more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In-form & fully fit Taggart closes on Fulham debut

Started by Admin, February 15, 2015, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/form-fully-fit-taggart-closes-fulham-debut

A fully fit Adam Taggart says his ambition for the remainder of the season is to not only break into the Fulham first team but begin banging away the goals.

Taggart is yet to make his Fulham debut after joining the Championship club in June last year, due to an ongoing adductor injury.

Late last month Taggart returned to competitive action, after an injury setback, with Fulham's reserves and has now scored three goals in three games to press his first-team claims.

It wasn't long ago, the 21-year-old played all three games for Australia at the 2014 World Cup on the back of a stunning 2013-14 campaign where he won the A-League Golden Boot with the Newcastle Jets.

Speaking to FourFourTwo, Taggart admitted it had been frustrating not to be able to continue that momentum since his move to Fulham, but had a clear goal for the remainder of the season.

It was the same problem which Taggart had undergone minor surgery on in September, with a recovery timeframe of approximately eight to 12 weeks.

The setback meant his Asian Cup hopes were dashed, but still he thoroughly enjoyed Australia's triumph.

"It was extremely disappointing to have the small setback and be out longer, but at the same time I couldn't be happier for the country," he said.

The Socceroo wasn't part of Fulham's squad for Saturday's 2-1 home loss to Ipswich, but manager Kit Symons will be noting his progress given the Cottagers are 19th in the Championship and have only managed five goals in a winless run of six games.

Taggart's form, which has included goals against West Ham, Manchester United and Everton in the reserves, has aided his case and he felt he was "regaining his sharpness".
"I want to be playing first-team football," Taggart said. "That's why I came here.

"I've had a slow start from injury obviously but now I'm back.

"It drove me a bit crazy being out, because my whole life was based around goals and winning games. That's where I get my buzz from and what I only think about.

"Now I'm fit again it's like I'm back into challenging for my spot like always. I thrive upon that.

"I had a big challenge at Perth, I had a big challenge at Newcastle and it's no different now.

"I'm confident in my own ability. I just need to keep working hard to get that opportunity.

"Everything about my game is based around goals, so my aim for a player at Fulham is to be scoring goals on a regular basis."

Taggart faces stiff competition from the likes of Bryan Ruiz, Hugo Rodallega and Ross McCormack for a first-team spot, but it doesn't deter his belief.

The Perth-born attacker only resumed competitive action on January 21 against PSV Eindhoven.

He had made an initial comeback in December, playing three times in the reserves as he was desperately keen to be part of the Asian Cup squad, but suffered a cruel setback in training.

"It was my first couple of days back. I slipped in training," he recalled.

"We originally thought it wasn't as bad as it was, so I carried on for a couple of weeks but I was really struggling.

"Eventually after monitoring it for a few weeks we had a scan and it showed I had a tear in my left adductor."

"It was exciting to watch it. Everyone in Australia and everyone who's been involved in the national team felt a part of it.

"In the end, Australia has got what they deserved. The whole process with Ange (Postecoglou) has really come to life with what he wants to do.

"We played in some extremely tough friendlies before the World Cup, we had an extremely tough group at the World Cup and now all the hard work and the experiences put into the squad has really shone.

"It was nice to get the reward for that."

Taggart's Fulham are next in action on Saturday against Millwall in the league, while the reserves face Chelsea on Thursday.

Nero

Jem

Cliché number 1. It will be like a new signing. Lets hope so!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

The Swan

If he is fully fit let him start against Millwall.
I was talking to some fans from Australia at the Birmingham game and they asked me about Taggart. I said that he was playing for the reserves to get match fit. They said that when he plays for the first team he will give 100% every time.
Sounds a bit like Horsefield.
At the moment I would give him a start before Rodders. What have we got to lose.
The Swan

cmg

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2015, 09:26:02 PM

"It was my first couple of days back. I slipped in training," he recalled.

"We originally thought it wasn't as bad as it was, so I carried on for a couple of weeks but I was really struggling.

"Eventually after monitoring it for a few weeks we had a scan and it showed I had a tear in my left adductor."

"It was exciting to watch it. Everyone in Australia and everyone who's been involved in the national team felt a part of it.

Eh? Beats Holby City I suppose.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Smacks a little of the Mitro scenario - wonder striker to arrive & all that
With no match fitness, no experience of the Championship or our team, no service to help him how do we really expect our gung ho Aussie will perform?
Still what's to lose?
If we won't or can't recall Smith......... 

RaySmith

He's an Aussie -so we can expect lots of enthusiasm and commitment.

Mitro was a bizarre case, even for Fulham.

I feel that Adam will be a great asset to our first team squad, and wish him well.

Lighthouse

But our problem is we are not creating chances. One shot on goal again. We really need somebody to create chances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

In form in the U21's... Let's be serious here, this article starts with taking his situation out of context and trying to breach the two different circumstances which we all know you shouldn't do, even if it can be done.

Kit out is something we need to think about otherwise two seasons relegations in the trot looks like an increasing reality.

the nutflush

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 15, 2015, 10:28:48 PM
Smacks a little of the Mitro scenario - wonder striker to arrive & all that
With no match fitness, no experience of the Championship or our team, no service to help him how do we really expect our gung ho Aussie will perform?
Still what's to lose?
If we won't or can't recall Smith......... 

Yes but without the billion dollar price tag.   No experience in the Championship?  So should we just buy strikers that have Championship experience?  There aren't many good ones around as we saw during the last transfer window. 

the nutflush

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 15, 2015, 11:47:38 PM
Yes I also feel Adam Taggart should be considered for match v Millwall. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. He has pace and he will be desperate to make his mark. Otherwise we will continue to sleep walk into oblithian, fortune will always favour the brave.

I've been to Oblithian. Right near Midlothian.  Nice place.

filham

Dembele was looking good at the more junior level , too much to hope that a raw young lad can hit the ground running and start to freely score championsip goals.

The experienced, championship proven, guy hitting goals at the top of division 1 would surely be a better bet, he scored yet again at the week-end.

Every time Smith scores it must jar a nerve somewhere in Kit's body.