https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: "Sack The Board"

Started by Nick Bateman, February 22, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 05:36:32 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 05:22:13 PM

A fine is one way the league could do us for overspending and failure  to pay could also lead to not being invited to play in the FL.
We simply can't overspend and expect no retribution.
You are just falling into the trap of let's throw money at something and hope it works,  when actually it could lead to even more trouble in the long term.

Why should we not pay a fine?  That's a ridiculous extreme to try and justify the board's lack of funds in our moment of dire need.  Fulham are a historic club.  We are Fulham not Fleetwood and I'm pretty sure the FL would not be biased against us.

As for transfer fees, Fulham have spent £11m as we know, but we recouped £5.5m on Ashcan Dejagah, hardly worthy of a FFP slap-on-the-wrist. We have shed most of our biggest earners, apart from Ali Mack, who earns the most money for sitting on his big Tartan bottom every day, waiting for the proberbial sword of damocles at end of this term.
For start we have n knowledge on how much of the wages of the players on loan we are paying.
Parker if the figures are right is on around 1.5-2m a year, more than Ally Mac who wages can be seen in the accounts as a paid director.
Also just because we sell a player for say £5m it's not accounted for the total figure unless we receive the full amount. Many transfers are installments which can confuse the figures when looking to see of we have a surplus or not.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 05:44:07 PM

Also just because we sell a player for say £5m it's not accounted for the total figure unless we receive the full amount. Many transfers are installments which can confuse the figures when looking to see of we have a surplus or not.

Equally the £11million could have been made in instalments and most likely was!  The same argument can be used both ways. 
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 05:46:35 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2015, 05:44:07 PMAlso just because we sell a player for say £5m it's not accounted for the total figure unless we receive the full amount. Many transfers are installments which can confuse the figures when looking to see of we have a surplus or not.

Equally the £11million could have been made in instalments and most likely was!  The same argument can be used both ways.
Exactly,  so you can't use your original argument that we spent 11 and had 5 in to show a difference as we don't know the breakdown of it.
If we paid 5 up front to Leeds and only got 2.5 this year for Dejagah then we are down on those two deals for this year.

Nick Bateman

Spending (according to your example) £2.5million does not fall foul of any fair play regulations so the point is moot.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 06:02:25 PMSpending (according to your example) £2.5million does not fall foul of any fair play regulations so the point is moot.
It doesn't but when you are looking at only being allowed an 8m loss in total,  there is not much room for the wild expenditure that you and many advocate. We will know more in  November when the FL publish the FFP figures for this season and we will see then the facts for this seasons transfers.
It's one reason why I see us selling at least one of the younger players this summer for a decent fee to pay for the purchase of 2-3 players fro the first team.  And that's the model we have to go forward with,  bring through youngsters,  sell one or two a season to finance the team. It's not always going to work like that but it's the business plan.

VicHalomsLovechild

The £4 mill the Club spent on Hayles and Cookie back in 98 according to one of those online historic inflation calculators is £10.5 mill in todays money. So it would appear the Club has been pretty consistent in it's spending.
We're not having the best of times lately. New owner, four different managers, players in and out so we're now relying on a really mixed bag in a league where strength wins out over skills.
I think the answer is put up with it or go and watch someone else. 

Roberty

The saying "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind - lots of it here me thinks
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nick Bateman

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 23, 2015, 07:33:25 PM
The £4 mill the Club spent on Hayles and Cookie back in 98 according to one of those online historic inflation calculators is £10.5 mill in todays money. So it would appear the Club has been pretty consistent in it's spending.
We're not having the best of times lately. New owner, four different managers, players in and out so we're now relying on a really mixed bag in a league where strength wins out over skills.

That was the attitude of those who backed Magath and where did it take us??  Sorry VicHalom Junior, I will NOT accept the rotten standards, amateurish business acumen and the final nail put in Fulham's quest to return to the top division put back another 2 years.

MJG's non-stop excusing awful management at the top by Ali Mack and to a degree Khan which has left us in this predicament, does not make any common sense.

If as MJG claims (and he does not know), Fulham may fall foul of Financial Fair Play rules if we spend on a few players now, then why did Ali Mack approve the signing of a mediocre forward for £11million at the beginning of our campaign?

Surely he would know this may jeopardise any future transfers by over-spending on 1 player, incurring fines or even more serious measures??  I put it to MJG that not even Ali Mack could be that incompetent.  Therefore, ergo, there IS money to spend on new players.

Unless MJG is stating Ali Mack has done that very thing, not structured the purchase of McCormack properly, and the sale of Dejagah, to actually be on the brink of incurring the maximum £8m loss permitted, which would also prove my point that he should not be in the job.

Logicalman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 08:10:47 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 23, 2015, 07:33:25 PM

That was the attitude of those who backed Magath and where did it take us??  Sorry VicHalom Junior, I will NOT accept the rotten standards, amateurish business acumen and the final nail put in Fulham's quest to return to the top division put back another 2 years.

MJG's non-stop excusing awful management at the top by Ali Mack and to a degree Khan which has left us in this predicament, does not make any common sense.

If as MJG claims (and he does not know), Fulham may fall foul of Financial Fair Play rules if we spend on a few players now, then why did Ali Mack approve the signing of a mediocre forward for £11million at the beginning of our campaign?

Surely he would know this may jeopardise any future transfers by over-spending on 1 player, incurring fines or even more serious measures??  I put it to MJG that not even Ali Mack could be that incompetent.  Therefore, ergo, there IS money to spend on new players.

Unless MJG is stating Ali Mack has done that very thing, not structured the purchase of McCormack properly, and the sale of Dejagah, to actually be on the brink of incurring the maximum £8m loss permitted, which would also prove my point that he should not be in the job.

