watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: "Sack The Board"

Started by Nick Bateman, February 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

"Sack The Board" is the chant I want to hear at our next home game.  Fulham languish 5th from bottom perilously above relegation, putting all Mohamed Al Fayed's work back TWENTY YEARS!

The appointment of Mike Rigg is as bad as the Ali Mack era; "Rigsby" lives up to his nickname taken from a stingey landlord in a sitcom.  He spent nothing in the January 'sales' and has spent nothing now.

Being in the Championship we can buy players from the lower leagues outside of the transfer window, or doesn't anyone know about that!?  Seems none of the board do.

If Rigsby does nothing, why are we paying his salary?  Why are we keeping on Ali Mack who mis-handled all that to put us where we are now??

Khan has a history of acting far too late - his removal of Magath was dragged out so long the media were making jokes about his methods at the club; it was embarrassing!  One wonders how Khan ever became a multi-billionaire when he shows a lack of decisiveness that would not have happen under Chairman Mo.

If these board members are doing nothing but being paid handsomely while the fans suffer, then they have to act now or go!  I'm tired of seeing the most lethargic football Fulham have played since the days when we were at the foot of the league.

Tired of seeing Kit Symons in his hush puppies and wooly jumper doing nothing while the team stroll to decline.

It is a crisis situation and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can recover.

We the FANS cannot allow them to take Fulham down another division!  We must demand the heads of those responsible, that being the incompetent members of board taking wads of cash while we suffer!!

I'll see you V Derby!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alexbishop

Mike Rigg is still working with the FA and doesn't officially start with us until the summer to my knowledge...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Nero

putting all Mohamed Al Fayed's work back TWENTY YEARS! Fayed did a good job of that himself

Jambo

Rigg starts in March.  Research is everything when it comes to posts like this.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cmg

OK. The OP's argument is, perhaps, somewhat undermined by the fact that the bloke whose work he is slagging off hasn't actually started work yet. But anticipation is everything in this game. We should keep this one on file until Riggs actually does start work when he will immediately, I am sure, become the latest in a long line of scapegoats.

Logicalman

MaF undid so much of his own work in the last 2 years of his stewardship, so don't bother with this rubbishing a guy that wasn't even here for the time we dropped.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

res

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM
"Sack The Board" is the chant I want to hear at our next home game.  Fulham languish 5th from bottom perilously above relegation, putting all Mohamed Al Fayed's work back TWENTY YEARS!

The appointment of Mike Rigg is as bad as the Ali Mack era; "Rigsby" lives up to his nickname taken from a stingey landlord in a sitcom.  He spent nothing in the January 'sales' and has spent nothing now.

Being in the Championship we can buy players from the lower leagues outside of the transfer window, or doesn't anyone know about that!?  Seems none of the board do.

If Rigsby does nothing, why are we paying his salary?  Why are we keeping on Ali Mack who mis-handled all that to put us where we are now??

Khan has a history of acting far too late - his removal of Magath was dragged out so long the media were making jokes about his methods at the club; it was embarrassing!  One wonders how Khan ever became a multi-billionaire when he shows a lack of decisiveness that would not have happen under Chairman Mo.

If these board members are doing nothing but being paid handsomely while the fans suffer, then they have to act now or go!  I'm tired of seeing the most lethargic football Fulham have played since the days when we were at the foot of the league.

Tired of seeing Kit Symons in his hush puppies and wooly jumper doing nothing while the team stroll to decline.

It is a crisis situation and the sooner it is dealt with the sooner we can recover.

We the FANS cannot allow them to take Fulham down another division!  We must demand the heads of those responsible, that being the incompetent members of board taking wads of cash while we suffer!!

I'll see you V Derby!

res

Chanting "Sack the Board" is going to be really helpful. Who sacks them and who replaces the cash it takes to run a football club?
Irrespective of this, Riggs doesn't start working for us until April so it seems a bit harsh, to put it mildly, to put the blame on him for anything and everything that has happened in the last year. Think this thread needs a bit more thought and research...or just bin it

Baszab

Riggs out - might as well get that one in early - he has been useless so far

colinwhite

Nick you have written some pretty bizarre posts  since I have been active on this website , but this one just about takes the biscuit !

