https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (07/02/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 06, 2015, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Kit Symons comes to AFC Wimbledon's rescue

Dons manager Neal Ardley thanks his opposite number at Craven Cottage

AFC Wimbledon head into tomorrow's clash with Newport County firing on all cylinders thanks to a helping hand from Fulham.

Dons manager Neal Ardley had planned to hold a session on Tooting and Mitcham's 3G pitch but a covering of snow saw that idea out the window.

A quick phone call to neighbouring Fulham, whose training ground is only a few minutes away from Wimbledon's base, provided a solution.

Ardley knows Whites boss Kit Symons well from his playing days and Welsh connections and the Craven Cottage chief was only too happy to help an old pal in need.

Ardley told Dons Player: "We'd already booked in to train at Tooting on their 3G due to frozen pitches but when the snow came down on Tuesday we knew that it was thick and we couldn't clear the 3G.

"We looked at two other options. Firstly, we thought about using the Goals facilities if they could free it up and get some of the snow off.

"But I happened to know Kit Symons from before so I asked Kit if we could borrow Fulham's indoor area to train on and Kit worked hard to get us that.

"We delayed training a little bit and then we trained in there. It ended up being a really good session, a good blow, and we thank Fulham for that.

"The two that really kill you are frozen pitches and snow. If you start going to artificial surfaces then some struggle and that's not perfect.

"It was great of Fulham to let us work there and that's the sort of relationship we've got with them."

Wimbledon have a difficult run of games coming up with Newport this weekend before fixtures with joint League Two leaders Burton and then Shrewsbury to follow.

It will be one of the most demanding weeks of the club's season and Ardley was relieved to be able to welcome back Sammy Moore and Alfie Potter to training this week, although the County clash will come too soon for a recovering Jack Smith.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-kit-symons-comes-8591075?

WhiteJC

Sky Bet Championship: Fulham v Birmingham team news

Fulham will be hoping captain Scott Parker is passed fit for Saturday's Sky Bet Championship clash with Birmingham at Craven Cottage.

The former England international was missing from the side beaten 3-1 by Sunderland in Tuesday's FA Cup replay due to illness.

On-loan Swansea full-back Jazz Richards returns after he was cup-tied in midweek, while midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen could be back in the starting line-up after dropping to the bench following his recent return from a hamstring injury.

Defenders Sean Kavanagh, Fernando Amorebieta (both knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) are set to miss out again.

Birmingham defender Michael Morrison remains out with a knee injury.

He joins Gavin Gunning and Matt Green (both knee) on the sidelines for Gary Rowett.

But Demarai Gray is expected to feature for Blues after he stayed despite interest from Bournemouth.

Birmingham rejected five bids from the Cherries during the transfer window.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/314105/preview?

WhiteJC

Let Symons see project through

I had somewhat anticipated a rather quiet transfer window down at Motspur Park, but with hindsight had still expected more through the door than we eventually achieved. Speak to any Fulham fan and they will tell you three or four different positions that required strengthening, yet our only business throughout January was the arrival of full back, Jazz Richards, from Swansea on an initial one-month deal.

Whether our lack of activity can be laid completely at the feet of Kit Symons though remains to be seen. Khan has spoken all season about investing around a push for promotion back to the Premier League, yet in recent weeks has expressed a view which suggests it is more likely to be attained conservatively. The transition from an ageing Premier League squad to blooding a young generation of talented academy prospects was always going to be a rocky road but it seems that the chairman may perhaps have really brought into the idea. In turn, he will assess the progression in the summer prior to making further investment. With Kit Symons we have a manager who is as inexperienced in his role as his young players are at the level they find themselves. Their success essentially goes hand in hand and each will be reviewed come the end of the campaign.

Clearly a major factor in Kit getting the job in the first place has been the relationship he has with the younger players and his belief in what they can achieve. In that sense it is hard for a man to turn around having vocalised his support for his charges and suddenly demand money for much needed reinforcements. While the club may continue to promote our chances of a late push for promotion, the lack of activity in January clearly suggests the opposite. The so-called 'project' under Kit in ushering the next generation through to the first team is not one that needs a happy ending at Wembley for it to be a success. I would love to have seen an experienced central midfielder, a player capable of playing wide right and some more competition at left back arriving on deadline day, but a lack of money spent will perhaps help Symons and the club in deflating what are unrealistic expectations for a club that have seen such a massive upheaval of playing staff.

