https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (01/01/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 31, 2014, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Dembélé's Contract Extension

The Club can confirm that forward Moussa Dembélé's contract has been extended by a year, keeping him at the Club until 30th June 2016.

Dembélé made his Fulham debut as a substitute at Upton Park against West Ham United in November 2013, and scored his first goals for the Club at home to Derby County in this season's Capital One Cup.

The 18-year-old has now made 12 appearances for the Whites in all competitions.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/december/31/dembeles-contract-extension?

WhiteJC

Fulham's Lasse Vigen Christensen would be an ideal replacement for Aston Villa's Fabian Delph

Fulham's Lasse Vigen Christensen has been linked with a move to Aston Villa (Picture: Getty Images)

Having watched Fulham several times this season, as part of my day job, I've been impressed with the clutch of youngsters they've been fielding.

A couple of weeks ago, they won 1-0 at Leeds with a midfield three whose average age was a tender 19. The most senior of that trio, 20-year-old Lasse Vigen Christensen, set up the winning goal for relative old-timer Hugo Rodallega.

Last month, I'd seen Christensen play a starring role in a 3-1 win over Huddersfield. Having caught my eye in earlier matches, that performance fully converted me to the belief he'd be a Premier League player within a year or two.

It may come a lot quicker than that if the Daily Mirror are to be believed. They, praise be, have linked Christensen with a move to Aston Villa, claiming boss Paul Lambert has marked him out as a replacement for Fabian Delph.

Well, I can see a bit of Delph in him. He provides a bit of dynamism from the middle of the park, something we are lacking, and has an eye for goal – in 18 Championship games, he has netted five times, outscoring team-mate Bryan Ruiz.

His five assists include Rodallega's goal at Elland Road, when he chested down a throw and turned a defender in one movement, before cutting the ball back into the striker's path.

The Dane also breaks up play nicely, with some timely tackles and interceptions, but his most telling asset is the speed in which he turns defence into attack.

Christensen is a Denmark under-21 international, and has played alongside Aston Villa's Jores Okore (Picture: Reuters)

Christensen has been at Craven Cottage since January 2012, joining from FC Midtjylland, but only broke into the first team this season. In that short time, however, he has quickly become a key cog in the Fulham midfield.

His impact can be measured in fans' reaction to the Villa rumour (along the lines of 'keep your mitts off') and the fact his absence through injury was blamed for Fulham's home defeat to Brighton on Monday.

But let's not get too carried away. Christensen is far from the finished article, although that hasn't stopped Villa before (Jordan Bowery springs to mind).

But he is under contract until the summer of 2017, after signing an extension to his deal in January, and Randy Lerner may baulk at the suggested price tag of £5 million.

Fulham are also under no pressure to sell – unlike Rangers who, in trying to find urgent funds, are about to let rumoured Villa target Lewis MacLeod join Brentford for £1 million.

Selling a prized asset like Christensen would surely send out the wrong signals to the Whites' faithful – unless the midfielder himself made it quite clear he'd outgrown Craven Cottage and wanted to try his luck in the top flight.

Delph has hinted he is wanting to move on to bigger and better things – and if Christensen is tempted, I'd welcome him at Villa Park.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/31/fulhams-lasse-vigen-christensen-would-be-an-ideal-replacement-for-aston-villas-fabian-delph-5003075/?

WhiteJC

Kavanagh's Frustration

One bright spot from Fulham's disappointing result against Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday night was the performance of substitute Sean Kavanagh.

The young Irishman entered the action in the 63rd minute with the Whites a goal down and turned in a promising display on an otherwise frustrating night in SW6.

He twice came close to pulling Fulham level, first seeing his superb right-footed curler tipped brilliantly over the bar by former Whites stopper David Stockdale. Kavanagh then fired inches wide after a goalmouth scramble, before Brighton sealed the points late on.

"I almost scored, but it didn't go in unfortunately," said Kavanagh. "I got on and ran around and tried to make something happen. But I was actually disappointed with myself as my delivery wasn't the best from corners."

The defeat saw Fulham end 2014 on a low note and Kavanagh continued: "It was a disappointing result. We look to win our home games so it was obviously frustrating for all the lads. We didn't really play great and they were probably deserved winners in the end.

"I don't know what was up with the lads but we struggled to get going. They were the better team on the night."

Kavanagh's cameo was his first appearance in a Fulham shirt in more than two months after a stint on the sidelines with a thigh injury.

