watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: "Sack The Board"

Started by Nick Bateman, February 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

But Nick, isn't the ides of bringing in MR to reduce AMs influence on this? Sacking the board is tantamount to cutting off the head because of a mole on the cheek.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Logicalman on February 22, 2015, 04:31:38 PM
But Nick, isn't the ides of bringing in MR to reduce AMs influence on this? Sacking the board is tantamount to cutting off the head because of a mole on the cheek.

Logical,  I said we should chant "Sack The Board" at the next home game.  This will get through to our 'head-in-the-Alabama sand' Khan that he needs to get something going and urgently and it usually is the only way indifferent owners wake up and smell the coffee as the Yanks would say!

Sacking Ali Mack also would tell the rest to get their fingers out, get off their humongous backsides and work damn hard at getting Fulham back to safety.

No more Mr.Nice Guy, from the lot of us!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

TWFL

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 22, 2015, 04:44:23 PM

Logical,  I said we should chant "Sack The Board" at the next home game.  This will get through to our 'head-in-the-Alabama sand' Khan that he needs to get something going and urgently and it usually is the only way indifferent owners wake up and smell the coffee as the Yanks would say!

Sacking Ali Mack also would tell the rest to get their fingers out, get off their humongous backsides and work damn hard at getting Fulham back to safety.

You have some very odd nicknames for the people at our club.. Nonetheless, chanting sack the board is pointless. The idea of bringing in Mike Rigg is to lessen the footballing input that Ali Mac has, so he can be left to manage finances etc. as he is more than qualified to do. Khan has realised already that AM wasn't doing well enough, hence the appointment of Rigg. Give him some time to make an impact and you might see the changes you, and everyone else, wants.

MJG

Do you have a spare £100m or so to do this?

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 22, 2015, 04:44:23 PM

Logical,  I said we should chant "Sack The Board" at the next home game.  This will get through to our 'head-in-the-Alabama sand' Khan that he needs to get something going and urgently and it usually is the only way indifferent owners wake up and smell the coffee as the Yanks would say!

Wouldn't it be better (more pointed and catchy) to just chant "Sack Mac! Sack Mac!" as it gets the exact message across and rhymes as a bonus !!  :clap_hands:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Peabody

Nick you do let yourself down, most of us on here knee that Mike Rigg was not starting until March and yet you lay some blame on him when he hasn't even started the job you claim that he has done badly in. That aside, you want to get rid of anyone and everyone, in earlier thread you state that those who want Kit to go, are better fans than those of us who don't (diehards you call us). Well, I am in that camp and like I have said to Wooly Mammoth, who has hinted the same thing, just because I support my club differently to you and your ilk, does not make any less a fan. I know we are not doing well but I choose to go to games, unlike a lot of Kits harshest critics and support Fulham in the bestway, that I know how.

So Nick, please do some research before embarking on one your campaigns.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 22, 2015, 04:24:43 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 22, 2015, 03:55:04 PM
The Board consists of Alistair Mackintosh, CEO with a background in accountancy, Sean O'Loughlin, Finance Director and Mark Lamping, President of Jacksonville Jaguars. Khan allowed the other members of MAF's Board to leave and only added Lamping so the Board has lots of experience in running a sports business but only Mackintosh's experience of running a football club and no experience of football club management.

Quite a few of us questioned the wisdom of a new owner with no experience of 'soccer', the PL, relegation, selecting football managers and buying players having such a limited Board and no obvious experienced voice with football knowledge to advise him. Many of the key decisions in Khan's reign seem to reflect this lack of experience.

Succinctly stated in four sentences what I laboured to say in 20.  Point being, Ali Mack is STILL in charge.  The "Vote NO" Scot has already wasted multi-millions (on 2 players), sacked a manager whose football was the best seen at the Cottage in many seasons, allowed a washed-up German to take us down then to the bottom of next division before a belated removal, bought nobody in January despite seeing issues under Symons and has still done nothing to this date, because he is trying to impress the inexperienced Khan with a nice looking bank balance.

