News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What could we achieve with this squad I'm dreaming of?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 27, 2014, 09:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 28, 2014, 09:35:13 PM
Quote from: ron on December 28, 2014, 09:28:53 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 28, 2014, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2014, 07:37:37 PM
I think you forgot Maurice Cook, Johnny Key, Johnny Byrne, Brian Dear and Malcolm Webster.

Never heard of the last four. Educate me Woolly.  Why did you suggest them, we're they really good?

Maurice Cook came from Watford (for 6 grand I believe), and was an old fashioned Centre Forward, much loved by the crowd, maybe not so much for his skill but for his heart and determination. Johnny Key was a player who seemed to find it hard to get approval from the crowd, though at times brilliant (I still remember a goal of his at the Hammy End coming up 50 years ago). Johnny Byrne and Geoff Dear finished playing football at West Ham, took up eating and came to Fulham to top up their pensions......and Webster was a goalie who again had moments of brilliance, and moments of the other kind.

Am I being fair everyone?

Dont know if you're being fair but I appreciate the Info. Would you say the squads big enough for them? It's 26 strong so I can't really see room for any more. From what you've said I can't see who they'd be good enough to replace

I think your original squad still holds good, and with the management team you chose would soon be up to modern standards of fitness, diet etc. Playing in modern kit might well help too!

P.S. I had a senior moment in calling Brian Dear "Geoff"...but you know who I meant!