more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All info regarding the Stadium Redevelopment

Started by General, February 18, 2015, 08:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 19, 2015, 02:58:26 PM
The figures banded about for the redevelopment are around £8-10m, and they have to go out to re-tender and firm up costs - nobody as yet have been awarded the contract.....KSS (the architect) have and are doing the feasibility study, and the majority of steel work will be built off site and brought to site by barge, with a pontoon in the Thames servicing the site.......don't know yet when the job goes out for tender.......personally I think build it sooner rather than later......because if nothing else the build costs will be cheaper now than in say 5 years time, and it brings confidence to the club when attracting new players

This had occurred to me, too, but I think you're the first to post it.

Incidentally : SK - KS - KSS . . . is there something mystical in those letters ?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 18, 2015, 10:40:05 PM
Sorry Nose, Baszab and others, I cannot believe how dense you are being. All the time, we hear people whine that Shahid should invest more money in the team. He's a very rich man and should spend, spend, spend! BUT HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO UNDER THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS OF FFP.

So how can he show his commitment to the Club? How can he spend his own hard earned dosh on the Club? How can he re-assure fans that he is committed? How can he invest massive amounts of money in order to generate an increase in revenues? How can he prove that he is committed to staying at Craven Cottage? What could he possibly do that is OUTSIDE THE RESTRICTIONS OF FFP? Jeez, the bloke can't seem to win with some fans.

You talk about lumbering the Club with a massive debt for the Stand,  but how do you know how it will be financed? Who's to say that he won't do what Mo did and transfer loans into equity in a few years time?

For me, building the new stand is a massive, massive step forward by Fulham and a huge commitment from Shahid. Bring it on!
:plus one: :plus one: 0001.jpeg

nose

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 19, 2015, 03:43:21 PM
Sorry Nose, Baszab and others, I cannot believe how dense you are being. All the time, we hear people whine that Shahid should invest more money in the team. He's a very rich man and should spend, spend, spend! BUT HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO UNDER THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS OF FFP.

So how can he show his commitment to the Club? How can he spend his own hard earned dosh on the Club? How can he re-assure fans that he is committed? How can he invest massive amounts of money in order to generate an increase in revenues? How can he prove that he is committed to staying at Craven Cottage? What could he possibly do that is OUTSIDE THE RESTRICTIONS OF FFP? Jeez, the bloke can't seem to win with some fans.

You talk about lumbering the Club with a massive debt for the Stand,  but how do you know how it will be financed? Who's to say that he won't do what Mo did and transfer loans into equity in a few years time?

For me, building the new stand is a massive, massive step forward by Fulham and a huge commitment from Shahid. Bring it on!

I totally agree.

I want what is best for the club in the long run and just as when eric miller financed the riverside stand and we were totally unsuccesful , that nearly cost us our very existence... different circumstances but same principle.

I do not need to know the detail of how the stand is financed but unless Kahn just underwrites it and there is no debt to the club in the long term, then this is a very risky deal that would threaten our very existence. This is the sort of thing  that in five to ten years (possibly less) i will more than likely be saying, 'I told you so.'
Be careful what you wish for, a man like kahn has no long term family allegiance to fulham like we all have. He is a nice man and I am sure at the moment he will stick by us, but a down turn in his fortunes of his core business could see him drop us like a hot potato and he will seek to cut his losses at our expense. I have run my own reasonable size business for many years and I can assure you this project, if it goes  ahead without being in the top flight is likely to represent a very big risk to our long term well being.

Players will not flock to the club because we have a shiny new stand, they will come if they think we will a) be succesful on the field and b) pay them a decent wage.

As I have said so many times before, I want what is best for us, and what is best is getting the team right AND ONLY THEN with genuine progress in hand will it be sensible to undertake this project.

As far as building costs being greater in 5 years, so will revenues so that should even out.

westcliff white

With all respect Nose, players have never flocked to the club, we work hard to get players (a lot at the end of their carears) in and nuture our own
Every day is a Fulham day

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: nose on February 19, 2015, 04:21:18 PM

I totally agree.

I want what is best for the club in the long run and just as when eric miller financed the riverside stand and we were totally unsuccesful , that nearly cost us our very existence... different circumstances but same principle.

I do not need to know the detail of how the stand is financed but unless Kahn just underwrites it and there is no debt to the club in the long term, then this is a very risky deal that would threaten our very existence. This is the sort of thing  that in five to ten years (possibly less) i will more than likely be saying, 'I told you so.'
Be careful what you wish for, a man like kahn has no long term family allegiance to fulham like we all have. He is a nice man and I am sure at the moment he will stick by us, but a down turn in his fortunes of his core business could see him drop us like a hot potato and he will seek to cut his losses at our expense. I have run my own reasonable size business for many years and I can assure you this project, if it goes  ahead without being in the top flight is likely to represent a very big risk to our long term well being.

Players will not flock to the club because we have a shiny new stand, they will come if they think we will a) be succesful on the field and b) pay them a decent wage.

