watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clarke Carlisle fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a lorry

Started by SouthWest6, December 23, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Police are exploring "other avenues" which leads me to believe this could be another suicide attempt. Hope I'm wrong, as I though Clarke had finally beat the demons and was on the road to recovery. Having lost someone recently to mental health issues, just goes to show it never really goes away. My thoughts are with him and his family at this sad time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighting-life-hospital-hit-lorry-A64.html

Slaphead in Qatar

didnt realize he had tried to take his own life previously. shame. he has done alot of good work on the anti racism front.

dannyboi-ffc

He makes a lot of sense when he co- commentated which he's been doing a lot recently. He comes across as very intelligent and as mentioned has done a lot in the game off the pitch.

Wasn't he the players representative for the pfa or a role similar to that?  

My thoughts are with him and his family, let's hope he pulls through and can get help to cope with his problems.

Sad news, thanks for posting as I hadn't heard this yet
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 23, 2014, 10:24:16 AM

I think he was actually chairman of the PFA at one stage.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Burt on December 23, 2014, 12:35:45 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 23, 2014, 10:24:16 AM

I think he was actually chairman of the PFA at one stage.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. I knew he was something important

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Deanothefulhamfan

I wish him a speedy recovery, he does seem to have done a lot of good as of late in the football world.

However if it was a suicide attempt, I have much less sympathy. I never really understood suicide as I felt it was selfish for the people you leave behind, but I do understand when you are depressed and have a mental illness, all natural rational goes out the window.... This being said I find it completely disgusting if you are going to ruin someone elses life by taking your own. The poor Lorry driver might never be the same again, the same goes for people jumping in front of trains etc.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 23, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
I wish him a speedy recovery, he does seem to have done a lot of good as of late in the football world.

However if it was a suicide attempt, I have much less sympathy. I never really understood suicide as I felt it was selfish for the people you leave behind, but I do understand when you are depressed and have a mental illness, all natural rational goes out the window.... This being said I find it completely disgusting if you are going to ruin someone elses life by taking your own. The poor Lorry driver might never be the same again, the same goes for people jumping in front of trains etc.

100 percent on the money once again deano. If you are going to be selfish enough to commit suicide then shoot yourself in the head in a dark room with no one around to experience or witness it. Don't destroy an innocent lorry drivers life because you can't live with your own.

That's a general comment, I don't know if this was a suicide attempt so my comments are in general. I wouldn't judge without knowing the facts. 

Mental illness Is a horrible thing, one of my best friends has had it. It can't be washed away just like that but destroying someone else's life can be prevented.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

domprague

I read his book and took a lot of strength from it. For those advising people how to commit suicide, if people were capable of thinking it through that rationally they probably wouldn't be committing suicide.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

SouthWest6

Can I request one thing please, that this thread remains civil regardless of what peoples views are on suicide, or mental health issues. I understand that there are views from both sides, I also feel that suicide can be very selfish, but none of us know how serious mental health is, well I didn't until a family member did it recently. Since then, I've opened my eyes a little, and didn't know people can fall that deep down a hole that taking their own life can be a very easy decision.   

Oakeshott

"then shoot yourself in the head in a dark room with no one around to experience or witness it"

It is the best way (almost certain to be successful, no pain), but for 99% of us next to impossible to get a gun. 

Lighthouse

This is an accident and until we know otherwise I think speculation is not helpful.

Thanks to some of the very wise words on this thread about depression and worse. It is an illness and really trying to make sense of it from the outside is like trying to ask a cancer patient not to complain about pain. It depends on the cancer. It depends on the depression.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: domprague on December 23, 2014, 02:58:38 PM
I read his book and took a lot of strength from it. For those advising people how to commit suicide, if people were capable of thinking it through that rationally they probably wouldn't be committing suicide.

Agree 100%

HatterDon

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 23, 2014, 02:06:27 PM

"He jests at scars, that never felt a wound"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dannyboi-ffc

Fair enough, you're right. Let's keep it civil. Apologies if my second post offended anyone.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]