watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Williams and the squad

Started by F.luke, November 22, 2014, 06:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.luke

I know he's young and probably a good prospect, but can someone tell me what Williams contributes each game. He needs more time on the bench or on loan before he starts for me. Everyone says our squad is big, it's not big its full of Young prospects but it's just weak. Look at our bench, nothing thrills you so I can see why Kit doesn't know how to change it. For me only Ross mac, Parker (not last night) and the goalie sure starters.

Sgt Fulham

He has pace, can beat his man and often looks very dangerous for portions of the game. He is not the finished product yet, but well worth his place in the team in my opinion.

Tonywa

I think he's a terrific prospect, but can hardly recall him beating his man and putting in a cross since he became a regular in the side.

David Allen Crankshaw

I can never understand why he has to play on the left wing when he is naturally right-footed. He will be limited in his ability to send in crosses.

F.luke

No I can't recall him beating his man, nor a decent cross   Nothing against the lad but not a starter yet for me

J.Perkins

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 22, 2014, 06:35:58 PM
He has pace, can beat his man and often looks very dangerous for portions of the game. He is not the finished product yet, but well worth his place in the team in my opinion.

This guy knows it

Quote from: F.luke on November 22, 2014, 07:33:42 PM
No I can't recall him beating his man, nor a decent cross   Nothing against the lad but not a starter yet for me

Think you're being harsh

Pluto

I don't think he's ready yet but a good prospect. I'd rather see David start there and keep George on the bench to come on if we need some energy late on.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Williams is a very tidy little player, he has done very well since being in the team imo. Beautiful touch, electric pace and a very clever player for someone of such a young age.

He has created a couple of goals and won us a couple of penaltys I believe.

He will get better each week, but a rest will not do him any harm either. The problem is our squad is so thin bare that we have nobody to replace him with.

MJG

Quote from: F.luke on November 22, 2014, 07:33:42 PM
No I can't recall him beating his man, nor a decent cross  
go back and watch his games again and come back and apologise for being incorrect

res

He adds a lot...pace, creativity, running. Needs to compose himself in front of goal as he's missed a few presentable chances but he has created goals for others and won a couple of penalties. Tracks back OK but can physically get caught out.
Should he start every time? Different question, the problem is that playing Williams/Ruiz/Christensen along with Parker in midfield can lead us to being outmuscled...Friday night for example. But then who else can add that muscle to midfield ? (Hoogland is injured/Fotheringham is Fotheringham/David is lightweight)
Irrespective of all this, he's a great talent and has a great future

Artful Dodger

He was very poor on Friday night but not alone in that. I think in away games in particular, we need a stronger midfield - which means one of Ruiz or Williams (or both) making way as we just can't win the ball back. He was an outlet at times but his end product was appalling on Friday - running off the pitch with the ball, some very poor passes and no crosses that I can recall.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Zu-Meister

kdjr100

For those saying that he didn't do anything I urge you to watch the game again. He was really a running outlet for our midfield all game. There were a few times in particular where he took both their rb and a cm out of the game. One time pulling the ball back in the box with a lovely Cruyff making the defender look like a fool.

In terms of the extra muscle in midfield I think we just need to be more patient. We could bring tunnicliffe back (wouldn't be the worst thing ever) but if anyone remember towards the end of magaths reign... E.g. the Forest game where we packed the midfield with strong defensive players and still l conceded 5. The fact is that our squad is not ready yet to fight for promotion and we don't deserve to be. But we have a great spine and some really exciting kids who could push us to the next level. In one or two years we could easily be one of the best championship sides since last time we were promotes. It is just going to take understanding, patience and support.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"