more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: "Sack The Board"

Started by Nick Bateman, February 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Quote from: cmg on February 23, 2015, 01:33:43 PM

Barry Hayles was signed (for a then hefty £2m) from Bristol Rovers who were not, then, a non-league side. Hayles had been Div2 leading scorer when he joined us.

Blackburn had been PL champions the year before we bought Coleman  for £2.1m. Then a club record and a record for a third tier side.

Which adds up to £4million, still £6m left from a £10m transfer swoop!  Also showed what an ambitious chairman we had then, who employed people who spotted how talented these two individuals were as well as several others.

How different it is now under "clueless" Khan, with a brainless Scotsman spending irratically, penny-pinching one moment, spurlging copious wads the next.  The fans are sick of it, and can see the writing-on-the-wall, and we have to act now to save the club from doom!

"Sack The Board" must be the next chant versus Derby - I promise you, such an outcry of feeling from supporters will shake  Khan's foundations all the way to Albama!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on February 23, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
What's Plan B? Sack the board, and then what? And given our resources etc. what will anyone else be able to do that will be markedly different than what has gone on already? Fact of the matter is we are not a large club and we don't have sacks of cash.

Plan B is sack all the players and replace them with .... er, yeah, we tried that didn't we?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 22, 2015, 04:58:28 PM

Wouldn't it be better (more pointed and catchy) to just chant "Sack Mac! Sack Mac!" as it gets the exact message across and rhymes as a bonus !!  :clap_hands:

"Sack The Board" is the standard chant football fans around the country know, and in a way, criticises the leadership of Khan.  This, I believe, will produce action.

Either some heads will roll and the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action, or, nobody will be removed but the financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action! 

To answer Burt's point, Plan A is not working whatever yours or Peabody's misplaced loyalty is, you both must agree with that.  We need Plan B, C or other.

As for not having wads of cash, we have!!!  In the space of 12 months Fulham have spent £22million on 2 players - name any club in the lesser divisions that can do that??  We are receiving a parachute payment of over £35million pa.  We are owned by a multi-billionaire, all clear indications of our monetary 'muscle'.  Also there is no point redeveloping and expanding a stadium for greater capacity and attract customers when the team languishes with the likes of Yeovil & Fleetwood!

Instead of our soon-to-be re-shuffled/demoted Ali Mack spending a HUGE sum on 1 player, why not buy 3 or 4 players with £10million?  In the past we acquired Barry Hayles from non-league, Chris Coleman from Blackbum, I can go on.  And we do not need Ali Mack to be paid thousands of pounds every week to do that - anyone with half a brain can do this, which he clearly hasn't.

Well, I guess my "misplaced" loyalty is to my club, and ergo, to the owner of that club.

So, what you're saying is Sack the Board will get the "financial arm of the board will galvanize into affirmative action", so what was spending 22 million then? Non-affirmative action?

I think you needed to stay with your original argument of Sack the Board, at least it appeared to have some, if little, credence to it sir!   
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

Barry Hayles was signed (for a then hefty £2m) from Bristol Rovers who were not, then, a non-league side. Hayles had been Div2 leading scorer when he joined us.

Blackburn had been PL champions the year before we bought Coleman  for £2.1m. Then a club record and a record for a third tier side.

Which adds up to £4million, still £6m left from a £10m transfer swoop!  Also showed what an ambitious chairman we had then, who employed people who spotted how talented these two individuals were as well as several others.

How different it is now under "clueless" Khan, with a brainless Scotsman spending irratically, penny-pinching one moment, spurlging copious wads the next.  The fans are sick of it, and can see the writing-on-the-wall, and we have to act now to save the club from doom!

"Sack The Board" must be the next chant versus Derby - I promise you, such an outcry of feeling from supporters will shake  Khan's foundations all the way to Albama!!
You do realise that there was no scouting network back then and Keegan and Wilkins both admit they had money to spend so just went through the Rothman's yearbook finding players to buy... Today it would be football manager they looked at.

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

Why Albama(sic)?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Logicalman on February 23, 2015, 04:25:40 PM

Why Albama(sic)?

Home of the Jaguars, Khan's other sports interest, I believe.

Plan B is for whoever is doing the scouting to actually buy somebody (a few players) before Fulham join Fleetwood and Yeovil.  If Ali Mack cannot be #rsed because his days milking the gravy train are numbered, then remove him NOW and have someone else competant to do the job.

We have the money to do this, unlike a few pessimists have attempted to say otherwise.  Fulham are the richest club outside of the Premier League!  It's time to start spending our way out of danger before the nice man in the hush puppies & wooly jumper proves his lack of experience to our bitter demise.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 04:39:15 PM

Why Albama(sic)?

Plan B is for whoever is doing the scouting to actually buy somebody (a few players) before Fulham join Fleetwood and Yeovil.  If Ali Mack cannot be #rsed because his days milking the gravy train are numbered, then remove him NOW and have someone else competant to do the job.

We have the money to do this, unlike a few pessimists have attempted to say otherwise.  Fulham are the richest club outside of the Premier League!  It's time to start spending our way out of danger before the nice man in the hush puppies & wooly jumper proves his lack of experience to our bitter demise.
Explain how to spend when this year for a start we can now lose £8m due to FFP?
Does not matter how much Khan is worth.

f321ffc

Why Albama(sic)?

Plan B is for whoever is doing the scouting to actually buy somebody (a few players) before Fulham join Fleetwood and Yeovil.  If Ali Mack cannot be #rsed because his days milking the gravy train are numbered, then remove him NOW and have someone else competant to do the job.

