watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club badge

Started by absent cottager, December 17, 2014, 02:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absent cottager

Who would agree it would be fitting for Mr Khan to commission a new crest, I have never liked the new/current one as in my opinion it lacks character and is at best a bit meh, I'd be very much in favour of going back to the one used in the 70's cup final, maybe with a slight evolution, as I believe there is a problem with the licensing of the former crest as the Fuham and Hammersmith council significantly upped the fees for its usage, and Al frayed told them where to stick it?! Apologies if this has already been discussed, though with the recent seeming power of the fans over decisions at the club, perhaps if enough are in favour there could be a petition and design Comp.

Jonaldiniho 88

I think we should vote for our favourite passed badge and whatever wins should be stuck to. We have had some great badges and although our current is what I inherited I much prefer the oldies. We have the ground, oldest team in London so let's embrace our history. 

Mokes

I would not be opposed to it. I'm not a fan of the new crest but it could be worse. At least we're not Wolves, Bolton, Forest, Birminham, Bournemouth or MK Dons.

I actually like the original one from 1898 the most.

mrmicawbers

Got to say i for one wasn't a fan of the new crest to begin  with .Having said that it's grown on me to the extent that i actually really like it.So i would say lets keep it.Apparently it's one of the most easily recognized crests in the leauge.

mrmicawbers

Mokes

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Mokes on December 17, 2014, 03:53:12 AM
Ray Hudson thinks we should change it back too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQWadlYYDU

Totally agree,horrible same as this seasons strip..

Holders

I don't think that we should change it for another new one. If we were to change it should be a reversion to an old design but, having said that, I quite like the new one. Hate this year's twee kit though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

I like the current badge and i like the current kit, so a no from me
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Stefano Okaka Chuka

We'll sure change our red with orange if this nonsense continues.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

dannyboi-ffc

I like the new one but it's what I'm used to. I just feel it makes us recognisable. The FFC is so bold that anyone who knows football will know it's Fulham straight away. Other than Fleetwood we are the only football league club beginning with F. 

I know that's a silly reason to like it but how many times do you walk down the street and see somone in a football top and need to be right close to recognise the badge? From a distance all badges look quite similar or unclear but ours is easy on the eye.

Wouldn't have a problem with going to an older badge again but I prefer the current one
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc_beason

The old 'FFC' is about as clear as it gets though..
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

Thamesbank

Personally I prefer the new badge

Peabody

You are right, this subject has been discussed many times, particularly when the current badge was first introduced. In my opinion, the current badge is fine. I have always held that view, though many hated it and whilst more people have got used to it, there are still some who still dislike it.

To me, the badge on the shirt comes second to the player wearing it. Also, this badge is now easily recognisable and most people now know whose badge it is.

SouthWest6

For me it's a no, not because I'm going against the grain, but because this crest/badge is a big part of our footballing history now, which was mainly a successful one. To me, this crest/badge shows 13 years of Premiership football, some very good Fayed years, a great escape, Europa Cup final, and mainly what Fayed did for Fulham FC. We wouldn't be where we are today without him, so I think it should be left. If it was a badge that we had for say just 4-5 years without any significance, then yes, I'd agree to change it.   

MJG

I'm ok with the current badge and would prefer we stick with it. But given we have had it for a decade now I would expect a re branding in the next couple of years...so hold back on the tattoo's

mullers

I always think that clubs in general miss a trick with things like this. Involve the supporters; the club can still say, for example, that the design has to feature 'FFC', but if the fans feel they've had a say it stops all the arguments and is an easy way to make everyone feel part of things. I can see the advantages of the 'new' badge, I just feel it could stand some improvements. It doesn't feel... I don't want to say 'Fulhamish' but it's what I mean.

Two Ton Ted

I still have the same view as I did when I first saw the badge 13 years ago, ditch it and use a historical one instead.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on December 17, 2014, 10:28:15 AM
I still have the same view as I did when I first saw the badge 13 years ago, ditch it and use a historical one instead.
Someone would have said that every time a new badge came along...except for the first one

FPT

I really like the current badge, it's slick as John Travolta's hair in Grease. I don't like the one that I think people will most talk about, the 1995-2001 one, why is it so bloody blue? With it's blue, white and hints of red, it genuinely looks like a QPR badge; but in black and white, I imagine it looks no where near as interesting.

We've done excellently well I feel with the colours we've been given; and you'd have to hire some world class graphic designer to show me that we can do better.