more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's leave at half time because it's c***

Started by ron, December 06, 2014, 01:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Quote from: Southdowns White on December 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM
I travel 2  hours to get to the game and 2 hours back again last night was the first time I have left early in 35 years,  it didn't help me having a stinking cold but why should anyone sit through that complete shower of ............ that we witnessed last night. I have worked just about every day for the last 2 months not had a holiday this year, these players get paid a fortune and have a good life  so they could at least put a shift in once a week, our players were in holiday mode last night so decided to show them what I thought by leaving. 
You and I clearly have a similar journey being Sussex based. I left at half time at got home at 10.30 instead of the usual gone midnight for evening games. The first time in 50 years I have left early but it will not be the last if they continue to serve up that pile of s***.

SG

Quote from: SG on December 06, 2014, 08:16:10 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on December 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM
I travel 2  hours to get to the game and 2 hours back again last night was the first time I have left early in 35 years,  it didn't help me having a stinking cold but why should anyone sit through that complete shower of ............ that we witnessed last night. I have worked just about every day for the last 2 months not had a holiday this year, these players get paid a fortune and have a good life  so they could at least put a shift in once a week, our players were in holiday mode last night so decided to show them what I thought by leaving. 
You and I clearly have a similar journey being Sussex based. I left at half time at got home at 10.30 instead of the usual gone midnight for evening games. The first time in 50 years I have left early but it will not be the last if they continue to serve up that pile of s***.
And the whole thing was made worse by having a group of Watford fans in the hospitality suite behind me

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on December 06, 2014, 03:36:05 PM
Well I'm a crap fan I'm afraid. I get fraught and upset when we play as badly as we did yesterday. I don't really know why I keep going to football as I am totally rubbish at being positive and often over the last couple of years come away from matches feeling depressed. I admit it I am totally rubbish and a miserable supporter to boot.  Mind you I never boo or shout horrible things at our players like some do, and these shouty/booey people are probably more true supporters as they stay to the end.

You missed the munchies. I think we should have stayed in The Brickies in the warm !
We, The Enclave, stayed but lost interest with about 15 to go and had a long chat with the group behind us who rubbed salt into the wounds telling us they, Watford fans, wanted the manager out. The large groups of ever so slightly drunk Watford males in front left on the hour so are they going to be criticised? The fifth goal barely raised a whimper and as the players, I use that term lightly, sulked off we were weighing up Cardiff away. No booing but no applause or recognition either. We make our choices and if anybody see's any mileage in criticising the support last night they can join The Enclave next time round and discuss it. I'll settle for a huge discount or even a free ticket to the first cup game paid for by that bunch of tarts in grey, orange and off white shirts.

Anyway I have just got back albeit with a detour or two. I was thinking that 24 hours on I would write a short piece on the positives and offer a brief analysis on the attacking style we have adopted that puts so much pressure on the opposition. Here we go.

Onward to Victory.
So anyway. Uhm. The thing about eleven players is erh. Well the thing is .........

Bugger.

hovewhite

Ntural people react differently on a thoroughly abysmal perfotmance from the team last night,just a shame reaction from kit was worthy of our performance last night.

Shredhead

Quote from: alfie on December 06, 2014, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on December 06, 2014, 11:16:28 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2014, 05:15:03 AM
By contrast, I remember a few years back when we hosted Championship side Swansea City in one cup or the other and were cleaning their clock 4-1 [I believe]. The Swans supporters never stopped cheering and their "5-4, we're going to win 5-4" brought a huge smile to me.

You don't get that sort of support in London, I'm afraid -- never really have.
I made a few people around me chuckle last night when I shouted 'Come on Fulham, we can still win this' at 4-0 down. I'd resigned myself to defeat at halftime and was enjoying watching the antics of Kiraly. Not sure why he forgot to wear his red nose and big shoes though.

I find it so annoying with regards to this Kiraly business, he was offered a contract by our former manager which he took, probably too good to turn down, there are no other keepers at the moment, and he probably knows that he is not good enough now, but he is in that position between the posts and in MY opinion does not deserve the abuse he gets.

