A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fofana

Started by St Eve, February 07, 2015, 08:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Such mixed opinions about him. Does he deserve to start?

Start him
Bench him

PaulJ123

Quote from: hovewhite on February 08, 2015, 11:39:45 AM
for me hes prone to giving the ball away to often,whilst he is the one player that does run with the ball but all to often he gives it away or loses control of the ball.For me an impact player .Bench
:plus one:

MJG

Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 08, 2015, 02:11:45 PM
for me hes prone to giving the ball away to often,whilst he is the one player that does run with the ball but all to often he gives it away or loses control of the ball.For me an impact player .Bench
Must be why he had the best pass success rate after McCormack across both sides. And McCormack made less than 20 the whole game.

snarks

I like Fofana, think he adds to the side he's definitely getting better the more he plays. Initially it was his first touch, then his second/third, now his final ball. That's a player adapting and improving, his physique is helpful compared to some of the fulham players of the same age.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 02:15:00 PM
[/quote
Must be why he had the best pass success rate after McCormack across both sides. And McCormack made less than 20 the whole game.

At the end of the day it's all about opinions. A stat doesn't even tell half the story, in fact most of the time it can be very misleading.

He did well until the final third and then looked lost and yes he basically lost the ball every time by making the wrong decision. You cant dance through the whole team on the edge of the box because you've run out of room to run into, you can't class a terrible final ball that might be classed as a completed pass but the wrong one in the circumstance as a good thing. You cant class a shot wide when he should pass as going towards his pass rate because it goes down as a shot but he still lost possession.

I make hovewhite spot on and since his analysis wasn't that harsh I think his opinion should be accepted just like your negative opinion of Richards home debut.  

It's all about opinions
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
[/quote

At the end of the day it's all about opinions. A stat doesn't even tell half the story, in fact most of the time it can be very misleading.

He did well until the final third and then looked lost and yes he basically lost the ball every time by making the wrong decision. You cant dance through the whole team on the edge of the box because you've run out of room to run into, you can't class a terrible final ball that might be classed as a completed pass but the wrong one in the circumstance as a good thing. You cant class a shot wide when he should pass as going towards his pass rate because it goes down as a shot but he still lost possession.

I make hovewhite spot on and since his analysis wasn't that harsh I think his opinion should be accepted just like your negative opinion of Richards home debut.  

It's all about opinions
Of course it is and I paraphrased the Richards comment by saying seeing him live for first time.
Just as if we dugout views on Fofana after two games they were horrendous by any players standard and it's about time and patience for all.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
[/quote

It's all about opinions
Of course it is and I paraphrased the Richards comment by saying seeing him live for first time.
Just as if we dugout views on Fofana after two games they were horrendous by any players standard and it's about time and patience for all.

Its almost impossible for fans to say whether a player deserves patience or not because we never know the club's intentions behind the scenes.

Richards is a one month loan, what's the plan after that? As far as I see it he isn't better than Grimmer so why are we wasting our time on him? If we had the option to sign him however I might reconsider my patience.

Same with fofana, he's improved a lot but I hate the formation. If we change formations where does he fit in.  You just can't drop parker, the team looks lost when he doesn't play despite the handful of wins or points we've picked up without him. His leadership is needed.

I wouldn't get rid of fofana, just like hovewhite didn't say that.  It's just hard for me to see where he should play, very handy off the bench in my opinion. I see him in the same role he did against Brighton away when legs are tired and games are stretched.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

cmg

Having just reviewed the full 90 minutes, I have to say that I find it ludicrous to suggest that Fofana should not be in the line-up. This is a top whack talent in the making: in a few years time we will be saying, 'Wow, remember when this guy played for us as a kid?' Sure he makes mistakes. One reason is that he's still learning, but the other is that he sees so much of the play and he's not afraid to try and make things happen. He's confident, strong, quite quick and is effective at both ends of the pitch. Sure he overdoes the step-overs occasionally and sometimes runs out of ideas, but, in many ways, he was our most impressive player yesterday.
I have admired Pat Roberts since he was 14, thought him the best English footballer of his age I had seen, still think he will make a top player. But if Manchester City offered a straight-up swap between him and Seko Fofana I'd have to think long and haed about it.

Jazz Richards: His greater experience probably gives him an edge defensively, but I don't see him as an upgrade on Grimmer. I'd keep him if we are sure we are done with Voser.

