more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Awesome crowd at the Cottage today!

Started by Nightwind15, November 14, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Quote from: domprague on November 15, 2014, 01:27:21 PM
I love seeing internationals at the Cottage. I was keen to go last night but family commitments ruled me out. Glad those who did had a great time.

Last night topped the visit from Brazil a few years back with both teams so committed it didn't feel like a friendly.  

The touts must've cleaned up as there were no official tickets on sale on the day.

Ronnief

I was in the Hammy End surrounded by the noisiest crowd I think I've ever heard at the Cottage.  It was a sea of yellow, there must have been all the Uk's entire contingent of Columbians there.  I had to stand as I think every one of the crowd was standing throughout the match.
So mutch for health and safety.
The football was full blooded, I'm sure there would have been a couple of sendings off if it were a league game. 
If only England would play their matches with such commitment as both the US and Colombian teams.
People said before that Altidore was a donkey but I thought he played well and would make a good front man for Fulham. As for the Colombians there were a few who could fit in.
Does anyone know what the official attendance was?

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on November 15, 2014, 02:28:06 PM
What's the new rule

That a player has to be "interfering with play" rather than simply just in an offside position. I really can't see how the Colombian couldn't have been "interfering" anyway, excellent though the goal actually was.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on November 15, 2014, 10:43:59 AM
The American guys in the next row down swopped around so that the shortest of them was in front of me. I thought that was so gentlemanly.

That would have been a small child surely ??????????????????

HatterDon

The American guys in the next row down swopped around so that the shortest of them was in front of me. I thought that was so gentlemanly.

They were obviously from the Peoples Republic of South Texas
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Quote from: Beamer on November 15, 2014, 09:09:57 AM
As a neutral watcher, how can anyone seriously believe that a player standing clearly offside but right next to the ball cannot be involved in or be influencing the play. At the very least he is a major distraction. It is the same when a player ducks or pulls his foot away to allow a shot to go past him in similar circumstances.
If that is what the rule was introduced to allow then it is a daft rule and should be changed. Perhaps 'clearly' not involved or influencing play would be better and allow the ref to make the call.
What would the position be if he had stood still and the goalie had parried the shot back to him. Would he be deemed to have been offside at the time of the incident or because he wasn't offside at the time of the shot and it came off the keeper last he is onside.
Just seems ridiculous to me.

To me Guzan moved to his right to cover the offside player so he did effect the run of play. Clearly off sides. The second goal, however, was a beautiful example of two quick players reacting to the ball. Columbia is a class side.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 15, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

The stands are stepped down by about 6 inch's each row, so if the American was 5 foot 7 inch tall I would just be able to  see over his head, taking into account my eyes are 3 inches down my forehead and not stuck on top like a frog
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on November 15, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

The stands are stepped down by about 6 inch's each row, so if the American was 5 foot 7 inch tall I would just be able to  see over his head, taking into account my eyes are 3 inches down my forehead and not stuck on top like a frog

So, sort of like your avatar?   LOL

ScalleysDad

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 15, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 15, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

So, sort of like your avatar?   LOL

Blimey. Have you ever had a flaming arrow catch you right between the shoulder blades. Brace yourself.  049:gif
Hey Mrs B do you mean the amphibian or the French?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

YankeeJim

Forever Fulham

Been setting up the house and caring for a brand new puppy (mini Golden Doodle -- half mini-Golden Retriever and half mini-poodle), so I've missed all games today.  Heard the U.S. lost but that a number of key players were absent from the squad.  MLS playoffs, I guess.  I had this circled on my calendar.  Damn!