Should that not read Ali Mack, MaF & to a degree Khan maybe? I mean, if you're going to start apportioning blame, make sure you include ALL those at the board level that need to shoulder it, notwithstanding that at least one of those provided so much for us he is often forgiven his latter day mistakes.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Logicalman on February 23, 2015, 08:20:37 PM

Should that not read Ali Mack, MaF & to a degree Khan maybe? I mean, if you're going to start apportioning blame, make sure you include ALL those at the board level that need to shoulder it, notwithstanding that at least one of those provided so much for us he is often forgiven his latter day mistakes.

No.  Unlike the other two, MAF was not in any capacity involved with Fulham when those two took us down.  I would add, had he stayed one more season the same team that were relegated would have finished mid-table.  It reminds me of the same argument some like to affix to Sir Alex Ferguson after he left winning the title with a mediocre team.

Khan on the other listened to a Scottish fool who employed three managers in one season, allowed Berbatov to go cheaply mid-term, spent £11m on an injured striker, etc.  The culpability is obvious.

Jonaldiniho 88

Why the need to keep mentioning that AM is Scottish? It's completely irrelevant to your point.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 23, 2015, 08:30:12 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 23, 2015, 08:20:37 PM

No.  Unlike the other two, MAF was not in any capacity involved with Fulham when those two took us down.  I would add, had he stayed one more season the same team that were relegated would have finished mid-table.  It reminds me of the same argument some like to affix to Sir Alex Ferguson after he left winning the title with a mediocre team.

Khan on the other listened to a Scottish fool who employed three managers in one season, allowed Berbatov to go cheaply mid-term, spent £11m on an injured striker, etc.  The culpability is obvious.
It's not really because the rumour is that Khan's son saw the stats on Mitroglou and sanctioned his signing over a player Curbs had recommended. So no one really knows who's to blame on any of the signings.
As for McCormack I was never 100% sold on him as I wanted an out and out striker like Rhodes.
The MAF argument would be that if he was not selling that summer he would have sacked Jol,  keeping Jol and allowing him to sign Parker and Bent who between them must have cost us 80k a week plus 3.5 for Parker and a 2m loan fee for Bent.  These two signings by Jol... Who got what he wanted plus 5m for a glass GK,  cost us in the long run.

Nick Bateman

.... a chant from the Hammersmith end of "SACK THE BOARD"!!  

Khan seems still bereft of knowledge about the situation at Fulham, and if he's getting his info from Kit Symons and Ali Mack, those two are sure to give him a glowing report.  Khan still believes the fans are behind Symons' woeful football because he's a 'Fulham' man.  I doubt is he knows the majority of us want him out or to change drastically.

Getting a Monday morning review from those two chaps and not watching the game we just lost/drew 0-0 is only getting half the picture.  Khan is either a stupid businessman, doesn't care, or is too lazy.

A "Sack The Board" chant is the only way we can force him to wake up!!  If he doesn't care, then we'll know for certain afterwards.

dannyboi-ffc

But he is never there to hear the chant so will it make a difference?  I agree something needs to be done but it's not just Kit, it's the whole running of the club.

We are a joke and most if it is Khans fault for being so oblivious to what a Chairman should do
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Roberty

I see no point to futile chanting, it might make you feel better but it is going to do nothing to improve our teams performance

We have thirteen matches left this season and given our current position, no chance that any quality player will want to sign for our club. So what we have we are stuck with

That being the case, don't you think it might be a better idea to support the team? In the hope that we can encourage them enough to keep us in the Championship?

That way we might then live to fight another day

The time for protest is at the end of the season so as to make sure we do not get into this position again
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Cravenawin

Quote from: Roberty on February 27, 2015, 09:46:58 PM
I see no point to futile chanting, it might make you feel better but it is going to do nothing to improve our teams performance

We have thirteen matches left this season and given our current position, no chance that any quality player will want to sign for our club. So what we have we are stuck with

That being the case, don't you think it might be a better idea to support the team? In the hope that we can encourage them enough to keep us in the Championship?

That way we might then live to fight another day

The time for protest is at the end of the season sonb as to make sure we do not get into this position again

Spot on. This team ( and Kit ) need our vocal support more than ever, starting tomorrow.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 27, 2015, 10:14:46 PM
Well whatever the score tomorrow, win lose or draw, let's at least let Derby know they have been in a game, if we have to go down fighting so to speak, then so be it, but the effort, commitment and application must be seen in abundance, whether it's Custers last stand, or Rorkes Drift, it's time for the players to roll their those sleeves up, throw away those pathetic gloves they wear, and sweat blood.  for the cause.
Totally agree

dannyboi-ffc

Well whatever the score tomorrow, win lose or draw, let's at least let Derby know they have been in a game, if we have to go down fighting so to speak, then so be it, but the effort, commitment and application must be seen in abundance, whether it's Custers last stand, or Rorkes Drift, it's time for the players to roll their those sleeves up, throw away those pathetic gloves they wear, and sweat blood.  for the cause.

The words of a very wise man! Whatever happens I will stick by the team because I love the club. That doesn't mean I back kit or Khan but I stay with fulham through thick and thin.

The others are right,  these protests aren't necessary at the moment. I don't agree with the way khan runs the club but that's an issue for the summer.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Well whatever the score tomorrow, win lose or draw, let's at least let Derby know they have been in a game, if we have to go down fighting so to speak, then so be it, but the effort, commitment and application must be seen in abundance, whether it's Custers last stand, or Rorkes Drift, it's time for the players to roll their those sleeves up, throw away those pathetic gloves they wear, and sweat blood.  for the cause.
Or even the Alamo, the result is inevitable we will lose, look forward to 2moro nights inquest, all getting inevitable this season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)