"On a personal note, it was good to get another game under my belt," added Kavanagh. "Hopefully I'll stay in the squad and get a few more games from here on in.

"I feel good and I'm happy with my fitness. But the three points was the main thing and we didn't get it.

"We all move on to the next game and we'll try and get a win in the FA Cup against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday."

Fulham's FA Cup adventure begins on Saturday when Wolverhampton Wanderers visit Craven Cottage in the Third Round. Tickets for the all-Championship encounter are priced at just £20 adults and £5 juniors in all areas of the ground.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/december/31/kavanaghs-frustration?

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele: Fulham forward extends contract until 2016

Fulham forward Moussa Dembele has signed a one-year extension to his contract with the Championship club.

The 18-year-old, who joined the club's academy from Paris St-Germain in 2012, will now remain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2016.

France youth international Dembele made his debut for the Whites against West Ham in November 2013 and has made a total of 12 first-team appearances.

He scored his first two goals for Fulham against Derby in October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30642789

WhiteJC

Cotterill Looking For Help From Fulham.

Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill is waiting on news from Fulham as to whether he can use on loan Matt Smith in the FA Cup this weekend.

The Robins travel to Doncaster Rovers at the weekend with doubts over Kieren Agard and is hoping to secure permission from Fulham to use loan striker Matt Smith in Saturday`s FA Cup tie at Doncaster Rovers.

The City boss had to make do without Smith for the previous round win over AFC Telford United, but with doubts over Kieren Agard who has an ankle injury and Aaron Wilbraham who has a hip problem, if they should miss out City could do with a ready made replacement to step in.

In recent games against Yeovil and Gillingham, Smith has found the net three times, proving that he is just the sort of player that Cotterill needs to step in.

Cotterill told the club's website: "I need to speak to Fulham about Matt. We`ll just have to wait and see what the outcome of that one is.

"With Kieran and Aaron, it`s too early in the week to know about their availability really. We`re just taking that day by day at the moment."

Read more: http://www.bristolcity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=382197#ixzz3NUvKmcBI

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolves: Recent record

Wolves travel to Fulham for their all-Championship FA Cup third round tie on Saturday.

Wolves have already beat the Londoners at Craven Cottage this season; Bakary Sako scored the winner and later missed a penalty as Kenny Jackett's side secured their first away victory of the season in August.

The Premier League meetings at Craven Cottage hold less pleasant memories for Wolves though. In their most recent three seasons in the top flight, Wolves picked up just a single point in three visits to Fulham, and lost their last Premier League encounter there 5-0.

Before this season, Wolves' last win at Craven Cottage was back in 1999.

Wolves do have an excellent record against Fulham at Molineux, though. In 2009, Wolves earned their first home win after promotion by beating Fulham 2-1; Kevin Doyle and Dave Edwards struck the goals on that day. That win is one of three that Wolves have enjoyed in their last four Molineux meetings with Fulham.

In all, Wolves have won four of their last ten games against Fulham, drawing three and losing the other three.

Read more: http://www.cannockmercury.co.uk/Fulham-v-Wolves-Recent-record/story-25787730-detail/story.html#ixzz3NUvgxe25
Follow us: @SuttonObserver on Twitter | sutton.coldfield.observer.official on Facebook

WhiteJC

Dembele extends Fulham deal
Fulham forward Moussa Dembele has signed a one-year contract extension and will be staying at Craven Cottage until at least June 2016.

Dembele, 18, has so far made 12 appearances for the Championship side in all competitions.

He made his debut as a substitute against West Ham at Upton Park in November 2013 and scored his first goals for the Whites against Derby in the Capital One Cup in October.

Dembele bagged both Fulham's goals in that 2-5 defeat at Craven Cottage and has since featured against Wigan, Blackpool and Huddersfield.

http://www.football365.com/championship/9626564/Young-forward-Moussa-Dembele-will-be-staying-with-Fulham-until-at-least-2016?

WhiteJC

Is This the Same Man?

Our good friend Darren Bent appears to be a wanted man.

After failing to make any sort of real impact whilst on loan at Craven Cottage last season, the thirty-year old appears to have rekindled his career after a loan spell with Brighton and Hove Albion.

That loan spell was cut short due to an injury and Bent, unfortunately, missed the chance to lead the Brighton attack in the recent fixture against us, a fixture in which we slipped to a 2-0 defeat.

The latest club to approach his parent club, Aston Villa, with regards to taking the former England striker on loan are promotion-chasing Derby County.