With every defeat comes a growing level of criticism towards our young manager. It is at this point we need to cast our minds back to why he got the job in the first place. We wanted someone with the interests of the club at heart, someone who understands the need to utilise what is a very good academy system and the key role it will play in Fulham Football Club moving forward. It would be very easy for us to follow QPR down the parachute payment spending spree they embarked on, but the longevity is there for all to see when taking a glance at the Premier League table. Think of this season as solidifying a base, understanding who can cope week in, week out ready to complement with additions in the summer.

The rest of the season promises to be a battle, we are by no means too good to go down but the potential is there for all to see. When the players learn Kit will too. One step backwards two steps forward and all that.....

COYW!

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/team/let-symons-see-project-through/

WhiteJC

Two Hammers Trips

Fulham Under-21s will be looking to extend their unbeaten run to four matches when they take on West Ham United at Rush Green on Friday night (7pm).

Peter Grant's boys have been in sparkling form in the last three matches after beating PSV Eindhoven 2-1 to advance in the Premier League International Cup, before drawing 3-3 with Everton and coming from behind to defeat Manchester United 2-1 in consecutive away matches in the league.

In stark contrast, West Ham U21s currently find themselves in poor form, having lost their last four outings. This will be their third meeting with the Whites this season, with the sides playing out a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture at Motspur Park back in September, before Fulham came out on top in their International Cup tie.

In what was an enthralling game in East London, Thomas Eisfeld put the Whites in front, only for Irons striker Paul McCallum to turn the match on its head with two goals in 11 minutes.

Ange-Freddy Plumain then equalised on the stroke of half-time with a close range header, and substitute Tiago Casasola started and finished a counter-attack to win the game with his first goal in Fulham colours.

The Hammers go into Friday's game sitting bottom of the Barclays U21 Premier League, while victory for Fulham could see them rise as high as fourth in the standings.

Fulham Under-18s are also away to West Ham, with their fixture being played on Saturday (11am).

In similarly good form to their U21 counterparts, the Under-18s have taken seven points from their last three matches, having Norwich City and beaten West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland.

They will be looking to secure a league double over the Irons after goals from Elijah Adebayo, Josh Walker and Stephen Humphrys earned the Whites a 3-1 win at Motspur earlier in the campaign.

West Ham currently sit fourth in the standings, but victory for Fulham would see them move to within a point of the East Londoners.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/06/u21s-hammers-trip?

WhiteJC

All That Jazz

Signed from Swansea City on an initial one-month loan, Jazz Richards is keen to make a big impact during his time in SW6.

"It's been good," says Richards to the official matchday programme against Birmingham City as he eases back into a sofa in the players' lounge at Motspur Park. "The staff and the lads have helped me settle in really well. Training has been good and I'm really happy here. I've been to other clubs on loan previously in Crystal Palace and Huddersfield Town and not really settled in as well as I have here.

"It's a young squad but it's a good group of lads. The position in the league isn't the best but if they can come through this season and finish in a good position then that's more than a lot of people would have expected after the start they had."

A player known by Kit Symons from their time in the Wales set-up, Richards was thrown straight in for his Fulham debut when the Whites travelled to Blackburn Rovers last weekend. The 23-year-old nearly opened the scoring nine minutes in when he burst forward and collected Ross McCormack's pass but saw his effort saved by Jason Steele.

That desire to bomb forward is something Fulham fans can expect to see more of during Richards' stay in SW6.

"It would have been a great start to my Fulham career had I scored," mused Richards, who prefers to be known by his middle name of Jazz rather than Ashley. "I got in behind and the ball has been played to me. I don't know whether I should have hit it first time, maybe I could have, but I thought I had enough time to take a touch. I managed to get a shot off but it wasn't far enough in front of me to get a clean strike.

"I do love to bomb on as a full-back. At Swansea the full-backs are a bit restricted from doing that but at Fulham Kit likes to let you express yourself.  That's what I need - to play games, enjoy myself and show what I can do."

To read the full interview with Richards, get your hands on a copy of the matchday programme against Birmingham on Saturday.

Other exclusive highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Kit Symons pens his regular programme notes
Alexander Kačaniklić answers your questions via our social media channels
The one and only Jasper Carrott on following Birmingham City
In our regular feature, key figures take a walk back down memory lane to the 1981/82 promotion-winning season
Liam Donnelly discusses his comeback after seven long months on the sidelines
And Les Strong bring fans his latest column

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also save money by taking out a season subscription. Head here for more details.

