watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dannyboi's advice- how not to humiliate yourself

Started by dannyboi-ffc, January 22, 2015, 08:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Ok so Mrs dannyboi kindly let me go to the game last night to give me a break, I felt guilty so I felt obliged to do dinner,  washing up etc. I ended up leaving it tight to make kick off as a result.

So I'm strolling down Finlay Street to the ground about 8 minutes late. It's really quiet but on the other side of the pavement is a group of lads who sound like Londoners from a distance. I can hear them discussing the game saying "I think someone's scored" and they were arguing about whether to check the score on their phones. A couple suggesting it was BAD LUCK.... (hold that thought)

So i have the bright idea to check for them and we had just scored, 1-0 up. Assuming they would join my party in the street I jumped in the road and yelled "1-0 get in! COME ON THE FULHAM!" ..........I was confused by the awkward silence before one of them said "were Forest fans"..............

Lucky they were decent lads because my reaction after that didn't help. I felt so awkward that I laughed at them and said sorry lads, I thought you were from London.  

Not the best thing I've ever done if truth be told. So bare that in mind everyone if you are ever in a similar position
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

I'm not meeting you before the Milwall game then!! Jesus, you'll get me lynched.

Fulham Tup North

Quality. No wonder Mrs DB doesn't let you out very often.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: leonffc on January 22, 2015, 10:03:56 AM
I'm not meeting you before the Milwall game then!! Jesus, you'll get me lynched.

Lol I'll look after ya. I'll. Be able to spot a Millwall fan a mile away. The dress sense, the walk, their accent. I grew up with them all around so I won't make that mistake.  

I couldn't believe the forest fans were Forest.  They sounded more London than me! Very odd experience I must say

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 22, 2015, 10:10:15 AM
Quality. No wonder Mrs DB doesn't let you out very often.

Lol. She's a good girl, I'm very lucky. I go to every home game unless there's a valid reason like having a baby lol. I don't go to as many away games at the minute cos of money and the kids but when I do its a right laugh. Especially with the brother in law. He puts his foot in it all the time, I'm the sensible one which gives you a rough idea of what the day will bring.

Never any trouble though apart from at Brentford when he was pinned to the floor by a copper for asking where the station was. The copper was rude so he called him a swear word. And then actually reported the Policeman the next day haha.

All fun and games but never any trouble. I'm a lover not a troublemaker

We should all arrange it for an away game one day

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

The Equalizer

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 22, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
I'll. Be able to spot a Millwall fan a mile away. The dress sense, the walk, their accent.

The length of the arms, the grunting....
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 22, 2015, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 22, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
I'll. Be able to spot a Millwall fan a mile away. The dress sense, the walk, their accent.

The length of the arms, the grunting....

The chav factor, the pretending your a hard nut in a group of about 20. Don't worry lads, your safe with dannyboi

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Berserker

I just do the blond stupid women act to get me out of trouble. They just presume I don't know what I'm on about.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Berserker on January 22, 2015, 10:59:19 AM
I just do the blond stupid women act to get me out of trouble. They just presume I don't know what I'm on about.

Lol I'll have to try that one. Being a dark haired bloke it will be a challenge pulling it off but never say never

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Having read many of your posts.....................................
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 22, 2015, 02:51:18 PM

Ouch!!!!! Lol

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

YankeeJim

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 22, 2015, 02:51:18 PM

:kettle pot:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

Dan I thought you were going to wet the new arrivals head before the game! Not risk getting yours kicked in. Still all's well that ends well.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on January 22, 2015, 10:58:46 PM
Dan I thought you were going to wet the new arrivals head before the game! Not risk getting yours kicked in. Still all's well that ends well.

Lol that's the Birmingham game. I couldn't believe their reaction because I proper leaped into the road expecting them to join in.  With hindsight my celebration was over the top even if they were Fulham fans. I was just excited to be let out for the day I guess.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]