Hutch and Staf: Good games for both. Coming along nicely.

LVC: One of his quietest games - but he still made our two or three best passes.

Tunnicliffe: Not much more than a decent understudy for Parker

Kacaniklic: Better out wide right in second half. Still only 23, but beginning to look as if he's going to come up just short in too many important areas of his game.

Hugo and Ross: I'm not a big Hugo fan, but thought he had an excellent game yesterday. He and Ross were OK together, but Ross missed the service of...well, a Ross playing deeper and sometimes looked a bit frustrated.

I'd like to see Hyndman in when he recovers.

Riverside

Fofana is together with Roberts the most talented youngster .
His is also the most physically mature .
Yes he is inconsistent but they all are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrexFFC

I don't want him starting games.  If you want to put him on the bench and have him come off as an impact player that's perfectly fine.  During the course of a game he is far too inconsistent. I don't want someone out there who can make very poor decisions quite often out there for a full duration of 90 minutes. 

dannyboi-ffc

His role needs to change If he's to start week in week out. He has a lot about him but the decision making in the final third is awful.  All kids are Inconsistent but the issue I have with fofana is he is consistent, he NEVER makes the right decision when it matters. All players can switch the play or pass side wards backwards but only players with a football brain can find that killer pass or know when to shoot or when to take someone on.

I think Fofana needs to watch a few Boa Morte videos as well as kaca. It's all well and good running at pace but if your brain can't keep up then it's pretty pointless.

Walcott was very similar at that age so I'm not saying fofana won't be a star. He's just not our star so I don't see why we have to wait around for him to come good. Unless we sign him of course

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

cmg

Quote from: TrexFFC on February 08, 2015, 04:42:52 PM
I don't want him starting games.  If you want to put him on the bench and have him come off as an impact player that's perfectly fine.  During the course of a game he is far too inconsistent. I don't want someone out there who can make very poor decisions quite often out there for a full duration of 90 minutes.  

For me, he doesn't seem to be an 'impact' sub. I see him as more of a dominating player who you would want on the field for 90 minutes.
I think the value of 'impact players' is a bit overstated and can be a euphemism for 'not good enough to start but might be OK to throw on if we are desperate and everybody else is knackered'. Often used of past-it strikers who can't run any more but might just nick you a goal.

David Fairclough (Liverpool), Rene Houseman (probably used by Argentina only as an impact sub because of his heavy drinking) made a name as 'impact subs' in their prime - but I can't think of many others.

Walsh

64 people voted so far and it's a 50/50 (or 32/32 :D )... so split!

dannyboi-ffc

Let's all respect each other's opinions then as clearly just as many agree with me as others do against.  Football's a funny old game.

In actual fact I would've voted not sure if it had been an option, I'm more towards bench but he is getting better.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

callumc513

I'm enjoying this 50/50 split!
I really like him, though, and think he was our brightest spark y'day.

callumc513

Quote from: cmg on February 08, 2015, 05:13:58 PM
I don't want him starting games.  If you want to put him on the bench and have him come off as an impact player that's perfectly fine.  During the course of a game he is far too inconsistent. I don't want someone out there who can make very poor decisions quite often out there for a full duration of 90 minutes. 

For me, he doesn't seem to be an 'impact' sub. I see him as more of a dominating player who you would want on the field for 90 minutes.
I think the value of 'impact players' is a bit overstated and can be a euphemism for 'not good enough to start but might be OK to throw on if we are desperate and everybody else is knackered'. Often used of past-it strikers who can't run any more but might just nick you a goal.

David Fairclough (Liverpool), Rene Houseman (probably used by Argentina only as an impact sub because of his heavy drinking) made a name as 'impact subs' in their prime - but I can't think of many others.

Solskjaer, I guess.

HatterDon

Quote from: Walsh on February 08, 2015, 09:40:50 PM
64 people voted so far and it's a 50/50 (or 32/32 :D )... so split!

So, it's unanimous: he should start AND sit
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Quote from: callumc513 on February 08, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 08, 2015, 05:13:58 PM

Solskjaer, I guess.

Oh yes.
And, of course, Nevland for us.

Dodger53

When a player like Fofana charges up field taking on players its great... BUT he always loses it just as everyone is stepping up, so we are caught on the back foot and defending again. Kaca and Grimmer do it far to often as well. We lose the ball far to easily, in play, throws and goal and free kicks.