The programme is also available as an app with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand. The programme is also available via the Pocketmags app on Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook. You can subscribe for the whole season for the digital edition for just £24.99 or buy a single issue for £1.99.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/06/all-that-jazz?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Blues preview

A full match preview ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship fixture at Craven Cottage. (3pm kick-off).
Gary Rowett on his side's lack of goals in recent matches...
"Our game is built on solid defensive foundations. Sometimes with that you are going to score goals like we have done on lots of occasions, but there are going to be some games where perhaps you're not as fluid as you'd like it to be but you have to make sure the base is there. In the Sheffield Wednesday game the pitch made it very difficult to create clear-cut chances, perhaps more so than before. I actually felt against a good Norwich side it was a similar thing. I thought the pitch made it very difficult to travel with the ball quickly as it's going to do at this time of year with the conditions and the weather. Sometimes it just has an effect on the creative side of the game. It's certainly something we'll look at and something we need to do a bit better."

Rowett on Fulham's style of play...
"They're a good side and like Norwich they've been a Premier League team not long ago. They've got some good players in there technically. If they play the same way they have in the last few games, it's a slightly different system to one that we've come up against. The pitch is very good and on the ball they can hurt you with their passing in central areas. We've just got to make sure we stick to our gameplan and do what we've done previously. If you look over the 14 or 15 games in the league since we've been here, there has probably only been one team that has been better than us for the whole game and that's Derby County. Apart from that we've been more than a match for most teams and we've created chances and had opportunities to win lots of games. Certainly we're going down to Fulham full of heart and quite encouraged by the solidity of our last few performances particularly away from home. And we'll just look to add a bit more gloss to those gritty 0-0ers."

Rowett on Fulham's key players...
"If you give them time and space on the ball they can hurt you. The flip side of that is when the game is a little bit tougher; sometimes you can impose your physicality on a team like that. Certainly Fulham are a good side with players like Scotty Parker who I played with at Charlton and has got great experience and is a very good footballer. They've got a whole host of players in there that can hurt you – with the likes of Ross McCormack who they paid £11m for. We've just got to make sure we worry about ourselves and do what we're good at, but we'll always be mindful of what a team can do to you especially away from home."

Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega's take on the game...
"Birmingham is a great opportunity for us. They are a really good team. They have a good combination of experienced and young players. But we have to win. We have to put the focus on ourselves. We need to work together, help each other and then on Saturday we need to be 100 per cent and take our chances when we have them. This season has been up and down, up and down, and we really want to keep things level - on an upwards curve of course."

Blues team news...
Defender Will Packwood is available after recovering from a groin injury. Michael Morrison is still several weeks from a return because of his ankle injury. Gavin Gunning (knee) and Matt Green (knee) remain out.

Ticket news...
Tickets are available form St. Andrew's until 1pm today (Friday). There will be pay turnstiles at Craven Cottage on the day (open from 1.30pm), but matchday prices will increase by £5. Blues have now sold more than 3,000 of their 3,700 allocation.

Form guide: Last five league games...
Fulham: LLWWL
Blues: WWDDD

Match officials...
Fred Graham will take charge of Saturday's game. The Essex-based official has refereed just seven games so far this season, during which he has produced a total of 16 yellow cards but no reds. The last time Blues game he refereed was our Championship fixture against Yeovil Town at St. Andrew's in January 2014, which Blues lost 2-0. Just one Yeovil player was booked on that occasion. Mr Graham will be assisted by Mathew Buonassisi and Alan Dale.

Betting...
If you want to place a bet on the game, use Sky Bet and you could help Blues financially. Just click here. Looking to Saturday's game, a win for Blues is priced at 23/10, the draw at 5/2 and a Cottagers victory at 11/10.

Other Sky Bet Championship games this weekend...
Sat 7 February
Brighton v Nottm Forest 15:00
Derby v Bolton 15:00
Leeds v Brentford 15:00
Middlesbrough v Charlton 15:00
Millwall v Huddersfield 15:00
Norwich v Blackpool 15:00
Rotherham v Ipswich 15:00
Sheff Wed v Cardiff 15:00
Watford v Blackburn 15:00
Wigan v Bournemouth 15:00
Wolves v Reading 15:00

Stats...
- Blues are unbeaten in their last five league games.
- There have been 83 league and cup meetings between the teams. Fulham have won 27 of them, 26 have been draws and Blues have the edge with 30 victories.
- Blues' last win at Craven Cottage was in the Premiership in December 2004. Robbie Savage, Darren Carter and Emile Heskey were all on target in a 3-2 win.
- The last game between the Cottagers and Blues at Craven Cottage was a Premier League fixture in November 2010 which ended in a 1-1 draw. Seb Larsson was on the scoresheet for Blues in that game, with Clint Dempsey finding the back of the net for the hosts.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/fulham-birmingham-city-2251615.aspx#rj6zWhqH6UvTwtfA.99

WhiteJC

Next Up: Birmingham City

Fulham and Birmingham City go head to head at the Cottage on Saturday afternoon, and the Whites can go above their opponents in the Sky Bet Championship table with a win.

