watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

well well well

Started by vbg cottager, December 05, 2014, 09:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbg cottager

one goal, aaahhh orlando sa (remember him???) and berbatov scored tonight, berba even two...
irony on a cold friday night..

the nutflush

Berba was a cancer on this club.  That's was where our problems started.  Build a side around a guy that couldn't be bothered.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: the nutflush on December 05, 2014, 10:18:40 PM
Berba was a cancer on this club.  That's was where our problems started.  Build a side around a guy that couldn't be bothered.
t

Agreed
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

In my opinion berbatov was fulhams worst ever signing because of the outcome. I can stomach bad decisions like fotheringham and Elrich but berbatov was just poison to fulham.The two words just don't go together
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

callumc513

I don't believe what I'm reading here.
It makes the whole Scott Parker love-in make much more sense when compared with the hate shown towards Berba if effort is the only relevant factor.

Honestly makes me worried for the state of football if fans can't appreciate a top quality player.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 05, 2014, 11:21:26 PM
In my opinion berbatov was fulhams worst ever signing because of the outcome. I can stomach bad decisions like fotheringham and Elrich but berbatov was just poison to fulham.The two words just don't go together

Agreed

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: callumc513 on December 06, 2014, 01:52:36 AM
It makes the whole Scott Parker love-in make much more sense when compared with the hate shown towards Berba if effort is the only relevant factor.

Honestly makes me worried for the state of football if fans can't appreciate a top quality player.

Let me reassure you that Football Supporters in general do appreciate and acknowledge and admire Top
quality players, but certainly not the Bone Idle ones, they are exempt, and this is the category, Billy Wizz, I mean Berbatov falls into.

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: callumc513 on December 06, 2014, 01:52:36 AM

I don't believe what I'M reading that a fulham fan thinks we automatically appreciate top quality players regardless of whether they respect our top quality club.

You need players like Berba if you're man utd trying to win things with 10 quality players behind him to make up for his lack of effort. BUT when you're Fulham with a realistic aim of staying up, all you need is a TEAM with characters. Hodgson proved that when he took us to hamburg, how many of those players were "better" than Berbatov?  None of them.

Fulham fans tend to appreciate quality individuals rather than quality players. It seems to fit into our establishment better, hence why Mcbride is probably Fulham's most loved player of the prem era.

If you are lucky enough to love Fulham as a player, are a quality individual and an unbelievable player you do get the recognition from the fans. One even has a statue for his efforts.

I can accept a player not being good enough but I can't accept a player who knows he's too good. And to be fair I genuinely don't think he was that good anyway, with the ball at his feet YES he was brilliant but overall he had far more weaknesses than a striker like saha did
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging