more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - me

Started by Airfix, July 05, 2010, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

I've just quit my job.   :029:

That was probably the most nervous I've been in years.

richie17

Hard isn't it?  I resigned same day as Roy (last week).   Petrified I was.

The Equalizer

I've heard there's a decent management position at FFC if you're looking...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

No point in going for the Fulham job. Don't tell anybody but I received a text this morning saying that my final interview went very well and it is between me and the girl from Countdown. She may have the brain and the looks but I have pictures and recordings.

I have never been sacked from a job. Once you have decided to leave your brain has already gone and is just waiting for the rest of you to follow.  No doubt you have good jobs to go to. I never did when I left. Just a knife dripping with blood  and a frayed rope. Still surgery was different then.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

good luck to both of you, I'll bet you both feel better now  :54:

OldBrownShoe

You'll be nervous when you get home Airfix!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

RidgeRider

Airfix and Rich, as they say and experience proves, when one door closes, another door always opens. Enjoy your time off!

Airfix

Don't get me wrong - I would never quit without somewhere else to go.

I shall be working for a company called Aliph, they make a product called Jawbone.  www.jawbone.com

This is a huge opportunity, one I could not pass up.

The Equalizer

Airfix, they look like lovely earrings you're going to be making!  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

RidgeRider

I don't see one with a Fulham logo on it... they all look very "space age", is there going to be a Fulham earring?

jarv

Mr. Lighthouse, spot on comment. I have quit jobs without another to go to 3 times. The most recent was in January this year, I walked out after a long running difference of opinion with the owner where I worked. Life has never been so good. Lots of time to be on this site, every day!!

I had the last laugh, time to develop my own business and the best bit is most of my customers came with me.

The company I left, it is rapidly going down the toilet, ha ha.

Burt

Good luck Mr Airfix sir.

I have just passed the 6 year mark with my current employer, which is a record for me.

Starting to get itchy feet, but mainly because of the commute than the content of the role. Getting up at 6:30 every morning is starting to do my head in.

Hazey

Coming upto 5 years here with the same hospital in the NHS on a work permit, so I havent been able to even look for a new post due to restrictions on the visa.

There is 0 chance of promotion or moving through the ranks here, unless someone dies and the attitude is not very proactive....

So all going well with my interview at the Home Office tomorrow, I will have my permanent residency and the option to change jobs if I wish.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

TheDaddy

Good luck guys,  Hazey how did it go ?

Ive been working for London Underground since i was eighteen and now after all that time 25 years i cant be bothered been messed around this year when i needed the company to have a back bone.Feels that my mind and body need a change or is it a rest .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

NogoodBoyo

I have a jawbone, Mr. Airfix.  Cracking good sound, but somewhat uncomfortable on occasion; also, the rubber tip protective slips off in action and it is in desperate need of a decent container to prevent damage between use.
Congratulations.  Moving jobs and resigning are marvelous experiences.
My first major resignation was to a dictatorial little Aussie with a cook-book full of insecurities masked by a massive brain and a vigorously strategic outlook on life.  I wrote him a nice, professional letter.  His response was: "I can't believe this, on the very day we were going to promote you, you write this pathetic letter that looks as if it's been written by a second-rate barrack-room lawyer.  How stupid could you be!  I MEAN HOW STUPID?!?!?!?!"
One of the best decisions I ever made.  I went to a much larger company in our field. 
Oh yes, he followed me there a couple of years later - and promoted me pretty quickly!
Nogood "no risks, no pain, no glory, glory allelujah, isit" Boyo

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 05, 2010, 01:39:23 PM
I've heard there's a decent management position at FFC if you're looking...
As long as it's not as goal keeping coach  :015: . Oh yeah Roy's job, i'm with yer.

Airfix

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 06, 2010, 07:31:33 PM
I have a jawbone, Mr. Airfix.  Cracking good sound, but somewhat uncomfortable on occasion; also, the rubber tip protective slips off in action and it is in desperate need of a decent container to prevent damage between use.

Thanks for that mate, I'll feed it on up.

The sense of release is huge.  I've spent the better part of the last 2 days letting particular colleagues know the news before the general announcement comes out.  I never realised that I know so many people!