The opposition

Since the appointment of Gary Rowett as their new manager in late October, Blues have had an impressive run of form which has taken them from the relegation zone into the top half of the table.

The new season didn't start in positive fashion as Lee Clark's side recorded just two wins in their opening 12 games and the board took the decision to relieve Clark of his duties in October.

As their search for a new manager went on they were humiliated by Bournemouth, losing 8-0 at St. Andrews before they moved to appoint former fans favourite Gary Rowett, who had lead Burton Albion to the upper regions of League Two in his first managerial role.

The 40-year-old has masterminded a spectacular turnaround at the Midlands club, recording seven wins in his first 11 games, including a 6-1 demolition of Reading.

They come to the Cottage off the back of two consecutive 0-0 draws and are unbeaten in their last five league games, having conceded just three times in that period.

Team news

Rowett will be without the services of defender Michael Morrison who has an ankle injury. Gavin Gunning and Matt Green also remain side-lined with knee injuries, but centre-back Will Packwood is back in contention having returned to full training.

Inside the camp

Gary Rowett wants his Birmingham side to use their physical prowess to their advantage when they travel to the Cottage on Saturday.

The Blues manager is well aware of the threats posed by the home side, but has backed his team to cause problems of their own.

"They're a good side and like Norwich they've been a Premier League team not long ago," Rowett's quoted as saying on bcfc.com. "They've got some good players in there technically.

"If they play the same way they have in the last few games, it's a slightly different system to one that we've come up against. The pitch is very good and on the ball they can hurt you with their passing in central areas.

"If you give them time and space on the ball they can hurt you. The flip side of that is when the game is a little bit tougher; sometimes you can impose your physicality on a team like that.

"Certainly Fulham are a good side with players like Scotty Parker who I played with at Charlton and has got great experience and is a very good footballer. They've got a whole host of players in there that can hurt you, with the likes of Ross McCormack.

"We've just got to make sure we worry about ourselves and do what we're good at, but we'll always be mindful of what a team can do to you especially away from home."

Player to watch

Demarai Gray: Having come through the ranks at his hometown club, Demarai Gray is a player very much in the national spotlight this season. A traditional winger full of pace and tricks, Gray was given his first taste of first team football by former boss Lee Clark last season and impressed the Blues faithful enough to be named Academy Player of the Season. This term the 18-year-old has become a regular at St. Andrews, scoring four goals, including a hat-trick against Reading, and his form has not gone unnoticed. His performances earned him the Football League Young Player of the Month award for December. The club turned down a reported £5m bid from Championship leaders Bournemouth on Deadline Day, and keeping Gray delighted the manager, with Rowett claiming it was their best bit of business.

Marathonbet match odds

Fulham: 13/10

Draw: 49/20

Birmingham: 12/5

Tickets for Saturday's game are available to purchase on General Sale, priced from £25 adults and £10 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/06/next-up-birmingham?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Birmingham

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Saturday 7 February Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham hope to have captain Scott Parker back after he missed the FA Cup defeat by Sunderland with illness.

On-loan Swansea full-back Jazz Richards returns after he was cup-tied in midweek, while midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen (hamstring) could return.

Birmingham defender Michael Morrison remains sidelined with a knee injury, as do Gavin Gunning and Matt Green.

Winger Demarai Gray, the subject of interest during the transfer window which has now closed, should play.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head
•   Fulham won the earlier meeting this season 2-1 at St. Andrew's in September.
•   Fulham have won three of the last four meetings between the sides, drawing the other. Birmingham's last win was 1-0 at St. Andrew's in the Premier League in November 2009.
•   Fulham are unbeaten in the last four meetings at Craven Cottage, winning two. Birmingham's last win there was 3-2 in the Premier League in December 2004.

Fulham
•   Fulham have not won any of their last three games in all competitions, losing the last two. Their last win was 3-2 against Nottingham Forest at home in the Championship on 21 January.
•   Fulham have won their last two home games in the Championship, against Reading and Nottingham Forest.

