watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans match reports

Started by alfie, November 30, 2014, 10:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Due to other issues yesterday it was 10 mins from the end before I could log on to the match day thread, and I find it very confusing, especially with regards to the way players have performed.
Lets take our favourite person to have a go at Mr Ruiz, we have some people saying he had a good game, I believe someone said he had an excellent game, and yet in the same thread there is someone saying he is rubbish and to get him off. We have a go at managers for playing the wrong player, or in the wrong position, yet we cannot seem to agree on what has happened on the pitch.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

He was very very good in the second half but made a lot of stupid mistakes in the first.  Pretty much the whole team were awful until half time so it weren't just him.

It sounds harsh but I don't think we got going properly until hyndman came off. He was playing well spreading the ball about but apart from spreading the ball out to LVC for the first goal it was quite ineffective. Fofana was more direct and dynamic. Hyndman is clearly more gifted but there seemed more purpose to Fofana ' s game driving forward. He looks clumsy but is certainly an impact player and a good addition based on what I saw.

Back 4 did well considering 3 of them were not first choice and bodurov was brilliant playing on the wrong side.  We saw what that did to Brede last year and he coped very well.

At times we were all over the place but then we were also very good. It was very weird and sometimes it didn't look like we had a formation. Brighton are awful and id tip them to go down with Blackpool. 

All in all we deserved it but we weren't brilliant
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Deanothefulhamfan

That is why I love coming on this site Alfie, to have a debate with other fans about how we see things....  The only time I have seen so much agreement on one subject was the praise Hyndman was getting in his first few games under FM. Nearly every other time, there will be some split in agreement over one thing or the other .

It actually happened one week when I was commenting on how well Ruiz played (Charlton) and still had others who disagreed . It is the way we all see things, some players might do something that will please some and bypass others completely.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Surprise Surprise, as I'm in the top 10 (at least) of "Taxi to Heathrow for Ruiz"  folk

Even I thought he was quite good yesterday.
I don't know what he had in his pre-match Tizer but he was charging
about, getting in some tackles he would normally shirk at and generally
more high profile.

Didn't see much on the creative side although he had an excellent charge
into the box in the first half and some good touches/passes.

Still not a long term solution though
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SouthWest6

Although Ruiz seems to play bad at times, and seems to lose the ball quite a bit, he does actually do a job for us that not many notice. When he does have the ball, Ruiz seems to bide us time off it, brining others into play. It not exciting, it's not flash, but watch the next game and observe this rather look for all the fancy stuff that other expect him to constantly do.

dannyboi-ffc

Credit where credits due. (I forgot to mention earlier). His work rate and tackling was a million times better and when he did lose it he tried really hard to make amends.  He is also a lot stronger than I thought he was, 4 or 5 times he won 50/50 shoulder to shoulder duels and a couple of players actually fell over because he out muscled them.

He does wind me up though, he could be so good for us if he put his mind to it. Potentially the leagues best player but for some reason he only turns up when it suits him.

I'm 50/50 on him but carry on like that and he will win me over. I can't stand it though when people on here over exaggerate how good he is, that more than anything makes me dislike him. 

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

the sun gave him star man and put him in team of the week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 30, 2014, 04:48:49 PM
Credit where credits due. (I forgot to mention earlier). His work rate and tackling was a million times better and when he did lose it he tried really hard to make amends.  He is also a lot stronger than I thought he was, 4 or 5 times he won 50/50 shoulder to shoulder duels and a couple of players actually fell over because he out muscled them.

He does wind me up though, he could be so good for us if he put his mind to it. Potentially the leagues best player but for some reason he only turns up when it suits him.

I'm 50/50 on him but carry on like that and he will win me over. I can't stand it though when people on here over exaggerate how good he is, that more than anything makes me dislike him. 
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i think ruiz recycling of the ball is second to none. but i know how you feel. although he does look better this year, i still dont get the parker love in. the odd goal seems to excuse the fact that his primary job is to protect the back four. 34 goals conceeded already suggests split condems offer more protection. its gonna be one of those, you dont know what you got till its gone situations with both players i feel.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on November 30, 2014, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 30, 2014, 04:48:49 PM

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i think ruiz recycling of the ball is second to none. but i know how you feel. although he does look better this year, i still dont get the parker love in. the odd goal seems to excuse the fact that his primary job is to protect the back four. 34 goals conceeded already suggests split condems offer more protection. its gonna be one of those, you dont know what you got till its gone situations with both players i feel.

We've had this debate several times so let's not get into it again. I love parker and think he's our best player, also quite a good captain. I think he's doing a million miles better than sidwell would be if we'd kept him instead.

At least we agree on ruiz, football would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

CottagersOnTour

He had some quality touches yesterday, as always, he even put in a few good tackles.

Still one of our best players IMO, he will be off over Christmas tho.