That balance sheet will be worthless if Fulham are in Division 1 playing the likes of Fleetwood and Yeovil.

"Sack The Board" must be sung at the next home game (Derby) and that means Ali Mack gets the sack!

You, like many others, are making the assumption that Alistair Mackintosh has been in charge and was the sole or the leading figure behind key poor decisions. I have no knowledge of how the decisions were being made and I suspect no one else on here has either.

I was making the rather more general point that the Board lost experienced members who were not replaced and there does not seem to have been any footballing experience to advise Khan.

Let us hope that Mike Rigg can provide that sound advice.

alfie

Was it not that long ago that Khan said that he was removing Mac from footballing to concentrate on stadium/business affairs, if that is the case he may not be responsible for any of the goings on with regards to the football decisions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Roberty

I keep seeing threads that mention the fact that we did not sign any players during the last transfer window - but none one has put a name to anyone we missed out on.

To be bunt - if we are talking about player who would make a difference - who in their right mind would want to sign for us?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Luka

Quote from: Roberty on February 22, 2015, 07:14:24 PM
I keep seeing threads that mention the fact that we did not sign any players during the last transfer window - but none one has put a name to anyone we missed out on.

To be bunt - if we are talking about player who would make a difference - who in their right mind would want to sign for us?

Bang on.
Who would want to join this pile of wannabe's and has beens.
Joining Fulham in free fall could ruin any good or promising career.
Fulham and more importantly the current management isn't going to be a major attraction to anyone half decent.

Jem

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 22, 2015, 04:24:43 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 22, 2015, 03:55:04 PM
The Board consists of Alistair Mackintosh, CEO with a background in accountancy, Sean O'Loughlin, Finance Director and Mark Lamping, President of Jacksonville Jaguars. Khan allowed the other members of MAF's Board to leave and only added Lamping so the Board has lots of experience in running a sports business but only Mackintosh's experience of running a football club and no experience of football club management.

Quite a few of us questioned the wisdom of a new owner with no experience of 'soccer', the PL, relegation, selecting football managers and buying players having such a limited Board and no obvious experienced voice with football knowledge to advise him. Many of the key decisions in Khan's reign seem to reflect this lack of experience.

Succinctly stated in four sentences what I laboured to say in 20.  Point being, Ali Mack is STILL in charge.  The "Vote NO" Scot has already wasted multi-millions (on 2 players), sacked a manager whose football was the best seen at the Cottage in many seasons, allowed a washed-up German to take us down then to the bottom of next division before a belated removal, bought nobody in January despite seeing issues under Symons and has still done nothing to this date, because he is trying to impress the inexperienced Khan with a nice looking bank balance.

That balance sheet will be worthless if Fulham are in Division 1 playing the likes of Fleetwood and Yeovil.

"Sack The Board" must be sung at the next home game (Derby) and that means Ali Mack gets the sack!
Nick, with all due respect, if every football chairman acted on the chants of their clubs fans there would be chaos. For a start most would be physically impossible!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2015, 07:32:53 PM
Ok Nick, I take your point about Rigsby, but where's Miss Jones in all this ?

That's Sarah Brookes!

Nick Bateman

So many points to ponder and respond to while I was away from the keyboard.  I shall have a long think about this overnight.

Main thing is we start being proactive, as opposed to the so-called people in charge.  But re Peabody's view, as I said, it is far easier for moi to drape oneself in black&white and proclaim everything is rosey in the garden, but those who actually spot that the emperor is stark naked and say so, knowing they will receive the jibe that they are being disloyal are worth their salt, in my opinion.

Forgive my rambling it is late!

Peabody

I did not say everything is roses etc. if you read what I said, it was that some support in different ways.

