more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All info regarding the Stadium Redevelopment

Started by General, February 18, 2015, 08:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Baszab on February 18, 2015, 02:18:37 PM
Match-day revenue is almost irrelevant now if each Premier match TV license is worth £10m per game - and the TV rights will only increase over time

An extra 5000 fans generating, say £200k per game = £4m pa plus food/hospitality = say £5m per season - small beer

I am sorry to be argumentative but let's stick with what we've got on the stadium and put ALL OUR RESOURCES - i.e.  Khan's money (subject to FPP) into getting back up again.

well put!

westcliff white

AM in favour of the new stadium, we need to move forward both on and off the pitch. It shows a commitment from Kahn as he is hardly likely to fund and then run off, and more than likely (in my opinion) indicates he is willing to invest in the squad as well as use the youth to move us forward.
Every day is a Fulham day

Whitesideup

Quote from: MJG on February 18, 2015, 01:42:06 PM
You cant stand still, you need to be planning for the future which of course you hope will be bright.
What do you do try and get promoted then spend two years planning again while you struggle again in the PL, put a fork in the ground and then you go down building a new stand.
There is never a good time to build the stand, but it has to be done at some stage and the sooner the better.
the money is accounted for and budgeted and has no relation to the finances of signings as we could not afford to spend 30M on players as its outside of FFP.
I agree entirely.

So should we wait until we are back in the Premiership? Re-apply for planning permission / consultations etc could take ages. If Khan chooses to invest now and capital investments like this don't affect our FFP or our ability / inclination to invest in the squad and the Academy, it makes sense if you have that level of ambition. Of course if the team fails to deliver then it will take a long time for investment to be paid back .. if ever. But I don't see how this ambition and belief is "pathetic". Optimistic perhaps, naïve possibly, but it shows a commitment to the longer term. 

Mince n Tatties

Baszab

QuoteSo should we wait until we are back in the Premiership? Re-apply for planning permission / consultations etc could take ages. If Khan chooses to invest now and capital investments like this don't affect our FFP or our ability / inclination to invest in the squad and the Academy, it makes sense if you have that level of ambition. Of course if the team fails to deliver then it will take a long time for investment to be paid back .. if ever. But I don't see how this ambition and belief is "pathetic". Optimistic perhaps, naïve possibly, but it shows a commitment to the longer term.

But is it a commitment to long term vision? Why now ? To host possible Premier football in 5 years time? We are so far away from being promoted now that it doesn't smell right. How will it be financed? By loans that Khan can call in ? Huge interest payments like the Glazers did ? Capital investment out of Khan's pocket  - unlikely surely? Does the stadium increase the value of Khan's investment - does it increase earnings potential ?.......not a bit IMHO

Smells of a NFL franchise venue

f321ffc

The way things are going it should make the redevelopment much easier, if we go down again and have gates of around 10000 there will be no need to use the riverside stand on match days as  in the original plan so it can be shut down and worked on continuously making the job a lot quicker.
Master plan by Mr Khan? fp.gif 079.gif 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: nose on February 18, 2015, 02:26:15 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 18, 2015, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 18, 2015, 01:42:06 PM
You cant stand still, you need to be planning for the future which of course you hope will be bright.
What do you do try and get promoted then spend two years planning again while you struggle again in the PL, put a fork in the ground and then you go down building a new stand.
There is never a good time to build the stand, but it has to be done at some stage and the sooner the better.
the money is accounted for and budgeted and has no relation to the finances of signings as we could not afford to spend 30M on players as its outside of FFP.

The voice of reason again.

Building projects like this take years as this one has already in planning. Expanding the stadium is the right thing to do if we are ambitious and aiming for stability in the PL. For that, as MJG says, we need to invest in the redevelopment now, not wait until we are back in the PL.

Of course to get back in the PL then performances on the pitch need to improve. Whether that's through new players, a new manager, something else or a combination of these things is another matter.

There is nothing to suggest we are investing on the pitch for the future. Everything looks set for us to remain in the lower divisions for some time to come. If we were serious about improving two things would have happened by now
1. the board would have been changed either entirely or almost entirely
2. we would have brought in some talent in the last window to boost the first team's capability
A new project of this size with no realistic possibility of returning to the prem, and that is the only place we will be able to fill the stadium, will just saddle us with a crippling debbt that we would be unable to repay when Kahn gets fed up and walks away.

Sorry, that is just the way it is. If MAF would have done it when we were in the top flight, wonderful, but now it looks like economic maddness of the greek kind.

You do like to interpret events in a way that suits your view.

Look, like almost everyone else, I'm frustrated by the situation, the lack of effective recruitment, the performances, etc..

I think Khan would argue that he has invested in Magath, Mitroglou and McCormack - two massive fails and a so-so (in terms of turning our fortunes around).

Khan also change the Board when he came in. Maybe these two points are related.

I was surprised that there was no recruitment in the last window but if you were a talented, ambitious player would you go to a Championship club who had little or no chance of getting promoted? I did expect a loan or two though.

The investment in the redevelopment I think shows that Khan has a long term plan. If Khan was thinking of leaving it would be a bad business move to saddle the club with more debt because it would just lower the price he would get when selling the club. Recall that MAF tightened finances before he sold. Khan would lose a good deal of money if he tried to sell now. He would lose even more if there was added debt.

MJG

So basically do nothing is what some of you want to do.
what if we get promoted at end of 2015-16 which is possible.
you are then looking at two full seasons at least without the stand and stuck at the 25700 limit we have already and were filling up.so fall even further behind those clubs who have the 30K size grounds.
if matchday income is no longer a factor then why bother building anything, why not just have an empty ground?

you need to step back and look at the bigger picture. FFP will and does have an effect on how much we can spend/invest, you need the extra income to allow you to spend more.