We have the money to do this, unlike a few pessimists have attempted to say otherwise.  Fulham are the richest club outside of the Premier League!  It's time to start spending our way out of danger before the nice man in the hush puppies & wooly jumper proves his lack of experience to our bitter demise.
Khan may be the richest club owner outside the premiership but that does not make Fulham the richest club outside the premiership, judging by what`s been spent this season  we don't have a pot  to pee in. :dead horse:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 04:43:39 PM

Ifs and maybes.  One gets nothing for nowt, as the Northerners would say, which means, one can't win the raffle if one doesn't buy a ticket!

We bought Matt Smith for £500,000 but Symons in his omnipotent(sic) wisdom decided not to give him one full game!!!  We must do more signings like that for the long term good of Fulham, not the balance sheet of one season which Ali Mack is obviously trying to impress his boss with.

The FFP means zero if Fulham are relegated, surely you can understand that point?!

Yes, it is a test of how committed Khan is to Fulham's future; I still believe he is, despite the latest lack of funds.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 04:43:39 PM

Ifs and maybes.  One gets nothing for nowt, as the Northerners would say, which means, one can't win the raffle if one doesn't buy a ticket!

We bought Matt Smith for £500,000 but Symons in his omnipotent(sic) wisdom decided not to give him one full game!!!  We must do more signings like that for the long term good of Fulham, not the balance sheet of one season which Ali Mack is obviously trying to impress his boss with.

The FFP means zero if Fulham are relegated, surely you can understand that point?!

Yes, it is a test of how committed Khan is to Fulham's future; I still believe he is, despite the latest lack of funds.
Well FFP does mean something even if we are relegated due to the way FL have their rules.
But clearly you don't quite know how to use facts as you have continually been corrected by other posters throughout this thread so I'll not bother explaining why to you as you would just ignore it.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 05:06:12 PM

Well FFP does mean something even if we are relegated due to the way FL have their rules.
But clearly you don't quite know how to use facts as you have continually been corrected by other posters throughout this thread so I'll not bother explaining why to you as you would just ignore it.

Easy way to get out of explaining the imponderables you are uncertain about!  I'll have to remember that one. 

As I stated, even if Fulham incur a financial penalty because of FFP it would be worth every penny, if it meant we brought in a few players who helped the team stay up! 

That surely is the bottom line.

Logicalman

Why Albama(sic)?

You're correct in that they are the Jaguars mate, but with respect, your research is a little off (by about 250 miles and a State). They are the Jacksonville Jaguars, as in Jacksonville Florida, where Fulham played this past Summer. Easy to do if you live in Europe though.

Baszab

Out of interest - does anyone have to hand the latest FFC accounts or shall I get on to CH ?

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 05:16:14 PM

Easy way to get out of explaining the imponderables you are uncertain about!  I'll have to remember that one. 

As I stated, even if Fulham incur a financial penalty because of FFP it would be worth every penny, if it meant we brought in a few players who helped the team stay up! 

Emotionally then yes, but not too sure about the actual financial side of it all, and that's what the board is surely looking at, don't you feel?

MJG

Quote from: Baszab on February 23, 2015, 05:17:49 PM
Out of interest - does anyone have to hand the latest FFC accounts or shall I get on to CH ?
Last account filed were for 2012-13, I think the next ones for 13-14 will be out next month

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 05:16:14 PM

A fine is one way the league could do us for overspending and failure  to pay could also lead to not being invited to play in the FL.
We simply can't overspend and expect no retribution.
You are just falling into the trap of let's throw money at something and hope it works,  when actually it could lead to even more trouble in the long term.

Baszab

Thanks MJG - I've seen those, 13/14 should be interesting !
Still so much that can be hidden though on the FPP (e.g. Man City and the fiddling of the stadium sponsorship)

MJG

Quote from: Baszab on February 23, 2015, 05:26:36 PM
Thanks MJG - I've seen those, 13/14 should be interesting !
Still so much that can be hidden though on the FPP (e.g. Man City and the fiddling of the stadium sponsorship)
Stadium sponsorship and others like that have to be at a going rate. In other words Khan could not just say here is £50m for calling Craven Cottage some other name.
I'm expecting the 13-14 accounts to make very unhappy reading on two fronts..
The wages which will have gone in excess of £75m and wages to turnover ratio  which will possibly be at the 95/98% mark.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 05:22:13 PM

A fine is one way the league could do us for overspending and failure  to pay could also lead to not being invited to play in the FL.
We simply can't overspend and expect no retribution.
You are just falling into the trap of let's throw money at something and hope it works,  when actually it could lead to even more trouble in the long term.

Why should we not pay a fine?  That's a ridiculous extreme to try and justify the board's lack of funds in our moment of dire need.  Fulham are a historic club.  We are Fulham not Fleetwood and I'm pretty sure the FL would not be biased against us.

As for transfer fees, Fulham have spent £11m as we know, but we recouped £5.5m on Ashcan Dejagah, hardly worthy of a FFP slap-on-the-wrist. We have shed most of our biggest earners, apart from Ali Mack, who earns the most money for sitting on his big Tartan bottom every day, waiting for the proberbial sword of damocles at end of this term.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Logicalman on February 23, 2015, 05:17:35 PM
They are the Jacksonville Jaguars, as in Jacksonville Florida, where Fulham played this past Summer. Easy to do if you live in Europe though.

Yes I do recall that now.  I blame a dodgy browser which showed the Jaguars in Alabama.  To be honest, they could be in Timbuktu for all I care about them.