watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

clint won't go to ac milan

Started by LRCN, July 05, 2010, 11:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

italy just changed their rules so that teams can only bring in one non eu player each season in reaction to italy's world cup showing. because dempsey's american (obviously) he'd take up this slot, and as good as he is ac milan won't want to use it on dempsey instead of some south american wonderkid.
that doesn't stop napoli mind, but he won't go to milan.

richie17

sure this rule isn't in place already?

FatFreddysCat

Duh, of course he wont go to AC Milan, he was a sub for us for the last part of the season. His agent is talking a good game, but i bet he wont end up anywhere better than us.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 07:54:02 PM
Duh, of course he wont go to AC Milan, he was a sub for us for the last part of the season. His agent is talking a good game, but i bet he wont end up anywhere better than us.
Freddy this is the dumbest comment I have seen you make and you know I like you. He was a sub because he was coming off an injury. And I hope he doesn't go anywhere.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom on July 06, 2010, 08:29:06 PM
Freddy this is the dumbest comment I have seen you make and you know I like you. He was a sub because he was coming off an injury. And I hope he doesn't go anywhere.
I've done loads much dumber, infact i've just deleted one. But Dempsey is a good player, not exceptional by any standards, and i think his agent is just testing the waters with perhaps a payrise in mind. But truth be told Duff and Davies and obviously Zamora were ahead of him come the end of the season. His goal against Juve is one of my greatest Fulham moments though.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 08:34:58 PM
I've done loads much dumber, infact i've just deleted one. But Dempsey is a good player, not exceptional by any standards, and i think his agent is just testing the waters with perhaps a payrise in mind. But truth be told Duff and Davies and obviously Zamora were ahead of him come the end of the season. His goal against Juve is one of my greatest Fulham moments though.
I don't think I would include Davies. Davies is a good player but not in the same class as Dempsey.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom on July 06, 2010, 08:42:27 PM
I don't think I would include Davies. Davies is a good player but not in the same class as Dempsey.
Roy who got us to a Euro final seemed to think Davies was better, who am i to disagree. Oh great goal by Davies, in the semi and final by the way  :015:

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 08:51:23 PM
Roy who got us to a Euro final seemed to think Davies was better, who am i to disagree. Oh great goal by Davies, in the semi and final by the way  :015:
The players on the team voted Dempsey the most skillful player on the team and Davies is not in that conversation.   :53:
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom on July 06, 2010, 08:53:36 PM
Roy who got us to a Euro final seemed to think Davies was better, who am i to disagree. Oh great goal by Davies, in the semi and final by the way  :015:
The players on the team voted Dempsey the most skillful player on the team and Davies is not in that conversation.   :53:
Robhino or whatever the Brazillian citeh player is called is without doubt the most skillfull player at Citeh (ok he's back in Brazil)but couldn't command a first team place. I'm not slagging Dempsey, i'm just saying his agent is having a laugh.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: Tom on July 06, 2010, 08:53:36 PM
The players on the team voted Dempsey the most skillful player on the team and Davies is not in that conversation.   :53:
I'm not slagging Dempsey, i'm just saying his agent is having a laugh.
I agree with you Freddy. I'm just giving you a hard time buddy. If I give you a hard time it means I like you.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

As long as that's the only hard thing your giving me Tom i'm fine.  :59:

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 09:08:39 PM
As long as that's the only hard thing your giving me Tom i'm fine.  :59:
lol, your cracking me up bud!  :011:
Fulham for life!

LRCN

Quote from: richie17 on July 06, 2010, 07:03:18 AM
sure this rule isn't in place already?

na they changed it from 2 non eu players to one.

WhiteJC

http://www.premiershiptalk.com/2010/07/06/ac-milan-could-sign-a-second-american-star/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PremiershipTalk+%28Premiership+Talk%29
AC Milan could sign a second American star

Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Italian Serie A giants AC Milan are interested in signing another American to join forces with defender Oguchi Onyewu. The Rossoneri are reportedly interested in signing Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey, who impressed for the United States once again during this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Dempsey has been linked with a move to a bigger club all summer, with many reports suggesting Roy Hodgson would even try to lure him to Anfield. Dempsey has enjoyed a great spell at Craven Cottage since making the move from Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, and it culminated this past season with a run to the Europa League final.

Yahoo! Sports quotes a source in Italy as saying: "[Dempsey] brings a lot of action and energy but he can be creative too. There are some options on hte table but Dempsey is a realistic one. A bid is very possible, and soon."

Dempsey scored the goal that gave the United States a pivotal point against England as his shot from outside the box trickled through Robert Green's hands and into the net. The midfielder is good with his feet and has a knack for getting on the scoresheet, largely due to his strong shot and good ability in the air.