watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, February 08, 2015, 06:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Rumours abound that Nigel Pearson has gone from Leicester. That was a strange touchline incident he had with a Palace player in yesterday's game and his after match comments on the subject were also rather odd.

092.gif

domprague

It seems the Palace player - whom Pearson had failed to buy recently - had said something to him. If that's the truth then grow up, man.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

cmg

Reminds me of a Lester Piggott story.

After Vincent O'Brien replaced the great man as stable jockey with Pat Eddery, the stable's odds-on favourite, El Gran Senor, was beaten a short-head in the Derby. After the race, as Lester passed the crestfallen Ballydoyle party in the unsaddling enclosure he mumbled, "Miss me?"

HatterDon

I saw the clip. The player followed the ball into touch right at the "coaches box." Pearson grabbed him and said something. The player tried to get back on to the pitch, but Pearson grabbed his shirt and wouldn't let go. One of the sideline officials had to mediate and allow the player to get back to work.

Seriously weird thing for Pearson to do.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bog

And there was Alan Pardew, he who introduced his forehead to David Meyler's on the touchline last season, asking Pearson what was going on.... 

092.gif

Fernhurst

This is very interesting....... Whenever I've watched a Pearson interview, always felt he spoke with far too much restraint, bit like putting lid on a volcano  :dft007:
Is his departure connected with the incident? Always thought Pardew was double lucky to have a chairman who may have felt like nutting an opposition player occasionally, but ultimately was his departure also bought about by pressure from above.

Note to managers: Keep your hands (and heads) to yourselves!!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Barrett487

Leicester have dismissed the media rumour

Leicester City Football Club would like to clarify its position relative to its manager, Nigel Pearson.
Contrary to media speculation on Sunday evening, Nigel remains the Club's First Team Manager. Reports to the contrary are inaccurate and without foundation.

Nigel, his staff and the first team squad are entirely focused on Tuesday night's trip to Arsenal and our continued efforts to secure our position in the Barclays Premier League.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/leicester-city-confirms-nigel-pearsons-position-2256316.aspx#xeE0CgRejs32Dlpt.99

Scrumpy

I vaguely remember Pearson being a right nasty piece of work as a player. Can't remember a specific incident, but 'uncompromising defender' springs to mind.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.