more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When I told my (Villa) supporter friend

Started by The Swan, November 21, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 23, 2014, 01:56:56 AM

Sorry I don't agree with many of the statements you make about the players in our supposed 'best squads in the league'. You seem to imply it is all down to the managers. Still we all look on football with a different eye.MY PREDICTIONS have been closer for this squad than they would have been had I thought it was a good one. All I can say is we need great improvement to think about top six.

My predictions have been outstanding lately...... 17 points on Super 6 today Beamer !!

BTW.... I also think we need to invest in more class before this squad is competitive
[/quote]

Very impressed although I hate show offs. I say this as somebody whose predictions on most things are pretty poor and so have limited chances to show off. But 17 points very impressive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

spoonffc

Sorry I don't agree with many of the statements you make about the players in our supposed 'best squads in the league'. You seem to imply it is all down to the managers. Still we all look on football with a different eye. So far my predictions have been closer for this squad than they would have been had I thought it was a good one. All I can say is we need great improvement to think about top six.

I delivered mostly fact with the statements I made, bar the future Internationals comment. I'll stick by that one though as I think they will be. If you wish to dissect my comment and challenge any statement I made then I'm happy to be corrected. You'll be hard pushed to find a squad in the Championship with as many Internationals as we possess, that again is a fact.

But hey, maybe I think more of these players than you do. Or maybe you're cynical,

RaySmith

Quote from: stokesy on November 22, 2014, 09:51:53 PM
we have that good a team eveyone is after our players not,we are a mediocre side,not complaining but just realistic

We have a number  very talented young players in our first team squad who have come through our youth system-with a lot of potential - and many  clubs  are interested in them.

We also have one of the best forwards in the league in McCormack, who is building a fertile relationship with Hugo, and other quality players who are still adapting to English football and each other.

WE also have a talented young manager.

The future is bright.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Swan on November 21, 2014, 10:06:56 PM
When I told him that we had appointed Kit as our permanent manager he said that Fulham were doing it on the cheap. He said that we should have appointed Tony Pulis as our manager. When I did not agree with him he said that Pulis had a good track record in management.
When I said that all Fulham supporters were against him due to his long ball style of play.
Well we got the man we wanted and what style of football are we playing, yes the long ball.
I think Kit is our of his depth as our first team manager.

What makes you think that Prem manager Pulis would come to Fulham?

I thought it was mainly to do with what happened at Gillingham that our fans didn't want him.

I think that Kit was appointed as the best of the available candidates who demonstrated his suitability for the job while he was in charge as caretaker-not given the job for for financial reasons. I'm sure Khan realises it would be short sighted not to appoint the best available person for the job, just to save money.

The long pass is a valid tactic in football. Most teams play a mixture of long and short passes.

Any decent manager will adapt his style of play to suit the players available to him.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: The Swan on November 21, 2014, 10:06:56 PM
When I told him that we had appointed Kit as our permanent manager he said that Fulham were doing it on the cheap. He said that we should have appointed Tony Pulis as our manager. When I did not agree with him he said that Pulis had a good track record in management. When I said that all Fulham supporters were against him due to his long ball style of play.

A Villa Fan ???? Maybe they should have Pulis,  it looks like they have a greater need than we do.
also,  Pulis believe he is/wants to be a Premiership manager and his long ball is the least of the creeps traits.

As a Villa fan he would not have known the Khan has spent a fortune on hiring and firing Butch, Rene,  Felix and all the background people.  Then there was the Compo not to mention CostaPacket !!!!!   and the five - man who made the decision of Kit, they would have commanded a consultation fee (I cannot see N Quinn doing it without financial gain.  
When you next meet the Villain (!!) tell him they have a greater need for Pulis than Fulham.

In my opinion Kit is the best thing that has happened to Fulham since Sparky left
Flamin Scallions and  Up The Fulham !!!!

jags24

Felix Magath and Kit Symons have both managed the same amount of matches in the league this year.

Magath: 0 Wins, 1 Draw, 7 Losses
Symons: 5 Wins, 1 Draw, 2 Losses

Where is the incompetence?  I don't see it.  There are no managers out there who can wave a magic wand and win every match.  The manager only has a limited amount of control - yes, he chooses the team and formation, but then, whatever happens, happens.

For whatever reason, Symons has been able to get results where Magath didn't.  That doesn't mean it will continue, but the squad is talented, yet badly flawed.  As another commenter posted, the defense is shaky and in particular, the midfield doesn't have enough fortitude.

Any manager is going to make his share of mistakes (like playing Ruiz on the wing last match, where he is generally ineffective), but hindsight is always 20/20.  People forget that the other teams have managers and want to win the matches, too.  We lost to a good squad last match.

I don't see how you can demand better from Kit right now.  He can't win every match, fellas.  And we can't incessantly change managers.  The club needs stability.  Give Kit time and see how it goes.  No one knows if he is the long term answer, but it should work for this year.  It least he is not a madman.

jarv

It is what it is. Symons is in charge and that will not change, nor should we want it to. The defense is dreadful and that should change in January. Agree with some others, some quality needed, mostly at the back I think and one decent very fast wide player.

gerrys

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 22, 2014, 04:04:00 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on November 22, 2014, 03:39:24 AM
So Khan appoints a panel of experts to select the best manager. They select Kit.

Do you really think that

a) Khan told them that it was a primary requirement that the recommended manager is happy with a low(by football standards) salary

and / or

b) the likes of Murphy and McBride would ignore the best candidate because a lesser one was cheaper.

I don't think Khan can win with some of you lot. He puts in place a transparent process, taking on board the best available advice, and some of you still think he's doing something underhand.
+1
+2

epsomraver

One bad game and all the toys come out of the pram for some, we had bad games under the Gods that were Roy and Tigana, it happens, I sit all over the place at games and most of the time someone near by is getting on a players case, even after a short time and one misplaced pass, is this unique to Fulham?Never supported any other team but have gone to conference matches at Bognor and Sutton and never heard the locals getting on the backs of their players as Fulham "fans" do, don't get it at U18 or U 21 games at MP either.

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on November 23, 2014, 01:32:20 PM
One bad game and all the toys come out of the pram for some, we had bad games under the Gods that were Roy and Tigana, it happens, I sit all over the place at games and most of the time someone near by is getting on a players case, even after a short time and one misplaced pass, is this unique to Fulham?Never supported any other team but have gone to conference matches at Bognor and Sutton and never heard the locals getting on the backs of their players as Fulham "fans" do, don't get it at U18 or U 21 games at MP either.
it was funny after watching the u18 team for a couple of years watching the final with fans who had clearly never watched them before. A lot of them were over critical and expecting too much from them. 
I don't think it's a Fulham thing,  but it's a 'premier'  thing. Fans see these players at the top of the game and expecting them to perform week in week out at that level.
Even now people still expect a team cobbled together with European frees,  youngsters with less than a dozen games behind them and a couple of journeymen to be top of the league.