watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beattie

Started by fulhamguy, February 01, 2010, 12:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamguy

Sky Sports New just stating they understand we are back in for Mr Beattie.

More news to follow as they get it apparently.
COYW!

fulhamguy

Talking about it now. They understand we have made a firm offer but Sunderland are also interested.
COYW!

licker

What is this Fixation for ex Everton strikers, was'nt Andrew Johnson warning enough, if we move them on, they are obviously not good enough.  He's a championship striker , not good enough in the prem   23 goals in 2 seasons for Everton of which 4 were penalties.
Same again for Stoke, 9 Goals  of which 4 were again penalties.
He will run and chase all day long for the cause, but he is no improvement on Zamora in the goalscoring department.

2005–2007    Everton...............76    (13)
2007–2009    Sheffield Utd........62    (34)
2009– ......   Stoke City........... 34    (9)

os5889

Id take him over AJ any day of the week

LBNo11

Quote from: licker on February 01, 2010, 01:05:57 PM
What is this Fixation for ex Everton strikers, was'nt Andrew Johnson warning enough, if we move them on, they are obviously not good enough.

...Bill, fully agree with you, just like when you sold that kid to man ure, what was his name again, Ronney or something like that?

:P

PS: A couple of FOFfers wanted to know where you had been as for some strange reason they like you - and like a bad penny you turn up..! :-*
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

colossus

I think beattie will be a good player to come off the bench a knock in a few goals, perhaps like Nevland

BestOfBrede

hmmm....
All these ex Everton.....

Brian McBride anyone? ;)

os5889

also ex-Blackburn (like Duff) from Hodgsons time there

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5909524,00.html

Hodgson enters Beattie race
Fulham target attacking options to solve poor form

Last updated: 1st February 2010 

Sky Sports sources understand that Fulham have made a bid for Stoke City's out-of-favour striker James Beattie.

The 31-year-old has been linked with a move to Sunderland ahead of the Potters' trip to the Stadium of Light on Monday evening, while a return to Blackburn has also been rumoured to be a possibility.

But Fulham are thought to have entered the race on transfer deadline day as manager Roy Hodgson apparently targets attacking options as a solution to struggling form.

Fulham, who have lost their last five Premier League matches, completed the loan signing of Roma forward Stefano Okaka on Monday morning but they remain keen for additional firepower.

Andy Johnson has struggled with injury and Erik Nevland has failed to make a genuine impact, while Diomansy Kamara has joined Celtic to leave Bobby Zamora as the only experienced striker.

Beattie only joined Stoke last January and proved to be one of the signings of the 2008/09 winter transfer window as he helped Tony Pulis' side avoid relegation in their first season in the Premier League.

But the ex-Blackburn, Southampton and Everton man suffered a much-publicised bust-up with Pulis at Arsenal in December following a disagreement over their club's Christmas party and has struggled to regain the faith of his manager.

Hodgson knows Beattie after their time at Blackburn as manager and player, respectively, coincided.

Lighthouse

Having said I don't like him since the rumour started last month I now find myself hoping we buy him over Sunderland. We lack pace but it would be nice to bully a few defences for a change.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 01, 2010, 01:34:34 PM
hmmm....

Brian McBride anyone? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. And if Anyone can get Beattie pllaying his best it's Roy. With Okaka in now, I don't know if he'll be coming though...

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Rock on February 01, 2010, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 01, 2010, 01:34:34 PM
hmmm....

Brian McBride anyone? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. And if Anyone can get Beattie pllaying his best it's Roy. With Okaka in now, I don't know if he'll be coming though...

But Okaka just replaces Kamara who has gone out on loan. We still need numbers who are not injured.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

clintclintdeuce

Buy Buy Buy! or Loan Loan Loan!

Get him in here.
The Dude abides.