Burt

What's Plan B? Sack the board, and then what? And given our resources etc. what will anyone else be able to do that will be markedly different than what has gone on already? Fact of the matter is we are not a large club and we don't have sacks of cash.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Logicalman on February 22, 2015, 04:58:28 PM

Wouldn't it be better (more pointed and catchy) to just chant "Sack Mac! Sack Mac!" as it gets the exact message across and rhymes as a bonus !!  :clap_hands:

"Sack The Board" is the standard chant football fans around the country know, and in a way, criticises the leadership of Khan.  This, I believe, will produce action.

Either some heads will roll and the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action, or, nobody will be removed but the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action! 

To answer Burt's point, Plan A is not working whatever yours or Peabody's misplaced loyalty is, you both must agree with that.  We need Plan B, C or other.

As for not having wads of cash, we have!!!  In the space of 12 months Fulham have spent £22million on 2 players - name any club in the lesser divisions that can do that??  We are receiving a parachute payment of over £35million pa.  We are owned by a multi-billionaire, all clear indications of our monetary 'muscle'.  Also there is no point redeveloping and expanding a stadium for greater capacity and attract customers when the team languishes with the likes of Yeovil & Fleetwood!

Instead of our soon-to-be re-shuffled/demoted Ali Mack spending a HUGE sum on 1 player, why not buy 3 or 4 players with £10million?  In the past we acquired Barry Hayles from non-league, Chris Coleman from Blackbum, I can go on.  And we do not need Ali Mack to be paid thousands of pounds every week to do that - anyone with half a brain can do this, which he clearly hasn't.

cmg

Barry Hayles was signed (for a then hefty £2m) from Bristol Rovers who were not, then, a non-league side. Hayles had been Div2 leading scorer when he joined us.

Blackburn had been PL champions the year before we bought Coleman  for £2.1m. Then a club record and a record for a third tier side.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 01:16:51 PM
 We are receiving a parachute payment of over £35million pa.

Just to clarify we are not getting £35M per year.

the breakdown is as follows:
2014-15  £24.1M
2015-16  £19.3M
2016-17  £9.7M
2017-18  £9.7M

As such in this year we will have a reduction of £39.2M in PL & tv money.
This is without taking into account a recution Matchday income & sponsorship deals.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: cmg on February 23, 2015, 01:33:43 PM

Barry Hayles was signed (for a then hefty £2m) from Bristol Rovers who were not, then, a non-league side. Hayles had been Div2 leading scorer when he joined us.

Blackburn had been PL champions the year before we bought Coleman  for £2.1m. Then a club record and a record for a third tier side.

fp.gif Maybe you should add "but can't be bothered to check my facts" onto Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 22, 2015, 04:58:28 PM

Wouldn't it be better (more pointed and catchy) to just chant "Sack Mac! Sack Mac!" as it gets the exact message across and rhymes as a bonus !!  :clap_hands:

"Sack The Board" is the standard chant football fans around the country know, and in a way, criticises the leadership of Khan.  This, I believe, will produce action.

Either some heads will roll and the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action, or, nobody will be removed but the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action! 

To answer Burt's point, Plan A is not working whatever yours or Peabody's misplaced loyalty is, you both must agree with that.  We need Plan B, C or other.

As for not having wads of cash, we have!!!  In the space of 12 months Fulham have spent £22million on 2 players - name any club in the lesser divisions that can do that??  We are receiving a parachute payment of over £35million pa.  We are owned by a multi-billionaire, all clear indications of our monetary 'muscle'.  Also there is no point redeveloping and expanding a stadium for greater capacity and attract customers when the team languishes with the likes of Yeovil & Fleetwood!

Instead of our soon-to-be re-shuffled/demoted Ali Mack spending a HUGE sum on 1 player, why not buy 3 or 4 players with £10million?  In the past we acquired Barry Hayles from non-league, Chris Coleman from Blackbum, I can go on.  And we do not need Ali Mack to be paid thousands of pounds every week to do that - anyone with half a brain can do this, which he clearly hasn't.

Dear oh dear Nick, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?