watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

best home supporter bar

Started by wolfie, January 16, 2015, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Wolfie: which pub in the end, and what did you think of it?

ron

I was in both the Railway and The Duke's Head yesterday. I thought the prices in the latter were eye-watering, but good atmospheres in both.

The Coat and Badge was due to be the second, but it was so crowded we went on to the DH

Overall, the Railway gets my vote.

K33NY

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 16, 2015, 08:43:21 PM
Golden Lion?
You sure....
The place is a disgrace!
Disgusting filthy toilets, tables and even salt & pepper pots are dirty. I don't think they ever clean in that place. Plus, you will wait an age to get served and that's usually in dirty glasses!

When I went over last year with the NOrwegian suppoerter club they told me,

"We usually go to the Golden Lion, its a dump of a toilet house, but for some reason a great atmosphere" :P and it truly was a filthy place :P

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2015, 12:52:03 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 16, 2015, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on January 16, 2015, 07:40:57 PM
Not just for home supporters, but always a friendly atmosphere when I've been there, is The Coat and Badge in Putney. Don't go too often mind you as I come into Putney Bridge. Otherwise there is the Durrell Arms, decent beer and normally decent service.
Not the best pub (Coat and Badge is better) but for the best 'Fulham feel' it's the Golden Lion 57 Fulham High Street.  Enjoy!

My advice is to keep away from the
Golden Lion?
You sure....
The place is a disgrace!
Disgusting filthy toilets, tables and even salt & pepper pots are dirty. I don't think they ever clean in that place. Plus, you will wait an age to get served and that's usually in dirty glasses!

I have been told, it's so rough, even the arms of the chairs have tattoos on them.

I was in the GL at the end of last season and liked it.

Full of Fulham with a friendly atmosphere, and a nice garden if decent weather.

Most of the pubs round there seem to be away pubs now, with doormen. The Six Bells, next to the tube, is also an away pub, but they serve Fulham supporters in my experience.

Admin

Please remember, that regardless of your thoughts, these are peoples businesses at the end of the day, so please refrain from using words such as "picking up diseases" etc, it's not on, and your post will be removed. Please keep it "civil".

ron

....and the "Please wipe your feet" on the doormat reads from the inside.... :dft001:

Putney

Coat and Badge is a very nice pub but always found it to be full of yuppies on match day.

The Railway always has a mix of fans, wouldn't call it a home supporters bar especially as it's a weatherspoons.

Shredhead

Quote from: ron on January 18, 2015, 02:28:00 PM
I was in both the Railway and The Duke's Head yesterday. I thought the prices in the latter were eye-watering, but good atmospheres in both.

The Coat and Badge was due to be the second, but it was so crowded we went on to the DH

Overall, the Railway gets my vote.
+1. Good honest food and well kept  cheap real ale.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

King_Crud

Bricklayers in my opinion is always the pub to go, but it does get a few away fans in there. Must be written up on away travel sites for ale fans

ron

Quote from: King_Crud on January 18, 2015, 06:22:08 PM
Bricklayers in my opinion is always the pub to go, but it does get a few away fans in there. Must be written up on away travel sites for ale fans

...is that a decent grub pub as well?

King_Crud

Doesn't do food, which can be a good or bad thing. Good as it doesn't attract the gastro pub crowd, but bad when you're hungry  :022:

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 16, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
Quote from: Admin on January 16, 2015, 08:55:38 PM
Golden Lion?
You sure....
The place is a disgrace!

But, possibly the most popular home pub both before and after games. Others tend to go through 'phases' of popularity, but you'll always find the Golden Lion packed.
Well I agree to some extent.....
A load of drunk lads who don't care 'bout nowt - ok pub which I can handle.
But, This lad is taking his lady  - I've done that and couldn't relax. Constantly trying to protect her from a'wipes that don't give a pooop that a woman gets bumped!
Also, we have sat at tables but they were unclean. The bogs - well I doubt a rat would enter even with the squits!
And getting served is a nightmare whatever you say.
Lads on the piss fine - can chant, shout, swearad effectively pee where you are stood - marvellous place!

Have to agree.  Crabtree for me.

Jims Dentist

City Arms, by Hammersmith Bridge.
Mostly ex Chancellors FFC fans, who got fed up with the poor beer and abrupt staff and moved on a few yards.

SouthfieldWhite

Golden Lion might not be the best pub in the world, but at least it's s proper pub , not many of them about inFulham.

Never really seen the attraction of theBrickkayers, too smallandcrampedfor my liking .

Never enjoyed the lager( hardly sell any types  of lagers anyway)

Do seem to be quite Agee snobs on here though who probably think the Luon is too common for them

Twig

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 18, 2015, 10:00:15 PM
Golden Lion might not be the best pub in the world, but at least it's s proper pub , not many of them about inFulham.

Never really seen the attraction of theBrickkayers, too smallandcrampedfor my liking .

Do seem to be quite Agee snobs on here though who probably think the Luon is too common for them

If disliking the Luon makes me a snob then I hold my hands up.  However if I am going to spend my time and cash in a pub then I expect a nicer environment, better food and service than the Golden Lion will ever provide.  By the way I don't really get keg lager but enjoy bitter, so perhaps that has something to do with it as well (does that make me snobby too?).

The Equalizer

Quote from: RaySmith on January 18, 2015, 03:00:42 PM

Most of the pubs round there seem to be away pubs now, with doormen. The Six Bells, next to the tube, is also an away pub, but they serve Fulham supporters in my experience.

I think you're missing a couple of bells there. The last time I check there were Eight of them.

It is generally an away pub, but I do like that place a lot. They have a little FFC 1975 Cup Final shrine over by the kitchen at the end of the bar, with framed programmes and pics of the team.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Quote from: King_Crud on January 18, 2015, 06:22:08 PM

I usually drink in The Normanby, simply because that's my local when I'm back in London, and a lot of my friends drink there. On match days it's the Brick, but I popped in there at 7.45 on Saturday and it was completely empty! None of the usual suspects at all!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Twig on January 19, 2015, 05:29:25 AM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 18, 2015, 10:00:15 PM

If disliking the Luon makes me a snob then I hold my hands up.  However if I am going to spend my time and cash in a pub then I expect a nicer environment, better food and service than the Golden Lion will ever provide.  By the way I don't really get keg lager but enjoy bitter, so perhaps that has something to do with it as well (does that make me snobby too?).
:plus one: Same for me too Twig  0001.jpeg

Harold Shand

It has to be The Bedford, surely ?

It's a proper Fulham pub.