As I have said so many times before, I want what is best for us, and what is best is getting the team right AND ONLY THEN with genuine progress in hand will it be sensible to undertake this project.

As far as building costs being greater in 5 years, so will revenues so that should even out.

Please explain how if Khan decides to cut his losses it will be at the club's expense (as long as the capital cost and any interest are proportional to the potential benefit even if it takes a few year's to get back to the PL).

Khan can't take the stand with him. He will have to find a buyer and that buyer will factor in any debt and ongoing losses in the price they offer.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 19, 2015, 06:03:51 PM

I totally agree.

Please explain how if Khan decides to cut his losses it will be at the club's expense (as long as the capital cost and any interest are proportional to the potential benefit even if it takes a few year's to get back to the PL).

Khan can't take the stand with him. He will have to find a buyer and that buyer will factor in any debt and ongoing losses in the price they offer.

sorry i didn't make it clear because i thought it obvious
whatever finacing arrangement mr khan employs, unless he pays out of his own pocket with no debt to the club, and i assure you that is the very least likely option, khan will have a massive debt owed to him by the club. if he chooses to call in that debt, then the future of the club becomes in doubt....  this really is very simple stuff that all the people that seem keen on the venture are failing to understand at even the most rudimentary level.

the reason khan wants to persue the new stand is not entirely clear and neither he nor the board have made it apparent to us what their long term strategy is. and from what we have seen so far there is absolutely nothing to suggest we are in anything but abject danger.... don't believe me, you don't have too. just remember this conversation in say five years time..... if we still are not in the prem or making a decent attempt at it see what happens... i unfortunately already know what the outcome will be... it really is that simple.....

for those that think building the stand is  a wonderful idea,without having a team to match, good luck to you.  If I ran my business like that i would not be able to afford a season ticket for a bus let alone watching my team.

Quote from: nose on February 19, 2015, 06:41:26 PM

You talk about lumbering the Club with a massive debt for the Stand,  but how do you know how it will be financed? Who's to say that he won't do what Mo did and transfer loans into equity in a few years time?

I totally agree.

I do not need to know the detail of how the stand is financed but unless Kahn just underwrites it and there is no debt to the club in the long term, then this is a very risky deal that would threaten our very existence. This is the sort of thing  that in five to ten years (possibly less) i will more than likely be saying, 'I told you so.'
Be careful what you wish for, a man like kahn has no long term family allegiance to fulham like we all have. He is a nice man and I am sure at the moment he will stick by us, but a down turn in his fortunes of his core business could see him drop us like a hot potato and he will seek to cut his losses at our expense. I have run my own reasonable size business for many years and I can assure you this project, if it goes  ahead without being in the top flight is likely to represent a very big risk to our long term well being.

whatever finacing arrangement mr khan employs, unless he pays out of his own pocket with no debt to the club, and i assure you that is the very least likely option, khan will have a massive debt owed to him by the club. if he chooses to call in that debt, then the future of the club becomes in doubt....  this really is very simple stuff that all the people that seem keen on the venture are failing to understand at even the most rudimentary level.

the reason khan wants to persue the new stand is not entirely clear and neither he nor the board have made it apparent to us what their long term strategy is. and from what we have seen so far there is absolutely nothing to suggest we are in anything but abject danger.... don't believe me, you don't have too. just remember this conversation in say five years time..... if we still are not in the prem or making a decent attempt at it see what happens... i unfortunately already know what the outcome will be... it really is that simple.....

for those that think building the stand is  a wonderful idea,without having a team to match, good luck to you.  If I ran my business like that i would not be able to afford a season ticket for a bus let alone watching my team.

So Khan calls in his debt, say £30m according to Baszab, against the club he owns forcing the club in to administration.

How does Khan then get back his £200m investment?

MJG

I totally agree.

whatever finacing arrangement mr khan employs, unless he pays out of his own pocket with no debt to the club, and i assure you that is the very least likely option, khan will have a massive debt owed to him by the club. if he chooses to call in that debt, then the future of the club becomes in doubt....  this really is very simple stuff that all the people that seem keen on the venture are failing to understand at even the most rudimentary level.

for those that think building the stand is  a wonderful idea,without having a team to match, good luck to you.  If I ran my business like that i would not be able to afford a season ticket for a bus let alone watching my team.
Of course its clear why they want the stand built.

blingo

You talk about lumbering the Club with a massive debt for the Stand,  but how do you know how it will be financed? Who's to say that he won't do what Mo did and transfer loans into equity in a few years time?

I totally agree.