Birmingham
•   Birmingham have not won any of their last four games in all competitions, though they have lost only once. Their last win was 3-1 against Wigan at home in the Championship on 10 January.
•   Birmingham are unbeaten in their last five away games in all competitions, winning three. Their last defeat on the road was 1-0 at Blackpool in the Championship on 6 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31070469

WhiteJC

Fulham lose vital midfielder ahead of Birmingham clash

...but the manager will watch two Whites on Friday making their comeback

Fulham are without captain Scot Parker for the second match running as they plot to do the double over Birmingham.

The Whites won 2-1 at St Andrews in September that also happened to be manager Kit Symons's first win in charge, but this time they will do it without their talismanic central pivot.

Parker also missed out on the 3-1 FA Cup defeat to Sunderland on Tuesday, but there is better news for three others in white.

Defender Sean Kavanagh is back in full training, and Symons dons hat and scarf to watch two first teamers take first tentative steps towards recovery at the U21 game with West Ham tonight (Friday).

Defenders Tim Hoogland and Fernando Amorebieta have yet to feature in any football since start of the year. Both wlll get 45 minutes at Hammers academy set-up in Dagenham.

Symons added: "Hopefully they come through that, but Scotty Parker is struggling although Sean is back in full training."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-lose-vital-midfielder-ahead-8594154?

WhiteJC

Ruiz 'in limbo' over loan move – Symons

Fulham boss Kit Symons says striker Bryan Ruiz is 'in limbo' as he waits for clearance to join Levante on loan.

Ruiz agreed a deal with the Spanish side late last week but Fifa are yet to give the move their blessing.

Symons said: "I spoke with Bryan and he's just in limbo at the moment. Everyone is just waiting on the nod from Fifa.

"We're hopeful it will be very soon but we don't really know.

"He's in quite good spirits but he's obviously getting frustrated and just wants it resolved.

"He's a footballer who can't play football at the moment so it's not an ideal situation but we're very hopeful it will get resolved soon."

Ruiz, 29, has scored four times in 17 Championship appearances for the Whites this season and is out of contract in the summer.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/ruiz-in-limbo-over-loan-move-symons?

WhiteJC

Kit Symons: Only an unbelievable run will get Fulham into the play-offs
KIT SYMONS admits Fulham need to go on an "unbelievable run" if they are to gatecrash the Championship play-offs.

The Cottagers were handicapped by a nightmare start to the season under ex-boss Felix Magath and they lie 13 points off sixth-placed Watford so an instant return to the Premier League seems highly unlikely.

Symons said: "It would take a fantastic, almost unbelievable run to get there but lots of other teams above us are still pushing for the play-offs and I'm sure even one or two teams below are thinking they have an outside chance.

"We'll just keep going and look to get as many points as possible."

Fulham crashed out of the FA Cup after losing the fourth round replay against Sunderland in midweek. Symons' men have a comfortable seven point cushion over the relegation zone so there looks to be little to play for.

But he has his eyes on next season and wants to see his side progress in the coming months.

Symons said: "The games come thick and fast now as it's such a busy time. The last couple of months are really full on and the end of the season will be on us before we know it.

"There's a lot of football still to play and I'm looking forward to it and I want to keep seeing the progression."

Fulham host Birmingham on Saturday but they are sweating on the fitness of captain Scott Parker while Bryan Ruiz is still waiting for FIFA to ratify his loan switch to Levante.

Young full-back Sean Kavanagh is back in full training and could return to the squad while defensive pair Tim Hoogland Fernando Amorebieta are set to step-up their return from long-term injury problems.

The visitors, like Fulham, have enjoyed a revival after changing managers and are unbeaten in five matches.

Wingers Demarai Gray and David Cotterill have thrived under new boss Gary Rowett and Symons knows the pair could cause problems for his defence.

He said: "We've looked at the whole team, tactically how and what we'll have to do to nullify them and they've got big threats in wide areas.

"They're both very good, but very different players and they'll pose a real threat but they've got good threats throughout the team.

"We've done our homework, we have a game plan, we'll have to put that into practice and hopefully them we'll come out on top."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/424226/Kit-Symons-Only-unbelievable-run-get-Fulham-into-play-offs

WhiteJC

Fulham make plans for Ruiz should loan deal fail

Whites World Cup international in 'limbo'

Fulham are making plans should a dream move for Bryan Ruiz get wrecked by high-handed officialdom.

The World Cup midfielder and Spanish side Levante agreed a loan deal taking Ruiz to La Liga, but FIFA claim the Whites were late sending the paperwork before transfer deadline on Monday.