GloucesterWhite

If part of the Riverside has to be closed during the work then it makes sense to build as soon as possible. No good waiting until we are promoted and reduce capacity then.

OR

I remember when we had a ruby league team playing at the Cottage - maybe we will share with an American football team?

VicHalomsLovechild

Is the recruitment company also looking for midfielders?

rweller86

http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2064391.html

Stadium costs will not impact FFP, the development would be an investment for Khan and we can still put the appropriate amount of money into the quality of the playing staff.
@rweller

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: f321ffc on February 18, 2015, 03:01:41 PM
The way things are going it should make the redevelopment much easier, if we go down again and have gates of around 10000 there will be no need to use the riverside stand on match days as  in the original plan so it can be shut down and worked on continuously making the job a lot quicker.
Master plan by Mr Khan? fp.gif 079.gif 090.gif

You could be right there.
Never trust a man with a moustache.... 051
:005:

Roberty

Quote from: Baszab on February 18, 2015, 02:55:40 PM
QuoteSo should we wait until we are back in the Premiership? Re-apply for planning permission / consultations etc could take ages. If Khan chooses to invest now and capital investments like this don't affect our FFP or our ability / inclination to invest in the squad and the Academy, it makes sense if you have that level of ambition. Of course if the team fails to deliver then it will take a long time for investment to be paid back .. if ever. But I don't see how this ambition and belief is "pathetic". Optimistic perhaps, naïve possibly, but it shows a commitment to the longer term.

But is it a commitment to long term vision? Why now ? To host possible Premier football in 5 years time? We are so far away from being promoted now that it doesn't smell right. How will it be financed? By loans that Khan can call in ? Huge interest payments like the Glazers did ? Capital investment out of Khan's pocket  - unlikely surely? Does the stadium increase the value of Khan's investment - does it increase earnings potential ?.......not a bit IMHO

Smells of a NFL franchise venue

Smells of an owner looking to a bright future for our club, which you are obviously not.

It will have no impact on the money available for the squad since it is not restricted by FFP and if it is not built now the permission will expire and they would have to start the process all over again.

You also seem to know little about the NFL either since our pitch is far too small to play American Football on.

It would be more believable if you'd suggest that we were being moved to the potential NFL franchise venue - Wembley Stadium - to join the Jaguars
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

dannyboi-ffc

An NFL franchise in such a small stadium lol. Now if we were West Ham moving to the Olympic Stadium I'd say that's a very good point but I fail to see a franchise of that kind settling for a tiny cottage as changing rooms etc.

You were very abrupt and patronising in your defence of Kit saying anyone against him is greedy and impatient. But then you slate the chairman for doing good? Little bit contradicting isn't it?

I'm very happy with the plans, it doesn't affect FFP because you're allowed to improve the club facilities as a way to increase revenue which hopefully results in more money for players. Our threshold will be bigger.

It will only benefit us in the premier league but surely it's best to get it out of the way before we get there, it could be quite disruptive when we are selling out every week.

Khan has alot of faults and I'm not convinced he has the knowledge or knowhow to get us promoted. But even I'm willing to see the good in him when it's merited.

His intentions appear to be for the right reasons and he seems genuine. Juries out though on his capabilities but to be fair so it should be after the way things have been run since he took over
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Roberty on February 18, 2015, 03:34:48 PM

You also seem to know little about the NFL either since our pitch is far too small to play American Football on.

It would be more believable if you'd suggest that we were being moved to the potential NFL franchise venue - Wembley Stadium - to join the Jaguars

I think you will find that our pitch is 110 yds long and an NFL pitch is 120 yards - I'm sure Khan could squeeze another 10 yards out of ours.

f321ffc

Putting aside concerns of  relegation and fears of Mr Khan having  hidden agenda, i must say i am impressed with the proposed redevelopment for the riverside having looked at the KSS site the stand looks great.
I have two hopes first i hope it goes ahead secondly i hope i am still alive to see it because it does seem to be dragging on.
COYW  092.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

colcliff

the problem I see at |Fulham at the moment is everything is for the future
a better ground for the future
young players for the future
younger players being brought in for the future
this is all great but if we are not careful we may not have a future
we keep on about money for players but Bournemouth and Brentford have proved that you do not have to spend millions to Build a good team capable of challenging for promotion. perhaps we should look at our scouting system or what sort of players they are being asked to get

alfie

One of the main problems with CC is that it is a crap place for corporate events/dinners/conferences etc, they can all be money making concerns in the right environment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitesideup

Good post Danny-Boi. A London based NFL franchise at Craven Cottage? Seriously? Even with an increased gate of 30,000 give or take? The NFL is the only sporting franchise that has more money than the Premier League, even after taking the new, increased TV deal into account. They would not settle for such a small venue to host an entire season of a London-based NFL team. Now Wembley they would consider....

Colcliff - I know the world is a dark place, and we are sitting in the shade. Things are not going well, and there is no doubt that some in the club have under-estimated the strength of the squad, probably reassured by a run of good results shortly after Kit took over. It will take a while, and some guile, to get us out of it. Patience may be a virtue, but it's not a lot of fun watching our team slump towards relegation. However, at some stage you may see light at the end of the tunnel, you may see some froth on your beer again (unless you are a pesky lager drinker). Stay the course. The good days will be that much sweeter. 

hovewhite

pointless if we are in the lower divisions,not the premier league.