I don't think he did too badly. Can't really be faulted for the goals but he needs a better understanding with the defence. His boots do look a bit slipperish and the way he strays out of the box is begging for a long distance lob.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

To be honest I felt a bit sorry for Kiraly  when he came on to the pitch Friday. Must have been a bit of a surprise that Betts got sent off suddenly and he had to come on the  pitch and immediately had to try and save a penalty. I thought at the time what a situation to get suddenly shoved into.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cmg

Quote from: Shredhead on December 07, 2014, 09:51:37 AM

I don't think he did too badly. Can't really be faulted for the goals but he needs a better understanding with the defence. His boots do look a bit slipperish and the way he strays out of the box is begging for a long distance lob.

In a post which, creditably, tries to be positive about the poor bloke, it's extraordinary that some criticism is made of his footwear.

I'm sure he was wearing Puma Kings, a design so traditional and long-established that they have been worn by Pele (after whom they were named), Maradonna and Cruyff to name but three of many thousands. They are of such ancient origin that even I owned a pair once (not in white, though.)

SouthWest6

Quote from: Berserker on December 07, 2014, 10:11:36 AM
To be honest I felt a bit sorry for Kiraly  when he came on to the pitch Friday. Must have been a bit of a surprise that Betts got sent off suddenly and he had to come on the  pitch and immediately had to try and save a penalty. I thought at the time what a situation to get suddenly shoved into.

Why feel sorry for Kiraly? He's a paid professional, he's sitting on the bench incase he's called upon, and when he does, he should be ready and alert. If not, then there's something seriously wrong. For me, he shouldn't even be at this Club, but that's not his fault, it's the Clubs!! If anything, the whole Kiraly, sweaty pants, old age keeper just makes us look like a laughing stock and shows you how far we've fallen.

I left at 70 minutes, worst performance I've seen in my 30 years of going to Fulham. Don't blame any fan for leaving early at any stage.

David Allen Crankshaw

I left ten minutes before the end. I needed to catch the last train back to Manchester.

Shredhead

Quote from: cmg on December 07, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on December 07, 2014, 09:51:37 AM

In a post which, creditably, tries to be positive about the poor bloke, it's extraordinary that some criticism is made of his footwear.

I'm sure he was wearing Puma Kings, a design so traditional and long-established that they have been worn by Pele (after whom they were named), Maradonna and Cruyff to name but three of many thousands. They are of such ancient origin that even I owned a pair once (not in white, though.)
I bow to your superior knowledge of football slipper design. I was being unfair because I actually checked his footwear through my binoculars (yes, I'm that sad) and noticed he a) had studs and b) they looked metal. Perhaps it was the juxtaposition with his MC Hammer sweat pants that made it look odd. 
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

Guys at work have been coming up and commiserating with me today over our 5 nil loss. Several of them watched it on the TV and they all said they didn't rate Kiraly : (

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Thing is.
He did cover his near post in the proper manner and blocked a pile driver and later on succeeded in taking the whole of the ball when confronted with a one on one. Quite smartly I thought too but his distribution straight after was like somebody had given him a hand grenade. He did clear his lines even when the pass back was ridiculous and was royally let down by his defence for four and five. Actually goal three was a defensive mess as well so can we really hang him out to dry? However there was some comedic stuff in between and it is certain that there is no cohesion between him and any of the back four. Looks should not count for anything but I am certain his movement is restricted by his attire and he does look like a bunny in headlights on corners. Its one game to get through people and we will have to bond like never before. I am making a start now with my Christmas Famous Grouse from last year.

Hey Mrs B I am glad you got a more sensitive onslaught. I was slaughtered all day.

Berserker

People always feel sorry for me being a Fulham fan, plus I never come the billy big b when we do well, I'm very humble

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on December 07, 2014, 10:11:36 AM
To be honest I felt a bit sorry for Kiraly  when he came on to the pitch Friday. Must have been a bit of a surprise that Betts got sent off suddenly and he had to come on the  pitch and immediately had to try and save a penalty. I thought at the time what a situation to get suddenly shoved into.

Strikes me (!!) Kiraly also looked very surprised  ever time a ball came his way, I bet he did not feel sorry for us and I would also wager that he has no sadness every time he goes to the ATM  and checks the balance of his account.  Kiraly is one of Felix'  landmine  he left us with a few ............

Can we get Stekelenburg back for the New Year  or before ??? ( does anyone know the actual terms of his loan deal  )