News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Since irony doesn't apparently work with British audiences ...

Started by HatterDon, December 22, 2014, 02:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Quote from: mitimo on December 22, 2014, 04:43:32 AM
Why SHOULD we be bossing this league?  We have a team made up of 50% kids from U21 and U18s, NONE of our so-called professionals were brave enough to stay with us and see off the Idiot that put us where we are.
If we had even 50% of last years team (the triers who were deemed surplus to requirements) then yes we probably could expect to boss this league.  In the circumstances we have I fully agree with the sentiments of Mr Hatterdon, he is one of the few on here who makes sense when he posts.
Just relegated from the Prem after all those years, with a multibillionaire owner able to provide funds to plug gaps in lost players-- yes, we should be bossing the Championship.   But Magath isolated key quality players, forbidding 'his' players from even speaking with them on the training field, remember?  He drove away quality.  He got us on the wrong foot when the season started.  That's why I asserted we should be bossing this league.  So we aren't really arguing.  If I've learned anything from the last 10 or so years, it's the influence of a manager on the outcome of games.  Jol plus Magath equaled disaster.

snarks

I think you're being harsh on Jol, there was a noticable lack of investment during his tenure, something that Hughes hinted at the time of his departure.

Having said that he didn't seem to know what to do with what he had.

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on December 22, 2014, 02:59:16 AM

4. For the first time in years, we are young, pacey, and exciting.

Speak for yourself, Tex. Life is good right now.

Oh, you mean the football team, don't you? Sorry.....
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

dannyboi-ffc

In general it's hard to argue with what you say. I don't want to see moaning but whilst we can be very happy and excited with what's happening, is it a bad thing to always look at what can be improved or who could've done a bit better when we struggle?

I got criticised for giving ruiz a 5 out of 10 even though I gave the majority very generous high scores. I didn't post an I hate ruiz thread but I still got moaned at. As long as people aren't over the top and ungrateful, I don't think pointing out a weakness or something that concerns you is ironic. It makes you a typical fan in my opinion.  

And I have to say I haven't seen that many consistently negative posters. I don't read every single thread but it's a shame if there is. Kits doing a brilliant job
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Artful Dodger

Can't say I have noticed too many negative posts recently, although there were few 'Kit isn't the right person' posts after Watford. Personally, I couldn't be happier considering where we were after Herr Magath left and have recently found myself singing Come On You Whites at work recently, which hadn't happened for a while!!! 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

filham

Yes, Hatter Don the spirit of your post is to be admired and you are so right, the turn around by Kit has been brilliant and better than anyone could have hoped for and right now we should be offering thanks rather than unqualified  criticism.

However it would be foolish of us not to be aware of the short comings we see such as a wobbly defence ( most goals conceded in the Championship) and not really playing attractive football, (those endless long balls up to Hugo which he can rarely win).

Make no mistake Kit's priority was to get us of the foot of the table and he has achieved that but there is still a way to go to fully develop the team into one capable of making a  serious promotion challenge. We must of course give kit time to achieve this goal.