watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth v Watford

Started by f321ffc, January 30, 2015, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Watfords  Gabriele Angella sent off after just 28 seconds, has there ever been a quicker red card? 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Northern Cottager

Quote from: f321ffc on January 30, 2015, 08:00:25 PM
Watfords  Gabriele Angella sent off after just 28 seconds, has there ever been a quicker red card? 049:gif

That's impressive, what was it for?

Think the quickest was 2 seconds after talking a referee his whistle was f'ing loud.

dannyboi-ffc

Wasn't Vinnie Jones quicker for Wimbledon?  Literally clattered into someone as soon as they kicked off
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Swan

How will they cope playing with ten men for most of the game. We did not do very well against them when we were down to ten men.
The Swan

Admin

Quote from: The Swan on January 30, 2015, 08:23:39 PM
How will they cope playing with ten men for most of the game. We did not do very well against them when we were down to ten men.

We played against Watford with 10 men, not Bournemouth. It's Watcord who are currently down to 10. 

HatterDon

according to the commentator, a keeper was sent off even earlier. No mention of Vinnie Jones.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

I was at this match tonight. 

Not for the people I was with, but for me ref completely ruined what would've been a very competitive game.
I was in a minority of one to believe it was never a red and the penalty was pretty soft also. The very lively Watford fan contingent got it right chanting "Referee 1 Watford 0"
Watford were still the better side up until the penalty, then Bournemouth did a very professional job keeping the ball moving and stretching their defence until Ritchie scored the second.

Altogether thought Watford were undone by ref who was undoubtedly a "homer"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

The red card system can result in major injustice.
This red card was based on the Watford defender being "the last man" which Watford dispute, claiming there was another defender on the path to goal. So it means Bournmouth played against 10men for the whole of the match men because of the ref's vision of where other player's were at the time of a tackle, a delicate decision requiring a wide field of vision.

A red card should result in ten minutes only off the field then  really heavy punishment following an enquiry after the game and with television evidence available if it is established that the player was guilty.

In this way errors would be minimised and the punishment to the team would be about the same whenever the incident occurred in the match.