Fulham have the support of the FA, but should the deal falter, manager Kit Symons insists he will get the Costa Rica international to throw his weight behind the Whites wheel.

However, the manager also revealed the player is 'frustrated' and currently training on his own at the training ground gym.

"I spoke to Bryan, he's in limbo and clearly getting frustrated. He's a footballer and he can't play football," explained Symons.

"If FIFA doesn't allow it, I'll speak to him and we'll be frank and honest. But it's good environment here and he's always been treated very well since I've taken over.

"He knows the training's good, and I'm sure he'll get his head down. I know Bryan wants this move very much. But if it doesn't go through I've got a very good player at my disposal. It's not the worst situation to be in."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-make-plans-ruiz-should-8594423?

WhiteJC

Kit Symons offers update on Fulham's chase for Man Utd target Regan Poole
KIT SYMONS has confirmed that Fulham are yet to tie up the signing of Newport County's teenage star Regan Poole.

The centre-back has made seven appearances for the Welsh club in all competitions this season and was on trial at Premier League giants Manchester United last September.

Championship Fulham had a bid accepted for Poole, 16, in the January transfer window but the deal is expected to now be completed in the summer.

Cottagers boss Symons said: "No, it's still not confirmed yet. Obviously we've got a definite interest in Regan but there's nothing more on that one as of yet."

Newport director Howard Greenhaf revealed last month that the League Two club were in talks with Fulham.

"We've had an offer from Fulham and in principle, most things have been agreed," Greenhaf told the South Wales Argus.

"Ideally we would like to keep Regan until the end of the season as he is getting game time, but we also don't want to stand in his way from moving to what was a Premier League club last season.

"We are a small club looking to make a big impact and if selling Regan will help [manager] Justin [Edinburgh] to shape the squad how he wants it, we will help him and the player to ensure the deal is right for everyone."

Fulham this week added 17-year-old Bristol City defender Aron Davies to their academy.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/424244/Kit-Symons-offers-update-Fulham-chase-Man-Utd-target-Regan-Poole

WhiteJC

Kit's Birmingham Preview

With his focus now completely on the League, Kit Symons is backing his players to take the win at Craven Cottage on Saturday (3pm) when Fulham play Birmingham City.

"In front of our own home fans we'll be very confident of getting the result," Symons said in Friday's press conference ahead of the game.

"They've [Birmingham] done fantastically well under Gary Rowett. But there's only a few points separating us so obviously we're doing alright as well." 

The game has added significance for Kit as his first win in the League as Caretaker Manager came on Saturday 27th September away to Birmingham with a 2-1 victory.

Asked if he could 'do the double,' his reply was emphatic: "Definitely, without a doubt."

Symons is also confident that Marcus Bettinelli will put in an assured display, putting aside his own goal in the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay against Sunderland.

"It was an unfortunate incident but what I felt was good from that was you could see the response of the other players straight away going to him," said Symons. "He's a real popular member of the group. He's a real good lad and a strong character. I spoke to him the next day and it's just one of those things. It's always going to happen at some stage and he's been tremendous for us."

Currently sitting in 15th place, Kit is pushing the team to progress and focus on winning games, but he remains coy when it comes to pushing for a Play-Off place.

"It would take a fantastic, almost unbelievable run to get there," said Symons. "But there are a lot of other teams above us still pushing for the Play-Offs and I am sure even a few below us.

"So we'll just keep going and look to get as many points as possible. I want to see progress and development with the individuals and also with us as a team and a football club.

"With the replay against Sunderland the other night I was a bit disappointed with our performance. Certainly straight after the game. Then looking at it I thought maybe I was a little bit harsh. I watched through the video and we did okay. But I want us to be a lot better than that.

"The players have set their standards really high but on the ball we didn't quite reach those standards on Tuesday night. We had a lot of good opportunities, especially on the counter attack where we looked dangerous, but it's the end product that wins games for you."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/06/kits-birmingham-preview?

WhiteJC

FIXTURE HISTORY MATCH STATISTICS

FULHAM HOME
Fulham have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 3 of the last 9 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 7 goals to 7.

Fulham have scored in 75% of their last 20 home games.

Fulham have kept a clean sheet in 30% of their last 20 home games.

BIRMINGHAM AWAY
Birmingham have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 2 of the last 9 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 7 goals to 7.

Birmingham have scored in 65% of their last 20 away games.

Birmingham have kept a clean sheet in 20% of their last 20 away games.

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/matches/?match_id=45953&area=fixture-history