watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

wembley pitch

Started by 18stepsup, November 15, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

How refreshing to know that most things in Britain now seem to be organised with that most noble of sentiments - greed - well to the fore.

"Never mind the quality, feel the profit".

Fulham1959

Quote from: grandad on November 15, 2014, 05:58:13 PM
No way I am going to waste my time watching the 2nd half with that lot of over paid 2nd rate players who dare to wear the 3 lions badge.

Your loss.  These sort of games are often tight in the first half and then open up.  I thought the players all worked hard and deserved the result.

Roy is da man !

FPT

The FA threw away the right to have this as solely a football ground when they spent £800m. That has to get paid off, and the only way it gets paid off is to fill it up - hence why the NFL comes over, hence why gigs are played. It is poor timing to have England play around a week after the American Football game, but again, if there wasn't such a need to pay off the substantial cost, then the FA could hold a lot more negotiation strength.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on November 15, 2014, 09:21:52 PM
The FA threw away the right to have this as solely a football ground when they spent £800m. That has to get paid off, and the only way it gets paid off is to fill it up - hence why the NFL comes over, hence why gigs are played. It is poor timing to have England play around a week after the American Football game, but again, if there wasn't such a need to pay off the substantial cost, then the FA could hold a lot more negotiation strength.
does anyone actually know how much the fa made from hosting the nfl games?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

FPT hits the nail on the head. The finances of building the thing were always going to dictate that income would outweigh any other consideration.

In any case Wembley has always prostituted itself. Why did the France v Uruguay match in England's group in the '66 WC happen at White City? Because dog racing at Wembley took precedence over any mere World Cup match.
The pitch, once the envy of the World, was killed off by holding a horse extravaganza on it. Rugby? Boxing? Pop concerts? Open cast coal working? You pay:you can have it - screw the football.

Twig

Twig

Quote from: 18stepsup on November 15, 2014, 06:07:25 PM
like i said joke that they have too play on a crap pitch and i have played and the pitch matters but not to wembley

Neither does this