News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

another semi non football trivia...mick jagger??

Started by jarv, July 07, 2010, 06:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

the cameras keep focusing on him in the crowd at various games. I neevr knew he was a footie fan, which team does he support?. Bit of an ex public school twit anyway (used to speak with loads of marbles in his mouth when young) so surely he should be a rugger man. (old boy).

TheDon

Teabag

He went to a state school in Dartford. Do you have a chip on both your shoulders?

leonffc

When I was in germany for the 06 world cup my mate had some dodgey contacts and a lot of front. Anyway, he blagged his way into every game and for the Portugal game that we lost, he got into VIP and sat in front of Jagger. Nice bloke apparently. So a) always been footy. b) not a twit (allegedly). c) dunno what team he supports.

As a foot note, said mates luck continued as he ended up having dinner with Peter Lovenkrands and his model wife in the VIP area.

jarv

Mr. teabag,
I do not have a chip. I just don't like people who are so fake that they work at changing their image as hard as he did. He used to speak with an accent that was posh with a capital P. Then he must have attended anti elocution lessons to sound like a bad boy to fit the image. Unfotunately it stuck, his diction is apalling. Besides, I am from his generation and never liked their music. He might be a nice bloke, who knows. At least he is a footie supporter. can't be all bad.

CorkedHat

If I were Mick Jagger I wouldn't give a tuppeny fart about my image :008:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

He went to Dartford Grammar school, just because he doesn't talk like those northern twats the Gallaghers," know what I mean like"  that makes him posh???

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 08, 2010, 09:32:14 AM
I thought you were him in recluse Corkie, same craggy looks, baggy eyes. lined forehead ,scraggy neck, opps think I'd better stop there :005:

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on July 08, 2010, 09:55:19 AM
I thought you were him in recluse Corkie, same craggy looks, baggy eyes. lined forehead ,scraggy neck, opps think I'd better stop there :005:

All that is true Mr ER - the only real difference between him and me, however, is that I wouldn't have wasted a Mars Bar on Marianne Faithfull  :035:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

And Mick Jagger would never even have thought of doing something good for a bunch of hard-up U-14 kids in the backyard and fire ravished part of Australia. He's got time to waste in South Africa getting wined and dined, sitting in the VIP box and watching a different team every day that doesn't mean poo to him.

I tip my hat to the CorkedHat any day. A man with character and dignity. :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Unfortunately Mr Finn, we find that in all walks of life whereby celebrity status and benefits are kept for private and personal use. Jagger accepted his knighthood even against his own 'beliefs' and utterances.

On the other side of the coin we find a player that we abhor due to his own paymasters, that of Drogba. A man that donates 3 million of a signing fee to provide a hospital in his homeland. One might argue that he has the money to be able to do this, and so it means less to him, but in comparison to a person like Jagger, and many, many other superstars of football, at least Drogba does do something.

Just goes to show that its not always how much money you have, but what's in your heart that really matters.

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 08, 2010, 11:51:45 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 08, 2010, 09:55:19 AM

All that is true Mr ER - the only real difference between him and me, however, is that I wouldn't have wasted a Mars Bar on Marianne Faithfull  :035:
Oh I would definitely given her one Corkie, she still looks good today except for the 60 a day woodbines voice :002:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on July 08, 2010, 11:59:49 AM
And Mick Jagger would never even have thought of doing something good for a bunch of hard-up U-14 kids in the backyard and fire ravished part of Australia. He's got time to waste in South Africa getting wined and dined, sitting in the VIP box and watching a different team every day that doesn't mean sh1t to him.

I tip my hat to the CorkedHat any day. A man with character and dignity. :045:

Not often i disagree with you Finny, but why would Jagger even think of kids in Australia? He's a rich rock star not Jesus or that p**** Bono. I listen to the Stones nearly every day for their music, i dont expect them to be hugging tress like Swampy or Sting.

jarv

Mr. Freddy.....you listen to them every day!  That takes a bit of doing. I liked the early stuff (cover songs of various american artists) but that is about it. Saw them in 1964 in Brighton (along with the Kinks and the Hollies). All for about 10 bob I think.
Were you at Hyde park in the 70s. The warm up band, Billy Preston, was terrific. Stones came on, they were awful. Shouts of bring back Billy Preston. They did warm up to be fair. Recently, they were on here in Boston. I looked into it, however, at over $100 a ticket, they can buggr right off. How much money does this man need?
1964, boy,  that was a long time ago. Johhny haynes, Graham Leggat etc.

FatFreddysCat

I was born in 68 Jarv so unfortunately missed them, and i find their recent tours very embarrising, but they was quality. The only reason i listen most days are they're on my X box random play list, but surely one of the best bands ever? I dont care if he's posh or not. like Floyd, i only care about the music.

jarv

Mr Freddy,   floyd, now you are talking. If you have not seen them, go to see the aussie cover band. They tour every year. (aussie pink floyd). I have seen them 4 times now in Boston, I hope they come back again this year. Every show is different but they do play the best of....

I know they play at fairfield in Croydon and the royal Albert amongst many other venues.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on July 08, 2010, 09:01:18 PM
Mr Freddy,   floyd, now you are talking. If you have not seen them, go to see the aussie cover band. They tour every year. (aussie pink floyd). I have seen them 4 times now in Boston, I hope they come back again this year. Every show is different but they do play the best of....

I know they play at fairfield in Croydon and the royal Albert amongst many other venues.
Jarv, i've seen Floyd twice at Wembley (bunked in both times, even though i had a ticket for one night, i passed it back through to a mate), i was puffing, drinking, on acid and mushrooms, it was the best show i've ever seen, luckily they didn't do to many close ups of the oldies playing the music. Floyd are without the best band ever to trip out to.

Ichabod Magoo

I once worked with a woman that bore a strong facial resemblance to Mick, but had a body like Bianca (back in the day).  Quite the coincidence, I'd submit.   :001:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

blingo

CH I would have used a Twix. Twice the chocolate m8.
:59: :53: :53: :045: :004:
The stones I never liked but for a live concert, forget Floyd its Led Zeppelin for me.