best' mentality? The constant up and down in recent weeks from H block cretins demanding, "Stand up for the Kit Symons" drives me crackers. Seat people where they can enjoy the game undisturbed and let the rest stand and enjoy football in the old traditional way. It's not rocket science.
You will find it hard to find any true football fans who will disagree with this.

domprague

I love seeing internationals at the Cottage. I was keen to go last night but family commitments ruled me out. Glad those who did had a great time.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Whitesideup

Quote from: fulhamphil on November 15, 2014, 11:59:26 AM
Good point, well made.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Holders on November 15, 2014, 08:05:27 AM
Just watched the highlights. A stupid penalty to give away, and nearly saved, but what an equaliser!

Under the old offside rule it wouldn't have counted, though, and I can't but think that the offside player (who left it alone) must surely have distracted the defenders. I really preferred the rule as it was - everyone knew where they were with it.

The offside player actually takes a few steps towards the ball. It is clearly offside and the new rule has actually spoilt the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

What's the new rule

- Martin Luther King Jr.