more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Year to date report

Started by Max Headroom, November 24, 2014, 04:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

So three mons in and where are we....

Manager. We have stability which is great, but I would like Kit to be. A little more aggressive with his substitutions. Great that he is picking a consistent team even if I disagree with a couple of his personnel choices. It will be interesting to see the comings and goings in January. I would like tunnicliffe kacaniklic and Mitroglou recalled as I think it's nuts to loan out such players when we need them.

Keeper. Betts has been a star performer. Am concerned about the back up but if betts stays fit all is fine.

Defence. Not been good at all even since kit has been in. My personal opinion is that burn while being a good leader is a bit too slow. Bodurov who was a star performer has been a bit sloppy of late. I'd like to see amorebietta back at left back as he has been excellent and hoogland at right back. I would like a new central defender in January. Grimmer has been recalled. He seems to have done well at Shrewsbury. In my view a better bet than Zverotic who can go walkabout and adds little going forward.

Midfield. Parker has been good with an experienced head. LVC has come on leaps and bounds. Wasn't great v Brentford but a massive bonus for us this season. I'd like more depth at central midfield. It's the attacking mood fielders who I have been disappointed with. We have seen glimpses of the good Ruiz but not enough, and I have to say I have been disappointed in him. Williams has been sporadic, but is young so needs time to develop. I would however like to see kaca back in January if that's possible. I would like to see more of Roberts but Kit must be of the view he isn't quite ready yet. Ditto Hyndman. We need a midfield enforcer.

Attack. McCormack is in my opinion worth the £30 million we paid for him. Rodellega is doing ok, but I do feel he runs round and achieves less than I would like. I want to see Woodrow and Dembele used more. We are scoring goals though

Problem areas? Defence and having a midfield that can hold possession. Our midfield is all a bit lightweight so some beefing up would be good. Ruiz is a problem for me still. I don't think he is cut out for English football and I hope he leaves in ianuary. I would wish him well. He is much better physically and defensively than when he joined, but he takes too long on the ball, is very left footed, slows play down always, and while stats say he is a good passer when he gives it away it is usually in a defensive position causing us problems.

Too much youth and not enough experience? Possibly. I just want to make sure we hold into our good youngsters long enough to get back in the premier league. Roberts Williams Hyndman LVC Dembele could be on their way unless managed carefully. I'd like Roberts to come on earlier than he does.

Players struggling? Eisfeld isn't cutting it yet although Kit obviously likes him, Roberts voser, fotheringham chici, Hutchison, David all seem to be out of favour and could be shipped on. David must be down to lack of application which is a shame as he is supremely talented, Roberts is unlucky as he seems to score in friendliest and would add useful muscle. It will be interesting to see what happens with Taggart as he seems to be doing a mitroglou although is still young. And where is Cole?  

Overall. Aside from the first 8 games, I would say we have been average. I do think we will be stronger in the second half of the season as the youngsters get more experience and when kit gets his players into the squad and ships out the ones he doesn't want..... Will we get into the play offs? Probably not, but you know what, I quite like the championship :)

See, a whole post without mentioning Magath :)

ChesterTheTabby

Good post, Max! Nice to read your opinions, and I agree - I'd take Mitroglou, Kaca, and Tunnicliffe back as well.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

Good evaluation. Pretty much agree with everything said here apart from the Rodallega criticism. I think he is scoring enough to be worth his place but his easy misses can be a bit frustrating.

Woolly Mammoth

A good post, sums it up really.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

Whitesideup

Interesting post. How many minutes has Eisfeld played? Personally I have seen enough to encourage and not enough to say he is underperforming.

AUSFFC

Good post, I agree with most of it

and yes to re-calling Mitroglou, Kaca, and Tunnicliffe! I know a lot of people wont agree with mitro back but I think him and McCormack would make for a great partnership
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

Deanothefulhamfan

Yeah I pretty much agree with most of your comments.

We are very weak at Fullback, and our midfield cannot keep the ball. Parker and LVC are very poor on the ball although they do both bring other qualities which I like. Hyndman is fantastic on the ball but a little bit too raw perhaps ( he was our best player for the majority of Magaths reign ) so maybe deserves another shot.

Up front I would like Woodrow over Ruiz as our playmaker. Woodrow can spot a ball better than most, and has the work ethic which Ruiz does not.

I personally can't wait for January, and would be really impressed if Kit brought a few of the players we have out on loan back to the club.