watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield fans

Started by terryr, December 21, 2014, 10:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Without wishing to sound patronising to either group of supporters it was said that a trip to Fulham is an easy, relaxed away day. Plenty of pubs, no hassle and "the quaint old ground"  where you can stand for the duration. The group I was having a pre match nerve calmer with were telling stories about the problems of going to the likes of anywhere up north and Cardiff and how yesterdays fixture was a must. I think their Club had a decent ticketing policy as well. Have to say that unless the mood changes markedly when they go to Clubs in Yorkshire and around Birmingham I could not see them as louts and oiks.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on December 21, 2014, 11:46:59 AM
Wow 4 pints

Pay back all the way home though and I am supposed to be under the Landrover now doing welding type things but I just can't summon the energy.  Still three points and the 'line of under achievement' we have in the office will be fun for me for once.

fulhams_finest

they were singing "if you don't f***ing bounce, if you don't f***ing bounce then your a blade..." (repeat) in reference to Sheffield united fans being called the blades

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 21, 2014, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
They were singing "You Southern Softies Cant Make Proper Yorkshire Puddins"
So I started singing back"YEAH BUT WERE GOOD AT TOAD IN  THE HOLE"  :dft011:

I hate the needless culinary abuse. Worse in the Seventies when they started throwing quiche at middle class white players. Sickening.

:005:

win-dup

So I started singing back"YEAH BUT WERE GOOD AT TOAD IN  THE HOLE"  :dft011:

I hate the needless culinary abuse. Worse in the Seventies when they started throwing quiche at middle class white players. Sickening.

haha very good!

Didn't the Hammersmith end start the old classic song yesterday when playing northern sides of ''we pay your benefits''?

hovewhite

Fantastic away support,best I can remember.had beer with a group of them before the game seemed good lads.

ron

Quote from: win-dup on December 21, 2014, 12:12:24 PM

haha very good!

Didn't the Hammersmith end start the old classic song yesterday when playing northern sides of ''we pay your benefits''?

In culinary terms, we should have been singing; "Try Parkin the bus, and you won't let in four....."

Artful Dodger

Quote from: KCat on December 21, 2014, 10:29:11 AM
There is a couple in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzpp3HuQ70
Love the fact he felt it necessary to show the lyrics to the song 'Wednesday', which goes.......'Wednesday' (clap clap clap)... repeat. I do live near Sheffield, so in his defence, he was probably going on the safe side!

It does remind me of the Skol beer advert from the 80's, when the Viking in the pub isn't singing the 'Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol' song and when asked why, he replies....I don't know the words! Maybe it was just me...... fp.gif
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

jms

They were great supporters, and had a few words with a group in the Crabtree......when I mentioned the 6-1 drubbing in the 60s and their brilliant midfielder that day, Peter Kay.....I got a completely blank look from the youngsters amongst them, and one old guy shook my hand and said...'There's a lady who knows her football"
Hope our young fans wouldn't look blankly if JH was mentioned  :022:
They kept saying "It's a bit different down here !" Don't know what they meant  :021:

NorfolkJim

I thought the Wednesday fans were awesome yesterday - They reminded me of the days when half the stadium didn't walk out because the side were losing. Staying to the end and making the most of it is definitely my kind of supporting. Easily the best away fans I've seen at the cottage in terms of number and support - if you forget numbers making the trip then some of the Europa league visitors have also been impressive - Basle and CSKA in particular.

Super sunset by the way - The new stand will block that out won't it?

Berserker

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 21, 2014, 02:03:04 PM

If they are stupid enough to think we are softies, they obviously haven't seen the size of my Knuckles.
I've got big knuckles but thats due to the RA. If I hit somebody my fingers would probably fall off!

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

Quote from: jms on December 21, 2014, 01:50:23 PM
They were great supporters, and had a few words with a group in the Crabtree......when I mentioned the 6-1 drubbing in the 60s and their brilliant midfielder that day, Peter Kay.....I got a completely blank look from the youngsters amongst them, and one old guy shook my hand and said...'There's a lady who knows her football"
They kept saying "It's a bit different down here !" Don't know what they meant  :021:

I think the Peter Kay you refer to was in fact Tony Kay, who was banned for life along with Peter Swan and Bronco Layne, for bribery. Both Tony and Peter were England Internationals but where uncovered by The Sunday People back in the sixties. It's very true  that Tony was a brilliant player, who did destroy us that day and I believe was reinstated, he went on to play for Everton.

Berserker

I'm so thick I thought JMS meant the comedian.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Quote from: Peabody on December 21, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

I think the Peter Kay you refer to was in fact Tony Kay, who was banned for life along with Peter Swan and Bronco Layne, for bribery. Both Tony and Peter were England Internationals but where uncovered by The Sunday People back in the sixties. It's very true  that Tony was a brilliant player, who did destroy us that day and I believe was reinstated, he went on to play for Everton.

You're a lady?
That's thrown me. Probably because of you avatar but I presumes you're a bloke

Skatzoffc

Personally I thought they were great.
Sang all game  and after as well.

Singing:-
4-0 and we dont give a f***! on the way back to the coach in the Fulham road.

Lol - Great stuff!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Berserker

Quote from: leonffc on December 21, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

You're a lady?
Oh Leon, look at my avatar and I'm a lady, well female

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jms

Quote from: leonffc on December 21, 2014, 06:43:27 PM

You're a lady?

Ah ! There you go !  :merry christmas:

jms

Quote from: Berserker on December 21, 2014, 05:39:36 PM
I'm so thick I thought JMS meant the comedian.

My mistake Claire ! I called him Peter instead of Tony. No wonder you got confused  :doh: Probably didn't help that his sidekick was 'Peter' Swan, and that I'm an OAP with a frazzled brain !!!
Have a good Xmas with Mr B  xmascheer1

Berserker

Yeah I was raking my brains thinking is Peter Kay from Sheffield then when you said it.

Off to Edinburgh Tuesday,  think my nephew will be expecting me to play football with him again. Problem is his hero is Ronaldo so he could be dissappointed with my pathetic attempts. I'm going to buy him a Ronaldo calender tomorrow to make up for it!!!

- Martin Luther King Jr.