watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ratings vs. Brighton

Started by J.Perkins, December 30, 2014, 12:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyb

My mistake! I was at game and thought it was hyndman, even so he was woeful last night and I still don't get what the big fuss about him is?

MasterHaynes

I thought Hyndmann had a reasonable game, not great but OK certainly performed better than McCormack and Rodeallaga both of whom made little contribution and gave no movement upfront all game.Both kept playing intricatetight passes to each other which never came off in mutual appreciation of each other... to you,to me,to you,to me... when one of them should just take the responsibiity and shoot.
I think the lack of movement left the Brighton centre backs in place all game with no fear of being pulled out of position which would have created space for others to exploit.Look at the difference when Cauley came on and starting holding the ball and playing others in.
Hyndmann made the angles all game so he was always available to receive the ball from players under pressure, was heavily involved in the game making key tackles and blocks,(inc the one to stop them scoring went it looked a certain goal in the 2nd half.)because of the lack of movement in front of him he had no option but to hold the ball and wait for movement or move it sideways as did Parker. He did the job he was put there for, Williams and Fofana were given more freedom to go forward because Parker and Hyndmann were clearing up behind them. Hyndmanns sublime ball releasing Williams to a go 1on1 with a defender  in the 2nd half shortly before they scored was probably one of the moct incisive of that 2nd half.

Luka

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 30, 2014, 10:13:07 AM
Didn't even realise Hugo was on the pitch, think 4 out of 10 for him is nightly generous

That's two games against Brighton where thier number 5 has had Hugo in his pocket.
Unfortunately Hugo just cant beat the guy, he is to big, to strong and to good for him.

MJG

Quote from: Luka on December 30, 2014, 01:49:03 PM
Didn't even realise Hugo was on the pitch, think 4 out of 10 for him is nightly generous

That's two games against Brighton where thier number 5 has had Hugo in his pocket.
Unfortunately Hugo just cant beat the guy, he is to big, to strong and to good for him.
Good job Hugo got out his pocket to score at their place then.

cheerupjimmyhill

Very disappointed with Williams, he had at least five opportunities where he could have run at the defenders with space behind but he checked back every time.

These are young players and need time but I think we need to see more from them than they are producing not counting Betts lvc kavanagh and hutch.

Bodurov should be in the prem, real quality.

Luka

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2014, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: Luka on December 30, 2014, 01:49:03 PM

Good job Hugo got out his pocket to score at their place then.
Hugo got free a couple of times at thier place so give credit where it's due. But the guy had Hugo under control for the vast majority of the game.
He didn't let him have anything last night though. Had him under control all game.
Credit to Hugo though, he keeps going for the full 90.

Max Headroom

Fofana tried his best but his first touch is absolutely woeful. Unbelievably bad. He really has to work on that. Too big a weakness at the moment a liability, and he does appear to be very one footed

Alan_C

Fofana is indeed young and new to first team football. He isn't the finished article and certainly isn't to blame for last nights woeful team performance.

His first touch has the subtleness of a log. In fact on last nights showing his first touch is akin to a shot which was in comparison better than his shots.

His other fault is that when he loses the ball he does it in the most dangerous of places, having pushed forward with others moving beyond or with him. He doesn't play the percentages. Yes we all moan when the ball gets laid back or recycled but it is far better to keep it than give it away. If we retained possession the opposition would never be able to score.

We missed both LVC and Ruiz last night which i guess may have highlighted young Fofana's weaknesses but i would rather he didn't play if he didn't have these two to cover support him.

YankeeJim

Amazing how all the Fulham "experts" can disagree so profoundly.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PaulJ123

Theres no debating Fofana's first touch, it is terrible. Also needs to cut the amount of long shots he tries to take