https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham ' s top 10 greatest goals?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, November 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham99

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM
In light of the incredible achievement for a club like Fulham to have a goal nominated for fifa goal of the year. It got me thinking, if the club ever released another dvd like they did about 15 years ago and asked us fans to vote for Fulham ' s greatest goals, what would be your pick in order?

Obviously this is Fulham ' s greatest as a club and not personal goals that didn't necessarily mean a great deal to anyone else. We will probably pick similar lists but it will be interesting to see how we all rank them.

Here's mine

1)Kasami- I've never seen a goal like it, unique! The best goal I've ever seen
2)Davies vs Hamburg- the importance,  the occasion and the technique. A special moment at the height of our clubs greatest hour.
3)Mitchell in semi final- last second of the game, heading for yet another replay and up pops Mitchell to take us to Wembley. I wish I was there but before my time, again the importance is why it's ranked so high.
4)Murphy vs Pompey- Without this goal the future may have been very different and we certainly wouldn't have had the Europa journey. This goal gave me the best feeling and it was probably our most important goal ever.
5) Sean Davis vs Blackburn- TAKE THAT SOUNESS!!!! Down to 10 men against the side who believed they were better than us. 1-0 down back come the whites with an injury time winner. It didn't mean promotion but it represented so much more than promotion at the time.
6) Mullery volley- I wasn't born yet but from videos It's a brilliant goal
7)Dempsey vs Juventus- regarded as most fans favourite ever game and topped off with a goal worthy of winning any game let alone 4-1 against the giants of Italy.
8)Rod McAree- not the most stunning goal but the significance of it is why we still sing about it today. We should never forget where we've come from.
9)Brown vs Lincoln- again I wasn't born but it gave us promotion at the cottage, not many goals can vouch to have done that.
10)Peschisolido vs Liverpool- for a league one side (old div 2) to go to Anfield and score a goal as brilliant as that was almost as disbelieving as beating Juventus at the time.

There were a few that missed out but I genuinely didn't think the list was big enough for them. Diop 's amazing bullet against UTD was one of my favourite ever goals. Probably only bettered by kasami's and Murphy ' s header But I put personal favourites aside and picked the club's greatest.

No room for houghton or harley either.

Anyway what would you pick if asked?

That Peschisolido v Liverpool goal was the day I decided to support Fulham. I was watching on Sky and had supported Forest before that. I wanted to start watching a local team and that goal sealed it. Didn't he do a carbon copy against Hartlepool a week later in the league?
what a day that was nearly broke my pals nose with an elbow when that went in !!!!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2014, 10:06:41 AM
Has no one mentioned Ray Houghton's at Newcastle? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-clhFzQ8mh0

I mentioned it in the OP, I think it just misses out on the club's top 10 greatest goals. Great goal though
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging