watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - travelling Asia

Started by Sammyffc, January 09, 2015, 03:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Just thought Id see if anyone has any tips or anything as there are a lot of people on here from all over the globe ! But basically I'm going travelling in 2 months to Thailand,Vietnam , Cambodia and who knows after that ! I've watched a lot of videos about hostels etc so I'm pretty sure I'm covered for that but it's the packing part. What do you take ?! I've seen so many different opinions and its confusing. I may also go Hong Kong and then stay in the states for a few months after :) . Any help would be appreciated :)

Slaphead in Qatar

you will have a great trip.  lots to see in those countries and everything is very cheap in vietnam, thailand, cambodia.

you will enjoy comparing the old world asia with the more modern hong kong.

when you go to vietnam - try to go to the mekong delta, especially the floating markets.

when you go to cambodia - try to go to Angkor Wat

when you go to thailand - try to go to grand palace.

have fun.

cottage cheese

Quote from: Sammyffc on January 09, 2015, 03:27:30 PM
Just thought Id see if anyone has any tips or anything as there are a lot of people on here from all over the globe ! But basically I'm going travelling in 2 months to Thailand,Vietnam , Cambodia and who knows after that ! I've watched a lot of videos about hostels etc so I'm pretty sure I'm covered for that but it's the packing part. What do you take ?! I've seen so many different opinions and its confusing. I may also go Hong Kong and then stay in the states for a few months after :) . Any help would be appreciated :)

I went travelling for a year, two years ago and spent about 4 months in that region so drop me message on here and Il gladly give you some tips!

Deanothefulhamfan

Sammy drop me a message..... I live in Shanghai, and you would be more than welcome to stop at our place if you wanted to see some of China on the cheap.... 2 and a half hours from HK.....

sunburywhite

See if you can get to Burma. We did it last March just gone
Wonderful country and wonderful people

My top three Asian countries Nepal, Burma, Vietnam and there is not a lot to chose between them all

Fantastic part of the world

Laos is also very good
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Baider

Just got back from a few weeks in hong kong and thailand visiting my brother for Christmas. Hong kong is definitely worth going to if you haven't been before, I've been a few times now and it amazes me everytime. Extremely expensive so don't expect to be able to budget it, food and drink at restaurants is ridiculous. Went to Phuket and stayed in Patong, the nightlife is quality (as is hong kong's tbf) and very very cheap, thai people are great people as well

alfie

When in Thailand do not in any way shape or form make comments or insult the King.
My Wife and myself make regular trips to Thailand, it is our favourite place.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Sammy, If the second leg does bring you Stateside, then drop me a line, and others here, you'll always have places to stay mate, and at least backup if required in a foreign country.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: alfie on January 09, 2015, 07:02:32 PM
When in Thailand do not in any way shape or form make comments or insult the King.
My Wife and myself make regular trips to Thailand, it is our favourite place.

Or the lady boys!

Sammyffc

Thanks for the replys everyone ill take everything into consideration !! Sorry i took so long to reply i forgot my password and had to get Admin to help me out  fp.gif

Just had my injections done ... marvellous  :012: . Cant wait to go now, i shall inbox you all who can help me out :)

@slapheadinqatar -- I have googled all of these places and they look awesome ! I'm debating of doing a online video blog when i go to show everyone the places they can't make it to haha

@cottagecheese -- Cheers mate i shall inbox you shortly ! Where abouts did u go ?

@Deanothefulhamfan -- Thanks for the offer mate , i've not actually looked at china due to the fact i heard most of it isn't that nice and friendly apart from Shanghai ! Shall definitely keep it in mind though the more places i can go the better !

@balder - Im going to Phuket after bangkok and i heard that the nightlife is awesome aswell haha. I am surprised by how cheap everything actually is like hostels etc all over the country let alone just Phuket ! Did you go to Chaing Mai ?

@Alfie -- I have read about this everywhere !! Thanks for the advice :)

@LogicalMan -- Cheers mate ! Im going to Vegas after Vietnam which will be interesting haha then I'm hoping to stay in New Jersey for a month or so after .. really fancy going to Los Angeles aswell