Thamesbank

Not buying anyone in Jan was totally down to Symons and his let's not rock the boat stance.

Baszab

Thamesbank - I am sorry that is an inaccurate statement - there were three of four direct targets, all of which unfortunately fell through

St Eve

I guess Nicks point is why are the board not responsible for this fiasco. They ultimately hire and fire managers and apporove transfers and loans. One of the worst decisions in our history was hiring Felix. Who recommended it and who sanctioned it?

Twig

Quote from: Thamesbank on February 22, 2015, 03:01:50 PM
Not buying anyone in Jan was totally down to Symons and his let's not rock the boat stance.

And you know that how?  I am interested, do you have an "in" at a senior level at the club that the rest of us don't?

Nick Bateman

Point taken I went by the news of the appointment of Rigsby to said post.  So Ali Mack, the man who sacked Jol, Rene Meulensteen, Alan Curbishley, Wilkins and appointed Magath, approved of paying over £22million on two strikers, one who wasn't fit, allowing almost our entire Premiership quality team to leave and being slow to dismiss Magath is STILL at the helm!!??

There will be NOTHING LEFT for Rigsby to do when he finally does take charge because the know-nothing-vote-No-Scot is DESTROYING this great "Manchester United Of The South" club, the only non-PL team with a muliti-billionaire owner!

If we do not chant "Sack The Board" at the next home game, we are as at fault for this mess as they are!

049:gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2015, 03:08:39 PM
Thamesbank - I am sorry that is an inaccurate statement - there were three of four direct targets, all of which unfortunately fell through

Name them...

cmg

Quote from: St Eve on February 22, 2015, 03:14:31 PM
I guess Nicks point is why are the board not responsible for this fiasco. They ultimately hire and fire managers and apporove transfers and loans. One of the worst decisions in our history was hiring Felix. Who recommended it and who sanctioned it?

If that was his point, that's what he should have written. Instead of slagging off the one bloke in the whole organization who couldn't possibly have been blamed for any part of the fiasco.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The Board consists of Alistair Mackintosh, CEO with a background in accountancy, Sean O'Loughlin, Finance Director and Mark Lamping, President of Jacksonville Jaguars. Khan allowed the other members of MAF's Board to leave and only added Lamping so the Board has lots of experience in running a sports business but only Mackintosh's experience of running a football club and no experience of football club management.

Quite a few of us questioned the wisdom of a new owner with no experience of 'soccer', the PL, relegation, selecting football managers and buying players having such a limited Board and no obvious experienced voice with football knowledge to advise him. Many of the key decisions in Khan's reign seem to reflect this lack of experience.

Logicalman

Apprentice, I can see the point in what you say, but I would have believed that AM might have said something to Khan regarding the other, more experienced, board members' departure. Was it the case of jumped or pushed?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 22, 2015, 03:55:04 PM
The Board consists of Alistair Mackintosh, CEO with a background in accountancy, Sean O'Loughlin, Finance Director and Mark Lamping, President of Jacksonville Jaguars. Khan allowed the other members of MAF's Board to leave and only added Lamping so the Board has lots of experience in running a sports business but only Mackintosh's experience of running a football club and no experience of football club management.

Quite a few of us questioned the wisdom of a new owner with no experience of 'soccer', the PL, relegation, selecting football managers and buying players having such a limited Board and no obvious experienced voice with football knowledge to advise him. Many of the key decisions in Khan's reign seem to reflect this lack of experience.

Succinctly stated in four sentences what I laboured to say in 20.  Point being, Ali Mack is STILL in charge.  The "Vote NO" Scot has already wasted multi-millions (on 2 players), sacked a manager whose football was the best seen at the Cottage in many seasons, allowed a washed-up German to take us down then to the bottom of next division before a belated removal, bought nobody in January despite seeing issues under Symons and has still done nothing to this date, because he is trying to impress the inexperienced Khan with a nice looking bank balance.

That balance sheet will be worthless if Fulham are in Division 1 playing the likes of Fleetwood and Yeovil.

"Sack The Board" must be sung at the next home game (Derby) and that means Ali Mack gets the sack!