Main Menu

Our record

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, November 25, 2014, 05:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: love4ffc on November 25, 2014, 07:47:46 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 25, 2014, 07:41:15 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on November 25, 2014, 07:38:06 AM
We are not scoring goals for fun, sorry.  Rod has missed too many chances for me.  Has he done ok?  Yes.  Could he do a lot better?  Heck ya. 

You say this post is tongue and cheek.  I say the front man is actually not good enough and I truly believe we could be doing better.  A lot better.   
We could do better at EVERY position, but we are where we are and Hugo is fine as a championship striker and is currently joint 10th in the goalscoring charts. Given he has not played in a third of our games, that's not bad.

MJG, so we are not going to bad place please don't think this is a dig at you.

Our current problem is that we are not good enough is several positions.  Is this Kit faults?  Absolutely not.  Is Rod good enough for the Championship?  Absolutely.  If you want to be a mid to bottom level team. 

I'm sorry, and again I know I will receive stick for this, but Rod is not the answer for Kit's front man.  Not if we want to get promoted. 

Again, I love the goals that Rod has scored but they are not enough. Not for the chances he has had. 
Interesting how differently people rate players. First of all, all strikers miss from time to time, and you have to get in position to get them. I have seen Aquerro miss a couple of straight forward chances as well. Maybe City fans are saying "doing ok but should have scored more".  Maybe Rodders is not the most clinical, but he is definitely good enough for a team chasing promotion in the Championship. Together he and McCormack are doing very well, especially if you consider the weakness of our midfield. Our tactic of pinning the opposition down in our last third of the pitch does not exactly help the forwards. And then often service consists of the ball dropping from the stratosphere and even if we had the equivalent of Peter Crouch, headers won would be pretty meaningless anyway. When we have the ball in attack, we look purposeful and generally make good choices, and considering the amount of play we have had, we have scored a very good number of goals. It is unlikely we are going to attract a better striker and basically funds are needed to strengthen our areas first.

Oh and Rodders works his socks off, and plays with pride. Remember Villa away?