more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (06/02/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 05, 2015, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sky select Fulham v AFCB for live coverage

AFC Bournemouth's away fixture against Fulham has been selected by Sky Sports for television coverage.

The game has now been brought forward from a 3pm kick off on Saturday 7th March to Friday 6th March at 7.45pm.

It is the sixth time the Cherries have have been selected for an appearance on Sky Sports this season.

The Cherries have already featured twice in matches against Watford both at Vicarage Road and at Dean Court.

Whilst the home games against Brighton and the League Cup tie with Liverpool were also shown.

The Cherries will also make a second Sky Sports appearance in March when Middlesbrough visit Dean Court on 21st March (kick off 12.15pm).

AFCB Vital Travel Coaches

Once again AFCB Vital are sponsoring the Travel Coaches this season.

The sponsorship guarantees that a supporter coach will travel to every league and cup game this season. For prices, departure times and how to book - click here.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=387443#ixzz3QtZBpxpA

WhiteJC

Wolves On Sale

Tickets for the Whites' away fixture against Wolverhampton Wanderers (Tuesday 24th February, 7.45pm) are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

Priced at £27 adults and from £10 for juniors, in what will be the fourth meeting between the two sides this season, Kit Symons' side will be looking to come away with a win from Molineux following success in the FA Cup Third Round back in January.

Tickets are currently only on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members, and will go on General Sale on Wednesday 11th February.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/05/wolves-away?

WhiteJC

Argentina U20s Secure World Cup Spot

Argentina secured their spot at the 2015 Under-20 World Cup with a 3-0 win over Paraguay in the South American Youth Football Championship on Wednesday.

Suspension forced Fulham's Tiago Casasola to sit the game out, with the centre-back having accrued two bookings in the tournament, but he was celebrating with his teammates come full-time.

The tournament's top goalscorer Giovanni Simeone – son of Atletico Madrid manager Diego – put Argentina ahead on 17 minutes when he tapped in the loose ball following a save by the Paraguay goalkeeper.

Simeone missed the chance to double the lead just before half-time when his penalty was brilliantly saved, but Velez Sarsfield's Leonardo Rolon made it 2-0 minutes after the restart with a stunning strike from long range.

River Plate's Simeone then ended the game as a contest on 76 minutes when he took a lofted throughball on his chest before lashing in at the near post for his ninth goal of the tournament.

That result confirmed Argentina's place at the Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand later this year, and a draw in their final match against second-place Uruguay would secure them the trophy and the 2016 Olympics spot that goes with it.

Photo courtesy of Tiago Casasola's Instagram account.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/05/argentina-u20s-secure-world-cup-spot?

WhiteJC

Championship Preview: Freedman staying upbeat

Dougie Freedman is refusing to concede that Championship promotion is beyond Nottingham Forest as he prepares for his first match in charge at Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday.

The former Bolton Wanderers manager was appointed on Sunday following the dismissal of Stuart Pearce, who presided over a dismal run of just three wins in 21 league outings.

A 1-0 home defeat to relegation-threatened Millwall proved the final straw for Pearce, as Forest - who looked destined to be promotion contenders earlier in the season - suffered a fifth defeat in six Championship games.

Although Forest sit in mid-table, only seven points ahead of the drop zone, Freedman has refused to write off a push for promotion, insisting no manager can take the job at Forest and accept mediocrity.

He told reporters: "When you are Nottingham Forest manager and you're asked if you can win promotion, you can never say 'no' as an answer. If anybody ever does say no, then they shouldn't be sitting here.

"I'm not saying I'm a miracle worker but I am realistic and I am looking over my shoulder at the moment.

"We need to win football matches at the moment but I can never sit here as Nottingham Forest manager and say 'no'.

"Confidence is low. I'm not up on my stats about it but I know there haven't been many wins in the last few months, so that's understandable.

"But there's many things you can do to change it. You can turn that around by managing players. Results do it too."

Forest's hosts on Saturday have had an even poorer season to date. Brighton sit just one place above the relegation zone, though they have produced a relative improvement recently, winning three of their last five in the Championship.

Derby County - Forest's bitter rivals - continue their battle for the title at home to Bolton, with Steve McClaren boosted by the deadline day loan signings of Tom Ince from Hull City and Manchester United's Jesse Lingard.

Bournemouth go into the weekend ahead of Derby on goal difference at the top of the table and they head to second-from-bottom Wigan Athletic, while Middlesbrough will be looking to capitalise on any slip-ups from the top two when they host Charlton Athletic.

Wolves can extend their unbeaten run to nine league matches by avoiding defeat at home to Reading and Leeds United, without a loss in their last four, could potentially move eight points clear of the relegation zone with a win over fifth-placed Brentford.

Cardiff City make the trip to Sheffield Wednesday looking to stave off a fourth successive league reverse, while play-off hopefuls Norwich City entertain rock-bottom Blackpool.

Norwich's local rivals Ipswich Town sit three points off top spot ahead of their journey to Rotherham United and Watford, currently in the final play-off spot, welcome Blackburn Rovers to Vicarage Road.

In Saturday's other two contests, Birmingham City make their way to Fulham and struggling Millwall face Huddersfield Town at the Den.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/championship-preview-freedman-not-conceding-defeat-promotion-push#joiEtOYqKL44ussJ.99

WhiteJC

Hugo Feeling Confident

Hugo Rodallega has spoken about his relief in scoring against Sunderland in the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay on Tuesday night, but was frustrated with the final result and says that the team need to put that behind them to ensure they are 100 per cent focused when they take on Birmingham City on Saturday (3pm).

"It was an unlucky game against Sunderland," Rodallega told fulhamfc.com. "We were winning at the end of the first half and our confidence was really up. Kit told us in the dressing room that we had a really good opportunity.

"But we didn't keep our concentration," he stated. "Unfortunately Marcus made a mistake. It's nothing to worry about, it was his first mistake and everyone makes mistakes – but the game changed. Our mentality went down and we lost focus."

Despite the loss, Rodallega believes the Whites will go into the home game against Birmingham with confidence – not least, himself.

Whilst the Colombian forward has scored 10 goals already this season, the last time he found the back of the net prior to the Sunderland game was on 13th December 2014 in the 1-0 win against Leeds.

"After about five games where I wasn't scoring I spoke to Kit and some of the team about it," said Rodallega. "They tried to keep me motivated. They were telling me not to worry or get frustrated because I had scored nine goals already. They were saying to just keep going, work hard in training and wait and the opportunity would come again. I said back to them, 'yeah, but I have been waiting for five games!'

"I had a few assists, which is good. But I prefer to score. I definitely felt 'phew, finally!' when I scored against Sunderland. All the guys were coming up to me to say congratulations and 'I told you so!' Now my mentality is different."

Rodallega is close to his season's best goal scoring tally since playing in the UK, when he scored 10 League goals with Wigan in the 2009/10 season, but he is careful not to set himself any targets.

"I am a striker and it's only normal that a striker is thinking about getting goals... always. It feels really good to be on 9 League goals so far this season and we have 18 more games so I will just try to score a lot more goals. I am not going to say a number, it puts on too much pressure for me. I am just happy if I score goals and if Fulham win."

He is hoping to bring this momentum into the match against Birmingham City at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

"Birmingham is a great opportunity for us," said Rodallega. "They are a really good team. They have a good combination of experienced and young players. But we have to win. We have to put the focus on ourselves. We need to work together, help each other and then on Saturday we need to be 100 per cent and take our chances when we have them.

"This season has been up and down, up and down, and we really want to keep things level - on an upwards curve of course."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/05/rodallega?

WhiteJC

Fulham player determined to win Scotland cap

Jack wants to be tartan lad - once he wins back Whites place

Tussle: Patrick van Aanholt (R) and Fulham's Jack Grimmer in action

Jack Grimmer believes he has more reason than ever to fight tooth and nail for a place in Fulham's team.

Not only has Swansea loanee Jazz Richards been drafted in as an obvious replacement – but Scotland assistant boss Mark McGhee was running the rule over Grimmer at a recent game – and the U21 international right-back wants to remind north of the border what he can do.

Grimmer got a return for the FA Cup defeat to Sunderland on Tuesday night, but chances are, Richards, ineligible for the tie, will be back to face Birmingham on Saturday.

The young Scot admits the writing on the wall is crystal clear.

"There's no shying away from the fact a club of Fulham's stature can go and get a player if they think they need to improve that position," he said.

Watch: Ricardo Alvarez (R) tracked by Jack Grimmer

"Jazz did well against Blackburn and he's fitted in. It's always on your mind you need to play well.

"But it teaches you to be on it every day in training and take your chance when it comes especially when you're out of the team."

The academy graduate made the breakthrough against Brighton at the end of November. On a very good day in front of 3,000 Whites fans on the south coast, Fulham won 2-1.

Better still, McGhee was at the Forest game three weeks ago, with Grimmer in the team and another win to report.

"It's no secret I want to play for my country," the 21-year-old said.

"I've played at every level from And Mark McGhee was here watching the Forest game. He was also at Aberdeen when I was there as an academy player – so everything's positive, and in the world of first-team football you must accept the battle for places."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-player-determined-win-scotland-8585947?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Birmingham City: Blues boosted by Andrew Shinnie return

Team news: Scot to return to Blues side after being rested for draw against Norwich while Lloyd Dyer could miss out

Andy Shinnie, the man who represents the Gary Rowett-inspired renaissance more than most, will return to the Birmingham City side against Fulham.

Shinnie was rested for last weekend's goalless draw with Norwich and, if anything, looked a more impressive player for the fact Demarai Gray so struggled to emulate the Scot's play-making ways.

Much of that was down to the way Norwich denied Blues space but Rowett will no doubt be delighted to have a fresh Shinnie on duty at Craven Cottage.

Lloyd Dyer could be the man to miss out unless the manager feels David Cotterill needs to take a breather.

At the back Jonathan Spector will continue in place of the injured Michael Morrison, who Rowett has revealed should be back before the end of the month – and not be out for six weeks as first feared.

Spector and Paul Robinson have looked every bit as effective a centre-back pairing and they will be flanked by Paul Caddis and Jonathan Grounds.

Stephen Gleeson and David Davis will once more shield the back four.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-v-birmingham-city-blues-8590436?