watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An honest question

Started by alfie, July 03, 2010, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Why do a lot of foffers think that Mark Hughes will be good for Fulham.
Equally why is it that a lot of foffers feel that Sven won't.

Sven has had far more experience and success that sparky.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

I don't know why Hughes is popular. He wil not be the next manager simply because the upheavel of him and his backroom staff landing at Fulham would mean too much money. Employ Hughes and you employ three or four others and then have to pay off the staff you have. Besides he has yet to prove anything. Solid and defensive at Blackburn and unluckty but maybe a little lost at City. So why not go for an untried manager at the top flight rather than Hughes.

Sven has been a wanderer since the England job. He was poor at tactics and poor at changing things around when they needed to be changed. Just like Capello. But he has a good history but not in Englands Prem. His private life is not very private. But that is not his fault.

So I am no fan of either but think Sven is more likely because of the LACK of change he would bring. But I still hope it will be somebody we haven't been made too aware off. Whoever it is will
have a big job ahead. Roy has left us with a squad in need of some youth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Sven's experience? What experience? Mark Hughes has managed at club level a lot longer in the Prem than Sven, in fact he has even managed City longer than Sven ever did. No comparison at all. Sven couldn't even win a raffle with the most talent England side since 1966 and hasn't hoisted a piece made of silver (other than his wallet) in 10 years.

I trust Mark Hughes more than I trust Sven, he understands English Prem football at the club level. Sven has done nothing for any English club, and now he is desperate to manage anything that has a nice looking receptionist and/or secretary.

I have no time for Sven, he is unproven or mediocre at best in English club football,  and what Mark Hughes did with the limited resources he had at Blackburn speaks volumes to me.

I don't know if Mark Hughes is my man either, but I know that Sven certainly is not
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Agree 100% with Mr. Finn. The question I keep asking myself is...."what on earth, with his limp personality, is Sven actually going to say to the players from the start to gain their respect"?  What would his game plan be?

I feel appointing Sven would be a bit like when Major was appointed prime minister. Wasn't it "who would have thought that then?"

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 03, 2010, 12:27:54 PM
So why not go for an untried manager at the top flight rather than Hughes.

To me Hughes is a more comfortable choice but as you point out, brings financial overhead so your logic for why not makes sense to me.

Why not Martinez?

I think 'the Beamer' is right, it will probably be someone who won't cost much but has promise. It would seem to be out of character for MAF to hire a high profile guy.

LRCN

hughes did an amazing job at blackburn, especially considering the money we had. however sven has won load in italy, portugal and sweden, and did a good job with england (first time we've been in 3 successive quarters I think). at city he was unfairly sacked.
so I wouldn't mind either to be honest.

alfie

well thanks chaps i was just wondering how and why people felt the way they did, but i would not object against either of them to be honest, lets face it how many of us were thinking what the hell is Roy Hodgson going to do for us when he was brought in, talk about journey man, even Sanchez had a reasonable start when he came (i know sorry but he did).

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

I'm no expert on either. However, I will say that under Swen England was a bore to watch and he took Mexico & turned a side with a lot of Latin flare and made them boring. Oh, and he didn't win with either.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

wadey

hughes did a fantastic job at blackburn clearing up the mess left by souness..had blackburn playing some decent stuff..also hughes is better thought of by blackburn fans than hodgson is...he got sacked by man city whilst he was on an unbeaten run and man city lying in 4th place.........he must be chomping at the bit to get back into management.....sven...we,d be on the front pages more than the back pages imo

LBNo11

Quote from: wadey on July 03, 2010, 11:14:20 PM
hughes did a fantastic job at blackburn clearing up the mess left by souness..had blackburn playing some decent stuff..also hughes is better thought of by blackburn fans than hodgson is...he got sacked by man city whilst he was on an unbeaten run and man city lying in 4th place.........he must be chomping at the bit to get back into management.....sven...we,d be on the front pages more than the back pages imo

...spot on Bill, every word. Why would we want someone whose last dealings in England was with Notts County, and ask yourself the only reason he was there. The most un-Fulham like manager I could think of...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC