more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOTD - BBC Renewal Until 2019

Started by CottagersOnTour, January 29, 2015, 03:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CottagersOnTour

MOTD: Football highlights show to remain on BBC television

The BBC has renewed its deal to show Premier League highlights on Match of the Day for a further three years, until the end of the 2018-19 season.

The agreement covers MOTD's Sunday morning repeat, MOTD2, Football Focus and a new midweek show on Wednesday nights on BBC Two and BBC Two HD.

MOTD, which is in its 50th year, and MOTD2 have a combined weekly audience of nine million.

MOTD presenter Gary Lineker said he was "thrilled" with the news.

Barbara Slater, the director BBC Sport, called the programme "the most iconic brand in television sport".

She added that it was "very exciting" to be able to add a new midweek show to the mix that would reflect "the continued appetite for Premier League action and analysis".

The BBC's Premier League programmes will also be available on the iPlayer.

Lineker is joined in MOTD studio each week by regular pundits Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage, Danny Murphy and Phil Neville, with guest appearances from Rio Ferdinand and Ruud Gullit.

Reacting to Thursday's announcement, BBC director general Tony Hall said: "Sport matters. It brings the nation together.

"It can break hearts and raise spirits. And because it matters to the public, it also matters to the BBC. That's why it's fantastic news that we have kept the Premier League highlights."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31037565

Looks like the BBC have splashed the cash, a new mid-week show planned as well.

No mention of the Football League show, looks like this may be in direct competition with MOTD in the future (although I believe there was talk that this would be on at 9pm, an hour 1/2 before the normal MOTD start time)!

No waiting till midnight to watch a 30 second highlight clip, now we can get it out of the way at 10pm...

sumofallparts

MOTD presenter Gary Lineker said he was "thrilled" to continue receiving his enormous salary until 2019.............

Lighthouse

It has felt dull and all pals together for too long now. The whole thing looks tired. I hope they try and find some way to make the whole experience worth the effort. For now the MOTD feeling is one of, what's on the other side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

King_Crud

King_Crud

Quote from: CottagersOnTour on January 29, 2015, 03:51:29 PM

No mention of the Football League show, looks like this may be in direct competition with MOTD in the future (although I believe there was talk that this would be on at 9pm, an hour 1/2 before the normal MOTD start time)!

No waiting till midnight to watch a 30 second highlight clip, now we can get it out of the way at 10pm...

Football League Show going to channel 5