watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rigg

Started by BalDrick, February 25, 2015, 02:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

So, Rigg is due to start on Monday isn't he? Unless he's had a change of mind (and you couldn't blame him for that - if only we all could).

What do people expect him to bring to the table? Could he have a new manager/director of football he's going to appoint on day one?

In short, do we think he's going to be able to help in any way arrest this slide towards League 1?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

jarv

FFC1987

Quote from: BalDrick on February 25, 2015, 02:55:55 PM
So, Rigg is due to start on Monday isn't he? Unless he's had a change of mind (and you couldn't blame him for that - if only we all could).

What do people expect him to bring to the table? Could he have a new manager/director of football he's going to appoint on day one?

In short, do we think he's going to be able to help in any way arrest this slide towards League 1?

I can't see what impact he'll have in the short term unless he changes the manager. Kit is the only man who can ultimately change things, with getting the players back to form or changing his tactics and starting lineups....or stepping down and allowing someone who can.

westcliff white

Mike Rigg, in my view, isnt going to sack Kit on day 1 or day 51, kit will be with us till the end of the season. He may of course get a DOF or suggest an experienced head to come in and assist kit.

I suspect we will see the impact of his arrival over the summer and going forward, hopefully his book of contacts is still upto date and he is still on friendly terms with those in it.
Every day is a Fulham day

jarv

The problem of course, is NOW. How to avoid relegation. It is great to have the finest scouts and "upstairs" guys, great academy, new management structure etc but it is on the pitch that needs fixing first, isn't it?

His name was mentioned in conjunction with Southgate at the FA.....he (Southgate) was a miserable failure in management at Middlesborough. What can he have learnt from him?

What will be will be.

Two Ton Ted

How long before the first Rigg out post?

I'll give it till 4th March
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FFC1987

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 25, 2015, 03:38:57 PM

There's been one already I believe....

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 25, 2015, 03:41:07 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 25, 2015, 03:38:57 PM

There's been one already I believe....

Until it was pointed out to the poster that he hadn't even started!!!   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I hope there is no expectation that Rigg will be able to turn our fortunes around in the 3 months or so he has left in this season, I suspect he will attempt to find some help for Kit, and then start making the bigger and long-term decisions come the summer.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Lets be clear about Rigg, hes not a coach or manager, if anything hes a glorified scout who will now have the role of looking after the football aspect of the club.

Lighthouse

Kit would be mad not to play him instead of Rodders or Tunnidliffe or Hutchinson or Bodurov or Parker or Kaka or Forfana or...............Well he hasn't played yet and everybody who hasn't played is always better than those playing. Until they play.  086.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 25, 2015, 03:57:32 PM
Kit would be mad not to play him instead of Rodders or Tunnidliffe or Hutchinson or Bodurov or Parker or Kaka or Forfana or...............Well he hasn't played yet and everybody who hasn't played is always better than those playing. Until they play.  086.gif

Yes but where does he play? Sweeper? False No. 9? But you're right he has had no game time so must be a saviour.

Nick Bateman

I welcome with bated breath the arrival of Mike Rigg, otherwise known as "Rigsby", the stingey landlord from "Rising Damp".  He has in fact been employed since November by Khan; it has taken him three months to pack his toothbrush and start actually doing his job.

While Khan lavishes on the backroom staff who do hardly anything, the team suffers, as we know by the lack of activity in the January window.  Ali Mack moves his copious heathen backside sideways but stays on the same salary for no apparent reason: perhaps there's a shipment of paper clips he needs to attend to!??

Fulham can still buy players from the lower leagues; the big Preston goalkeeper impressed me, though we don't need a 'keeper that much, just an example.  I'm sure you lot can conjure up some Championship & Div 1 talent Fulham's financial 'muscle' can attract in the coming days.

But we need urgent transfer action NOW or a "Sack The Board" chant versus Derby will be warranted.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

TWFL

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 25, 2015, 05:14:02 PM
I welcome with bated breath the arrival of Mike Rigg, otherwise known as "Rigsby", the stingey landlord from "Rising Damp".  He has in fact been employed since November by Khan; it has taken him three months to pack his toothbrush and start actually doing his job.

While Khan lavishes on the backroom staff who do hardly anything, the team suffers, as we know by the lack of activity in the January window.  Ali Mack moves his copious heathen backside sideways but stays on the same salary for no apparent reason: perhaps there's a shipment of paper clips he needs to attend to!??

Fulham can still buy players from the lower leagues; the big Preston goalkeeper impressed me, though we don't need a 'keeper that much, just an example.  I'm sure you lot can conjure up some Championship & Div 1 talent Fulham's financial 'muscle' can attract in the coming days.

But we need urgent transfer action NOW or a "Sack The Board" chant versus Derby will be warranted.
Firstly, it's called handing in notice and is a contractual obligation, so he's legally not allowed to start straightaway with us.

Secondly, it's outside of the transfer window. We can't sign anyone. We can loan somebody but that's it and Kit has already mentioned that we tried but it was out of our hands.

FFC4Life

According to his LinkedIn profile he started at FFC this month. Presumably negotiated terms of an early release from his previous role at The FA.

cmg

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 25, 2015, 05:14:02 PM

Is this a special dispensation negotiated by our brilliant managerial team or does the 'dodgy browser' strike again?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: cmg on February 25, 2015, 08:03:47 PM

Is this a special dispensation negotiated by our brilliant managerial team or does the 'dodgy browser' strike again?

I think they changed it recently from what I was always aware of.  You're right!  The bloody window does apply in the Championship.  We can still get out-of-contract signings and as stated loanees.  Ched Evans, is he any good?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

westcliff white

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 25, 2015, 08:11:33 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 25, 2015, 08:03:47 PM

I think they changed it recently from what I was always aware of.  You're right!  The bloody window does apply in the Championship.  We can still get out-of-contract signings and as stated loanees.  Ched Evans, is he any good?
we can only sign out of contract players released inside the window. as for Evans no thanks
Every day is a Fulham day