more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kiraly will start vs. Leeds

Started by J.Perkins, December 11, 2014, 01:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Riversider on December 11, 2014, 02:00:24 PM
If we let in 5 again, and Kiraly has a nightmare and the defence are awful yet again, there is only one person to blame and that person is Kit Symons !,
He had 2 months to bring in a keeper and 2 months to bring in some decent defenders , all he could manage was a 19 year old midfielder, sorry but that's not good enough.

Ah - blame. An important concept.

What should the punishment be?

mikeyffc28

Quote from: andyk on December 11, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: mikeyffc28 on December 11, 2014, 01:55:40 PM
Granted, he doesn't do himself any favours wearing those clown pants but once he steps out onto the pitch wearing fulham colours and as long as he gives 100% then I for one will applaud him for that effort whether we win or lose.   We are supporters, so lets support the team rather than getting on individual players backs before the game has even kicked off. Come on Kiraly, You may be old, and you may be bald but a cleansheet you will uphold!

Steady on with the old and bald bit, Kasey Keller was quite old and quite bald, but his heroics in the final frantic minutes against Man City in that beautiful game will never be forgotten.

We may be saying the same about Kiraly's heroics against Leeds in years to come :-)

love4ffc

Guess I follow my heart instead of my head.  I'm still holding out to see what the game will actually produce.  

It's not Kiraly's fault that we are in the predicament that we find ourselves in.  Sadly though he is a prime example of how Fulham have no depth.  All it takes is for one current key player to get injured, or a red card, and everything seems to fall apart.  

Makes it very hard for Kit to do a proper job.  

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 11, 2014, 02:01:34 PM
Why is it likely that 34 year old unemployed Ashdown is better than Kiraly.

It's one game only and for all the scorn Kiraly is still playing international football for Hungary.

He's our second or third choice and will get an occasional game.

I think, even at 34 he is 7 years younger than kiraly.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

As with many, I have a bad feeling about this one. Pyjamarama in goal and Ross getting loads of abuse stuck on the wing. Leeds look massive at 8/5, so Ive pumped a few quid on to cheer me up for xmas.

MJG

Think we might have to go with this then

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

The one bad thing is they are all facing their own goal.  Not a good sign really....
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

It's the Mourino method, park the bus
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jms

I'm sorry, but having Kiraly in the squad is an insult to our club. I do not understand why another goalkeeper has not been bought in. The goalie is the most important player in a team......the morale of the defence is bad enough as it. Having him behind them, must be soul destroying. Leeds will beat us by a mile.  :012:

ToodlesMcToot

While I understand the majority's arguments against Kiraly playing, I'll never understand some folks' propensity to slag off a Fulham player who is in good standing with the club. How on Earth does that do anyone any good? The man needs confidence going into a match and the supporters aren't supportive.

Anyway, why fixate on defensive frailties? We've not been anywhere near defensively sound all season and have relied on an ability to outscore our opponents.

Why not focus all this negative attention into something more positive, like how many Ross and Hugo will score against LU.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 11, 2014, 02:32:27 PM
While I understand the majority's arguments against Kiraly playing, I'll never understand some folks' propensity to slag off a Fulham player who is in good standing with the club. How on Earth does that do anyone any good? The man needs confidence going into a match and the supporters aren't supportive.

Anyway, why fixate on defensive frailties? We've not been anywhere near defensively sound all season and have relied on an ability to outscore our opponents.

Why not focus all this negative attention into something more positive, like how many Ross and Hugo will score against LU.
You are right of course, but I have not been so certain  (apart from Bent scoring..paid for day out) of us losing since I dont know when. He is an absolute shambles of a GK, and I know hes an international and all that, but I have seen all his appearances and he just does not give me any confidence at all and neother does he to the defenders who last week did not want to pass back to him under any circumstances.
We will need at best to score 3 on saturday to get anything out the game.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2014, 02:42:27 PM

You are right of course, but I have not been so certain  (apart from Bent scoring..paid for day out) of us losing since I dont know when. He is an absolute shambles of a GK, and I know hes an international and all that, but I have seen all his appearances and he just does not give me any confidence at all and neother does he to the defenders who last week did not want to pass back to him under any circumstances.

I don't have any delusional notions about his abilities. I just don't think any Fulham player deserves the kind of criticism he's endured solely for trying to do his job  .

Anyway, I feel confident that most any goal conceded will start with mistakes in front of him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

We will have to out score them,simplessss

Fulham1959

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2014, 01:22:35 PM
Perhaps if he changed his pyjamas once in a while, it may improve his performances, assuming he is selected, which in the absence of an alternative, let's hope the ten players in front of him keep him unemployed, or maybe just maybe he has a blinder, and saves the game, that would be Fulhamish, but we need a result, it's not too late for him to start wearing shorts like everyone else on a football pitch.

Maybe they're his 'lucky' tracksuit bottoms and he doesn't want to risk not wearing them.

sunburywhite

Leeds at 6/4 have to be good value
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 11, 2014, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2014, 02:42:27 PM

You are right of course, but I have not been so certain  (apart from Bent scoring..paid for day out) of us losing since I dont know when. He is an absolute shambles of a GK, and I know hes an international and all that, but I have seen all his appearances and he just does not give me any confidence at all and neother does he to the defenders who last week did not want to pass back to him under any circumstances.

I don't have any delusional notions about his abilities. I just don't think any Fulham player deserves the kind of criticism he's endured solely for trying to do his job  .

Anyway, I feel confident that most any goal conceded will start with mistakes in front of him.

:54:

RaySmith

There's nothing wrong with Kiraly - get behind him, and the rest of the team.

We have very chance of a good result at Leeds. I'll be there and will give Kiraly an extra cheer when he comes on.

COYW!