I do not need to know the detail of how the stand is financed but unless Kahn just underwrites it and there is no debt to the club in the long term, then this is a very risky deal that would threaten our very existence. This is the sort of thing  that in five to ten years (possibly less) i will more than likely be saying, 'I told you so.'
Be careful what you wish for, a man like kahn has no long term family allegiance to fulham like we all have. He is a nice man and I am sure at the moment he will stick by us, but a down turn in his fortunes of his core business could see him drop us like a hot potato and he will seek to cut his losses at our expense. I have run my own reasonable size business for many years and I can assure you this project, if it goes  ahead without being in the top flight is likely to represent a very big risk to our long term well being.

whatever finacing arrangement mr khan employs, unless he pays out of his own pocket with no debt to the club, and i assure you that is the very least likely option, khan will have a massive debt owed to him by the club. if he chooses to call in that debt, then the future of the club becomes in doubt....  this really is very simple stuff that all the people that seem keen on the venture are failing to understand at even the most rudimentary level.

for those that think building the stand is  a wonderful idea,without having a team to match, good luck to you.  If I ran my business like that i would not be able to afford a season ticket for a bus let alone watching my team.

Nose, I too have run successful businesses and don't really see WHERE you are coming from. His business empire is worth over $4,5B USA will continue to buy cars and there are not many out there that can compete with SK's companies, so a downturn is highly unlikely. He has on more than one occasion stated his intention of making us a premiership club, but one that is sustainable within its budgets.
If you had run your businesses like Mr Khan, you would own FFC, not pay to go and watch them Sir..

Andy AB

The advantage of building the stadium while we are not in the Premier is that attendances have already dropped so closing the riverside stand would not have such a big impact.

building now or soon would mean that if we got promotion back into the Premier the stadium would already be of a higher standard and capacity would be greater, allowing extra revenue to be generated from the higher crowds generated in premier.

SG

What makes us think that we will get back to the premiership any time soon. I will be amazed if this happens in the next few seasons and will be even more amazed if the stand is built within that time. I think we are being strung along on promises

Baszab

It would be great to have a brand new stand................I just don't get the timing of it as we watch our beloved club slip down the toilet.

I am just not comfortable with the current owner..........so far   - I can think of many ways to set up a web of companies and build the stand in another corporation financed by loans/onerous interest payments-  in case Khan wants to walk away from FFC after relegation to the third tier and take a haircut on his investments

And for those suggesting that if we don't like it we should buy the club....may I recommend to those slagging off the manager that they go and get their coaching badges and apply for the job !!

FulhamStu

I totally agree.

Sorry mate that is just not true.  Khan has said repeatedly that he sees the development of a new stand as a way of bringing in additional revenue via match day corporate stuff additional match day income and non match day revenue from various items like restautants bars and stuff.   It will then support us v FFP.

millsy

Strategic, long-term projects such as this don't happen overnight. I think it is naive to think that you can just wait to see how results go and then decide to start work. Contractors aren't going to standby awaiting a call to start and materials need to be procured well in advance etc.

From planning to completion, such a project takes years, not moths and it isn't possible to stop and start, depending on how the team is doing. Our owner had to make a commitment to the rebuild or scrap it for the foreseeable future. I for one am happy that he is steadfast and sees the bigger picture.

As for SK calling in our debt and breaking us, this simply makes no sense whatsoever. This would be self-defeating and he would face a loss of his initial investment, plus whatever else he has funded since e.g. The Greek and supermac. If he wanted out, surely he would do the same as MAF and find a buyer, albeit at a knockdown price but at least cutting his losses.

It's easy to scaremonger but, to date, I've seen no evidence to suggest that SK has jumped in with both feet and intends to be here for the long-haul. Plans and sentiments can of course change but until his actions suggest otherwise, I say back him.

p.s. If you think about it, a decision not to proceed with the development would be much more worrying!

ron

Quote from: millsy on February 19, 2015, 10:23:55 PM
..... such a project takes years, not moths.......

So the club isn't in the hands of fly-by-nights as we all feared after all....?

Quote from: Baszab on February 19, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
It would be great to have a brand new stand................I just don't get the timing of it as we watch our beloved club slip down the toilet.

I am just not comfortable with the current owner..........so far   - I can think of many ways to set up a web of companies and build the stand in another corporation financed by loans/onerous interest payments-  in case Khan wants to walk away from FFC after relegation to the third tier and take a haircut on his investments

And for those suggesting that if we don't like it we should buy the club....may I recommend to those slagging off the manager that they go and get their coaching badges and apply for the job !!

Please explain how this financing works. Let's assume your costs of £30m plus an interest rate of 50% to a Khan company. How does Khan 'walk away'? Presumably we either go into administration or a new buyer comes forward. How is Khan not adding to his 'haircut' by financing the redevelopment?

Andy AB

After appointment of Riggs statement from Khan

"This reorganisation will also permit our CEO, Alistair Mackintosh, to train his efforts on matters that are immensely important to the present and future of Fulham Football Club. To be a sustainable club we must ensure that Craven Cottage and our training facilities are world class. The renovation and reinvention of the Riverside Stand is a signature and historic project for your Club, and it requires expert leadership to see it through. Alistair has my complete trust and confidence to oversee this initiative as well as other critically important endeavours, including the potential expansion of our Motspur Park training site. These projects along with growing the Fulham brand through our commercial efforts will support our goal to ensure that we remain – and always will be – a stable and successful Club."

This pretty much means Mackintosh will be dealing with stadium development.