It appears that Derby will take Bent for the remainder of the season agreeing a deal with Aston Villa to pay a big portion of his salary.

All I can ask is whether this is the same Bent that laboured so badly when he was at Craven Cottage?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=382206#ixzz3NUw863lB

WhiteJC

Pardew makes former Tottenham and Fulham man his first Crystal Palace target

Alan Pardew could turn to Darren Bent to fill Crystal Palace's striker void if the Eagles cannot complete a deal for Swansea's Bafetimbi Gomis.

Newcastle boss Pardew is expected to be installed as Palace's new manager ahead of the New Year's Day trip to Aston Villa.

Pardew has been in talks over personal terms with Palace chairman Steve Parish since Newcastle granted permission for the Selhurst Park club to approach their manager.

Caretaker manager Keith Millen could yet handle affairs at Villa Park on Thursday, and admitted the club must not lose focus on their January transfer targets.

"There are players on the list that I'm sure the chairman's going to go through with the new manager," said Millen, who will be retained in Pardew's backroom staff.

"I've been involved in the discussions with Neil (Warnock) when he was here and the scouting network.

"If we can bring in one or two players then we can be at full strength."

Former England striker Bent's deal at Villa expires at the end of the season, and the 30-year-old has scored two goals in five games in his current loan stint at Brighton.

Derby boss Steve McClaren is believed to be interested in taking Bent to Pride Park until the end of the campaign, but Press Association Sport understands Palace are now monitoring proceedings closely.

Pardew has been an admirer of Bent ever since the pair worked together at Charlton.

Former Crystal Palace midfielder Pardew tried to take Bent to Newcastle in August 2013 before the 13-cap forward opted to join Fulham on loan instead.

Palace have prioritised signing a left-back and a striker in January's transfer window, with the club battling to progress plans after sacking manager Neil Warnock on December 27.

Warnock had made no secret of the club's desire to complete a deal for Swansea frontman Gomis.

St Etienne president Bernard Calazzo has this week claimed that Gomis will return to his first club, and Palace face competition from several Premier League rivals to land the France striker.

Palace's biggest challenge in January after that will be to retain in-form winger Yannick Bolasie, with the likes of Stoke keen to prise the France-born flyer away from Selhurst Park.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/pardew_makes_former_tottenham_and_fulham_man_his_first_crystal_palace_target_1_3902414

WhiteJC

Blackburn Rovers bid for ex-Manchester United starlet

Blackburn Rovers have made a bid to sign Fulham midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe on a permanent basis, according to Goal.

Tunnicliffe is currently on loan at Ewood Park but due to the forthcoming FFP transfer embargo set on Rovers, the club are will have to complete any deal for the player before January 1.

Fulham boss Kit Symons admitted to fulhamfc.com, "That would certainly be a possibility," over recalling the 22-year old.

Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer told the Lancashire Telegraph, "But no-one has definitely said to me they are going back. Obviously, though, we know that can change.

"Losing any player would be a loss but certainly the loan ones.

"We knew when we took them that was a possibility and it's something that needs to be looked at in the rules and regulations because, if you can recall them in January, it's not a season-long loan, it's a six-month loan."

Goalkeeper Jason Steele and defender Alex Bapstiste are also on loan at Blackburn and can all be recalled to their parent clubs (Middlesborough and Bolton Wandererers respectively) from Blackburn in January.

Other clubs are understood to be keeping tabs on the situation with Tunniclife after monitoring his recent form, he has appeared 17 times in the league and has scored once.

Aswell as Blackburn, Leeds United and Nottingham Forrest are also prevented from paying fees for new players until at least the summer after breaching Financial Fair Play Rules.

Blackburn are currently 9th in the Sky Bet Championship with 39 points, having lost three of their last five games.

Whether Fulham manager Kit Symons will let Tunnicliffe leave to a fellow Championship team is uncertain, but if a sufficient transfer fee is tabled a move definitely has the potential to materialise.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-bid-for-ex-manchester-united-starlet/?

WhiteJC

Dembele Signs Fulham Contract Extension

As 2015 approaches, good news in relation to one of our youngsters has broken.

It transpires that our young 18 year-old striker Moussa Dembele has signed a one-year extension to his current contract.

The youngster, who joined Fulham from Paris St Germain in 2012, will now be contracted to Fulham until the summer of 2016.

So far during his Fulham career he has made 12 appearances scoring twice.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=382237#ixzz3NYamEOf0