https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Since Kit took over

Started by Andy S, December 20, 2014, 11:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2014, 12:55:09 PM
Quote from: FPT on December 21, 2014, 12:49:22 PM
It is a good point, we do lose a lot of games to those at the top of the Division, however, my issue is, whenever we win, the team in 6th place seems to win too and we actually get no closer to that part of the table. We just need to continue playing well, and winning games, and see what happens.
I think it may be on twitter I said this but after 15 games we were 11 pts behind 6th place.
Now 7 games later we are 10 pts behind, 3 games ago we were 9 behind.

We have been playing well and getting results but hardly making any dent in the gap.

But the fact still remains that if we average 2 points a game from here on in, which is maintaining current form, we'll be in the mid 70s at seasons end and probably in the play offs.

I think we'll fall short but it is attainable.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 21, 2014, 01:17:29 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2014, 12:55:09 PM
Quote from: FPT on December 21, 2014, 12:49:22 PM
It is a good point, we do lose a lot of games to those at the top of the Division, however, my issue is, whenever we win, the team in 6th place seems to win too and we actually get no closer to that part of the table. We just need to continue playing well, and winning games, and see what happens.
I think it may be on twitter I said this but after 15 games we were 11 pts behind 6th place.
Now 7 games later we are 10 pts behind, 3 games ago we were 9 behind.

We have been playing well and getting results but hardly making any dent in the gap.

But the fact still remains that if we average 2 points a game from here on in, which is maintaining current form, we'll be in the mid 70s at seasons end and probably in the play offs.

I think we'll fall short but it is attainable.
Its is possible and I'll be more than happy if we do it.
It will mean that over next 24 games we will have to be the number one team on form.
look at Bournemouth averaging 1.91 over last 22 games. Thats what we need to do for the rest fo the season to get 73/74 pts.