watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Passley

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 30, 2014, 12:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Football League paper made him star man for Shrewsbury...
Its says Passley impressed with his pace and deliveries, 8 out of 10 rating.
Must be the air down in Shrewsbury good for our boys..

Deanothefulhamfan

He really impressed me when he got his chance last season for our first team......

Really surprised he never got a chance under Kit who saw him week in / week out last season.

Good luck to him

Slaphead in Qatar

did well when given chance last season. I am sure kit could fit him in somewhere.

Craven Mad

Completely unsurprised he's doing well. He's looked excellent every time I've seen him.

My only surprise was that he didn't get time for us this year.

SG

Shrewsbury forums really positive about his debut. Given he'd been there only 48 hours that is quite remarkable.

MasterHaynes

Passeley was core to our U18 title winning team playing as Centre half where Kit had moved him from right back. He is strong and reads the game really well  carrying the ball out with his pace. I would like to see him have a game alongside Burn as I believe they would compleent each other. Have always thought he would be one of the 8-9 players from that team that would make it, hope its with us.

cmg

Centre-half? Now that surprises me. I've seen him play quite a few times, but must have missed out on the centre-half move.

I've usually seen him at RB (usually paired with Richards and before that, Kavanagh). I saw him once at Right Mid and once at Right Wing and he was pretty good in either position.

We always seemed to have plenty of young CBs - Grimmer, Arthurworrey, Burgess and, possibly best of all, Donnelly (another long term injury, I think).

Like you, I was always impressed by Passley - lots of speed and skill - but couldn't really work out what his best position might be.

PaulJ123

Agree with the above, never saw him as a centre half but have been very impressed with him at RB

HatterDon

I still think Kit rates him highly. We're not exactly short of RBs, so he wants him where he can get some minutes on the pitch.  I don't think it's the air in Shrewsbury nearly so much as someone in their management setup that Kit trusts.

Uh, "down in Shrewsbury?" Last time I visited there, it was located NW of London.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: cmg on November 30, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
Centre-half? Now that surprises me. I've seen him play quite a few times, but must have missed out on the centre-half move.

I've usually seen him at RB (usually paired with Richards and before that, Kavanagh). I saw him once at Right Mid and once at Right Wing and he was pretty good in either position.

We always seemed to have plenty of young CBs - Grimmer, Arthurworrey, Burgess and, possibly best of all, Donnelly (another long term injury, I think).

Like you, I was always impressed by Passley - lots of speed and skill - but couldn't really work out what his best position might be.
When Arthurworrey got injured for the 2nd time around xmas Josh was moved into the centre, the last 8-9 games including the qtr and semis(seem to remember he may have been suspended for the final but may be my ageing memory). i was sitting next to his dad in the qtr final against Blackburn(?) and we both thought he was a natural there. Looked like a young Rio there very assured.

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on November 30, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

When Arthurworrey got injured for the 2nd time around xmas Josh was moved into the centre, the last 8-9 games including the qtr and semis(seem to remember he may have been suspended for the final but may be my ageing memory). i was sitting next to his dad in the qtr final against Blackburn(?) and we both thought he was a natural there. Looked like a young Rio there very assured.

Ah yes, thanks. That's kicked my memory back into place. That was the 'first' final (the one that Connor Roberts made a, to me, mysterious appearance in goal.) Josh was suspended for that one.
I guess he returned to the rb slot because of our emerging strength at cb.

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on November 30, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

Uh, "down in Shrewsbury?" Last time I visited there, it was located NW of London.

On the railways, at least, everywhere is down from London. The Paddington-Penzance is a Down train, but so also is the Euston - Glasgow. The train that leaves Aberdeen for King's Cross is an Up train.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on November 30, 2014, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 30, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

On the railways, at least, everywhere is down from London. The Paddington-Penzance is a Down train, but so also is the Euston - Glasgow. The train that leaves Aberdeen for King's Cross is an Up train.

I did not know that. Thanks!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: cmg on November 30, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on November 30, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

Ah yes, thanks. That's kicked my memory back into place. That was the 'first' final (the one that Connor Roberts made a, to me, mysterious appearance in goal.) Josh was suspended for that one.
I guess he returned to the rb slot because of our emerging strength at cb.
It would be great if he got an opportunity to play in the middle of defence at Shrewsbury, not wishing injury on their current centre pairing, maybe a suspension or two but watching Josh play as the covering player of the centre back two I believe he could be a sensational as LVC. For those that remember a youthful Tony gale playing for us then Josh looked similarly comfortable on the ball but a a real upgrade. Admittedly only at U18 level but had eaxh centre forward, all physically much bigger than him all wrapped up and ready for xmas in the games i saw him play.

Skatzoffc

Well done Josh.

Keep iy up and you'll soon be back with us.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !