https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How can you keep defending Symons ?

Started by howitis, February 07, 2015, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Quote from: Bill2 on February 07, 2015, 10:13:19 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on February 07, 2015, 09:01:45 PM
Since Kit took over we played well enough to be 6th in table accordingly to a few on here. I remember some years back not too long after Roy took over. He was asked after a narrow loss as to why he didn't make any subs. He said something like. " I didn't see anything on the bench that would have made us a better side." the quote is not exact but the meaning is. Why do some who complain that we are always the weaker side expect the bench to make us better? If they were better, they'd likely start. We just don't have  any game changers on the bench. We have kids and Kiraly. If you want to argue that a tactics change would be in order what other player do we have besides Smith who is on loan could change how we play. We are young and lite weight and lack the type of player that can change a match. Kit is doing a great job with the tools given despite all the caterwauling on here.
I was saying the same thing today as the match went on, there were no game changers on the bench, may improve when Hoogland and Amorbaretta return.

Without wanting to keep going on, this is again down to the tactics we play.

Say we played a 433 with Mccormack, Kaca and Roberts for example as the front 3. It'd be nice for Kit to look at the bench and see Rodallega/Woodrow/Fofana/Tunnicliffe/Williams to come on and change things.

The way we currently play we have no one who is suited to this system and therefore no one is gonna be able to improve it from the bench. Roberts is a winger who likes to run at defenders, but we bring him on to get crowded out as everyone else is trying to run through that area as we have no other option. Same with Kacaniklic.
If you were bringing Roberts on to play on the wing, it'd be a much better option

Fernhurst

I was going to type out a long reply but then have just seen lighthouse's answer which sums it up better than I could, it's easy to defend kit when you see where he started and where the team are

I know........ Annoying ain't it ?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Chutney

Quote from: HatterDon on February 07, 2015, 09:41:09 PM
because he's our manager
because we've improved TREMENDOUSLY since he took over
because he's helping mature our young players
because we are more interesting to watch than we've been FOR YEARS -- especially on the road

because he's the guy in the room and I support the club.

The Perfect post. Some people on here are genuinely clinging on to their habits of moaning and criticising the team/manager. They are struggling with the idea that positive things are happening at the club, they worry that they might have to actually start supporting the team for a change.
C O Y W

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2015, 08:50:32 PM
But we had the same owner when we had one point from 8 games and Symons has bought nobody in. A few loan signings and that is all. We play the same way because we have no decent wide players good enough to make us change formation.

I have no idea what the owner wanted or who decided to not add to the squad. But I don't see the wonderful players in the side that Symons is making under perform. I do see ordinary players performing above the standard they have done.

We may have the backing but so far I have seen little of it used. So in answer to how far do we have to fall? We have actually been there and are are above that point. I don't see the lack of leadership. I do see the lack of ambition. But could any better manager do a job with what we have? I doubt it.

Could not agree more.

Alan_C

Quote from: HatterDon on February 07, 2015, 09:41:09 PM
because he's our manager
because we've improved TREMENDOUSLY since he took over
because he's helping mature our young players
because we are more interesting to watch than we've been FOR YEARS -- especially on the road

because he's the guy in the room and I support the club.
a

Add to this when you look at our team we don't have a single player who would get a start in the Premier League. We have one or two who might in the future and one or two with a Tigana type improver might as well. Our team was decimated by relegation and further ruined by Magath. Most of the other teams simply have more experience at this level with similar level players.

Kit has turned us around with what he has. Our defence, especially the full back positions, is poor. On five minutes yesterday a period of football broke out at the cottage, as it did for a period against Forrest.

res

Quote from: howitis on February 07, 2015, 08:41:11 PM
Just have a look at the clubs above us in the table and look at their resources and the money they have spent. We are always the inferior team in almost every game I watch yet I fail to see another team with our backing. Birmingham were the better team today, make no doubt about that and they have come from a wore position then us in the table.

Fact - we have a chairman without ambition and a manager without leadership. The combination is excruciating to witness. How far do we have to fall before we get the right people at our club.

10 wins out of 21 games since he's been manager, 34 points and 36 goals from those 21 games, over a season that would put us on the fringes of the play offs

bobbo

Order I echo your every word , but I'm sure kit is not making any desicions on signings it's all above his head,and we brought pretty much no quality in during the window , so kit is still left with what that bufoon magath did to the club - wrecked it along with whoever else got rid of almost every player. So I am aware kit is still raw but it's not his choice of players. Dreadfull to watch yesterday the highlight of my afternoon was a couple of pints in the george and Devonshire on the Hogarth roundabout. Off to OZ for three weeks so I don't have to suffer the next bout of awful fulham.i'm living in hope of a return to better days as we've seen in the past , just hope I live long enough.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on February 08, 2015, 10:54:10 AM
Order I echo your every word , but I'm sure kit is not making any desicions on signings it's all above his head,and we brought pretty much no quality in during the window , so kit is still left with what that bufoon magath did to the club - wrecked it along with whoever else got rid of almost every player. So I am aware kit is still raw but it's not his choice of players. Dreadfull to watch yesterday the highlight of my afternoon was a couple of pints in the george and Devonshire on the Hogarth roundabout. Off to OZ for three weeks so I don't have to suffer the next bout of awful fulham.i'm living in hope of a return to better days as we've seen in the past , just hope I live long enough.
if all the signings are above kits head, then wouldnt they had of been above felixs too? i doubt felix would have wanted to sell ashkan, kasami and a couple of others. the fact is no matter who was in charge, the players that left, would have left anyway. and most of them needed to.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

I can assure you there are no signings above Kit's or any other manager head regarding the first team and I don't see Rigg or anyone else signing players for a coach /manager to use. It's a collaborative system and all signings are discussed with various people before one is made.

bobbo

Yeah Ben , I did think that also re above magaths head . But unlike you I would have liked just a small few players to stay . Just the likes of déjàgah ,sidwell and as you say kasami . I just thought yesterday we were so bad . Tunnecliffe again and Christensen both so poor. After some reasonably good moves we had players giving the ball away constantly. I'm sorry to have to say this but it is as bad as I have ever witnessed since my first game in 1956 , yes I know we've been in lower divisions but every team we play are better than us . Somehow we just seem to be getting away with it though God knows how.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on February 08, 2015, 11:17:57 AM
Yeah Ben , I did think that also re above magaths head . But unlike you I would have liked just a small few players to stay . Just the likes of déjàgah ,sidwell and as you say kasami . I just thought yesterday we were so bad . Tunnecliffe again and Christensen both so poor. After some reasonably good moves we had players giving the ball away constantly. I'm sorry to have to say this but it is as bad as I have ever witnessed since my first game in 1956 , yes I know we've been in lower divisions but every team we play are better than us . Somehow we just seem to be getting away with it though God knows how.
? i would have loved ashkand and kasami to stay, not sidwell though. and yes we are crap. my point was, you cant give kit different excuses from felix, and like wise if you buy into this our form is top 6 ish, then you have to give felix credit for assembling a top 6 ish team. as all kit has done is weaken it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.