watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danger man Defoe

Started by The Swan, January 23, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I have always liked Defoe, he is a good striker. He always plays well against us and has scored a few goals against us.
If we can keep him under control I think we have a chance of getting a result up there.
The Swan

Shredhead

You sure he can play as he's only just joined them?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

SP

I think Defoe will play an hour but they'll rest a few for their game against Burnley the following week.

ToodlesMcToot

1 game in since the MLS season ended. Last competitive game prior to signing w Sunderland was 25 October. Not going to mention the last time he scored. Fulhamish on a personal level.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Black, White and Fred

Put your money on him to score now!
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Texas White

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 23, 2015, 11:42:23 PM
Put your money on him to score now!

Oh yeh.. he is always bad juju for us.

Sgt Fulham

Anyone else more confident of getting a result at Sunderland than when we were in the prem, or is it just me?

TheDaddy

I fancy a result but i always do

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

horse1031

I hope we play them off the pitch tomorrow.  We have it in us so let's have a go!!  Should be fun...  we should feel confident no??

dannyboi-ffc

The chances are Sunderland will play more of a reserve side than us as they have far much more to lose domestically. I'm not nervous at all about the game, if we lose we lose but I don't think they are much to be scared of. We lost last season to Leicester and Sheffield utd after beating Everton and Norwich in the previous rounds. So stranger things have happened. 

As for defoe, even when he's 50 and playing in charity matches he will have that killer instinct in front of goal but his overall game will be deteriorated through the standard he's been playing and the lack of fitness. I can't see him having electric pace and if that's gone I think bod and burn would rather play against him than they would the physical presence of wickam or fletcher. 

It will be a tighter game than some think today
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

I fancy us today. We usually do well up there. The only problem for me is Defoe. Strange he went to Sunderland and not a club down south.

092.gif

filham

Defoe is usually good for a goal or two but suspect he is not match fit and it may take him a while to acclimatise to Sunderland. A move from the states to the north east of England could be a culture shock, remember his best form has been with London clubs.

A win for us today would be terrific, it would be so nice to be a giant killer again, but can't really see it happening.

Shredhead

Let's not forget the 1st game of last season. I was dancing round a hotel room in Lisbon, looking forward to our best season in the Prem.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

hovewhite

We've nothing to lose,if they win there be doin what a PL team is suppose to do,but if we turn them over  they will have played a weaker team.simples really.

Logicalman

Watching Defoe in his match last week, he looked lacking match fitness and was happy to go down every time somebody looked at him, so hopefully our defence won't get caught out by his antics today.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Always dangerous and you worried when he got the ball near goal. But Grimmer and Hutch dealt with him well down that side of the pitch where he was mainly playing.