watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulham v sunderland

Started by irishfulham, January 14, 2015, 01:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

back to play the premiership boys, it will be interesting to see how much we have fallen, it would be great to beat them how do you think we should set up against them?

btings

TSN is reporting that Sunderland and Toronto FC have completed a swap of Jozy Altidore for Jermain Defoe

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-completes-swap-deal-altidore-to-toronto-defoe-to-sunderland-1.181889

So it's possible they may have Defoe when we play them.

Roberty

Quote from: btings on January 14, 2015, 01:08:56 AM
TSN is reporting that Sunderland and Toronto FC have completed a swap of Jozy Altidore for Jermain Defoe

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-completes-swap-deal-altidore-to-toronto-defoe-to-sunderland-1.181889

So it's possible they may have Defoe when we play them.

Is is also possible that he is not match fit - I think the MLS season finished at the end of October
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

I cannot believe that we moved the forest game forward t the Wednesday before the tie, we should have pushed for afterwards so we had more time to get ready for the 4th round match
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

We can beat them.

All together now -'When Scotty walks up, to lift the FA Cup, we'll be there. we'll be there......'

I can dream can't I? :)

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on January 14, 2015, 07:23:50 AM
I cannot believe that we moved the forest game forward t the Wednesday before the tie, we should have pushed for afterwards so we had more time to get ready for the 4th round match

Seems crazy at first sight to bring the Forrest game forward but it is probably necessary to leave space for a Sunderland replay. Also there are two mid week fixtures in Februayy and there must be a need to get games played as soon as possible to avoid a backlog of fixture that could result from bad weather and cup replays.

westcliff white

Move it towards the end of the season, it is unlikely we will be in the cup to the final and unlikely we will make the play offs, so delaying it makes more sense to me

Roberty

Quote from: westcliff white on January 14, 2015, 10:31:02 AM
Move it towards the end of the season, it is unlikely we will be in the cup to the final and unlikely we will make the play offs, so delaying it makes more sense to me

But Forest might be or one of the clubs they play between now and the end of the season on a date that clashes with a FA Cup

So I would doubt the club are given much choice in the matter
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

Quote from: Roberty on January 14, 2015, 10:33:41 AM

But Forest might be or one of the club they play between now and the end of the season on a date that clashes with a FA Cup

So we agree to hinder our own chances. Lots of the games are moved to  midweeks later in the season. There are weeks when no cup games are being played. Unless there is a rule on time limit for re arranging the games, this seems like good ole Fulham being nice to everyone.

Scrumpy

Quote from: westcliff white on January 14, 2015, 10:43:07 AM
Quote from: Roberty on January 14, 2015, 10:33:41 AM

But Forest might be or one of the club they play between now and the end of the season on a date that clashes with a FA Cup

So we agree to hinder our own chances. Lots of the games are moved to  midweeks later in the season. There are weeks when no cup games are being played. Unless there is a rule on time limit for re arranging the games, this seems like good ole Fulham being nice to everyone.
I think we may have been thinking let's play Forest BEFORE they sack Stuart Pearce. Usually, we play a team just after they get rid of their manager and see an upsurge in their form. Hopefully, this one will work in our favour.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

westcliff white