watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alan Slough

Started by Snibbo, January 06, 2015, 12:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Has Parkinson's according to a poster on TIFF, who says it's in a local paper.

Very sad. One of the great characters of our 75 cup final team.

Always remember him winding up the interviewer before the final. Said he needed one more clue to finish the crossword, that the clue was "Postman's sack".
"How many letters", said the interviewer.
"Thousands" said Alan.

robert

Sad news.High respects for this player I often saw playing for us.

jarv

Terrific player, always gave it everything he had. Sad news.

gang

Sad to hear this news, a popular player.

Twig

Yes very sad way for him to see out his retirement.  A really wholehearted player with a great personality.

HatterDon

One of my very favorite players as a Hatter, and I've always enjoyed the clips posted here of him playing for Fulham.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DLTOOFIF

On TIFF someone's asked if there's any way of sending messages to Alan. You can do so via me if you like - via [email protected] - as I'm due to speak to Alan today or tomorrow about the special dinner being staged in his honour (guest speaker Alan Mullery) in Torquay at the end of February. Alan was a top player for us. Top fella, too, by all accounts.

FFCAli

Quote from: DLTOOFIF on January 06, 2015, 04:06:16 PM
On TIFF someone's asked if there's any way of sending messages to Alan. You can do so via me if you like - via [email protected] - as I'm due to speak to Alan today or tomorrow about the special dinner being staged in his honour (guest speaker Alan Mullery) in Torquay at the end of February. Alan was a top player for us. Top fella, too, by all accounts.
Wish him all the best from all of us who cheered him and the others on during the mid '70s.  One of the best!

Lighthouse

He was a classy player who always looked to have time on the ball. I hope he realises what a great memory we have of him here. Wish him all the best and support.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DLTOOFIF

PS I've a few messages through already. Please remember to include your names. Ta.

Holders

Yes, please send him all the best.

We remember his unique claim to fame which will never be overturned - first player to touch the ball in a football league game played on a Sunday. There are not several claimants for this title, ours was the only 11am kick-off that cold Jan 1st at Millwall.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Supermitch

Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2015, 06:33:56 PM
Yes, please send him all the best.

We remember his unique claim to fame which will never be overturned - first player to touch the ball in a football league game played on a Sunday. There are not several claimants for this title, ours was the only 11am kick-off that cold Jan 1st at Millwall.

+1. No one will ever be able to take that away from him.  One of the legends of 1975 of course.

Best wishes Alan

Barrett487

Sir Alec of good Stock

A great player at 10 for us (when numbers meant something) and filled in equally as well at 3 if necessary.

I've always avoided trying to meet players so as not to be let down, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case with Alan.

The goal that sticks in the mind that Alan scored was at Filbert Street (neutral ground) for 3rd round 2nd replay v Hull in 74/75 where he finished off a great run and cross from Viv Busby.

So without Alan we might never have got to Wembley!