watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right Back position

Started by MasterHaynes, December 17, 2014, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Reading their last match thread on the Shrewsbury Forum i've copied and pasted one interesting comment on Passeley, seems we may be able to relax about bringing in a player for that position, but with the danger of sounding like a broken record I would love to see Passely playing alongside one of the CB's which would give us a player with pace and comfortable on the ball in the centre which is one of our weaknesses at the moment.

'Goldson was booked for a challege that was a copy cat of one 10 sec earlier that had been commited on Passley, but nowt given.
We seamed to a bit more able to break them down after Mangdon came on. Also Passley had a really good 2nd half, if he can keep that up I can see Fulham recalling him and sending Grimmer back.'
Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/89314/back-cambridge#ixzz3M9LRE4lW

He clearly thinks that Passeley is better than Grimmer who also impressed there and good to see he is standing up to the physical side as well

J.Perkins

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 17, 2014, 10:38:32 AM
Reading their last match thread on the Shrewsbury Forum i've copied and pasted one interesting comment on Passeley, seems we may be able to relax about bringing in a player for that position, but with the danger of sounding like a broken record I would love to see Passely playing alongside one of the CB's which would give us a player with pace and comfortable on the ball in the centre which is one of our weaknesses at the moment.

'Goldson was booked for a challege that was a copy cat of one 10 sec earlier that had been commited on Passley, but nowt given.
We seamed to a bit more able to break them down after Mangdon came on. Also Passley had a really good 2nd half, if he can keep that up I can see Fulham recalling him and sending Grimmer back.'
Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/89314/back-cambridge#ixzz3M9LRE4lW

He clearly thinks that Passeley is better than Grimmer who also impressed there and good to see he is standing up to the physical side as well

If that's what they believe, fair enough. It's hard to me to compare the two, haven't seen much of Passley. However, it will be very risky relying on 2 young RBs. Zverotic and Voser are hopeless, and I think Hoogland fits the CDM role better. If we recal Tunnicliffe and Kaca, that's basically our business done in midfield. Then we can just look at the defence, and work out exactly what we need.

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 17, 2014, 10:43:31 AM

If that's what they believe, fair enough. It's hard to me to compare the two, haven't seen much of Passley. However, it will be very risky relying on 2 young RBs. Zverotic and Voser are hopeless, and I think Hoogland fits the CDM role better. If we recal Tunnicliffe and Kaca, that's basically our business done in midfield. Then we can just look at the defence, and work out exactly what we need.
I would be quite happy to have our two players who cover the RB position as Grimmer and Passley.
Both offer something different . Its one reason why I dont see the need to buy another RB. What we need to do is ship Voser out at least.

FulhamStu

I live near Shrewsbury, see them occationally and know a lot of their fans.  Lets be clear, they generally think Grimmer is a LOT better than Passley who they also like and think is a good player.  They think Grimmer is the real deal and outstanding.

cmg

We are pretty fortunate to have the services of a pair like this. Although nominally in contention for the RB shirt, they actually offer quite different packages.
Passley is very quick and can show quite mesmerizing dribbling skills. He has played conventional RW quite successfully.
Grimmer is (or was) equally at home at CB, he isn't astonishingly quick footed but has a mature football brain, good disrtibution and fine leadership skills.
Both need to work on basic defence, but this is quite common among modern full-backs.

HatterDon

I've have limited viewings of both of these guys, but I rate them both highly. Passley is strong and resolute. I didn't see him bullied in the Prem and his pace is a plus. Grimmer shows good anticipation and positional sense. I'd love for us to keep them both -- at least until they're worth 8 figures on the market.

If we do, I think there's more than a slight possibility of having Passley as the #2 and Grimmer taking the role a certain Mr. Bremner had with Leeds and Scotland a good few years back. I think he could become the central midfield rock we always need.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy S

Like a lot of our young players they need game time but they are improving all the time